Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Editors are the ones who are supposed to map and coordinate how the publishing flows in titles coming at the same time. Damian died because Morrison decided to end his run right there, it wasn`t because it was something that was planned ahead by editorial at the time.

The crux of this argument is whether other writers referenced RATHO a good deal, or if at all, and then if they did if it contradicted much, and the answer is yes they did and no it didn`t.

How do you know the last time Jason saw Damian was only as Wingman? Jason was a good deal in Gotham since "Court of Owls", throught that "Batman Inc" stage and DOTF and could have be in and out of the Wingman role. The events of Inc didn`t overlap all in a single day.

The reason you (and I dare say most of us) think it`s a mess is because both issues of two different titles came out at what, the same month?

Editorial.

I know it was the last time because in Batman INC Wingman was captured during the night of Leviathan then Damian dies, Jason, as Wingman was still captive and wasn't in the funeral.

So no, there's no time for that corny scene in RHATO. You don't think that is a contradiction? Fine don't care.

Extraordinary Member

How do you know the last time Jason saw Damian was only as Wingman? Jason was a good deal in Gotham since "Court of Owls", throught that "Batman Inc" stage and DOTF and could have be in and out of the Wingman role. The events of Inc didn`t overlap all in a single day.
    Lobdell referenced the Red Bird and Wingman team up (and it was the only time Damian used the Red Bird identity), and that happened on the day Damian died.

If we're talking about contradictions then how about Dick not knowing that Batman had "died" during endgame when he was dressed as Batman during that time. It makes no sense for him not knowing why Batman isn't responding to his calls.

Then there's his meeting with Damian. Sure it was sweet, but the "you are alive?" makes no sense either. Why would Dick go to the place where Damian was, with Ra's sword (?) and a hidden message for him to use if he didn't already know that Damian was alive?

The Bat God that's going on on Justice League is also against continuity.

RHaTO isn't the major source of continuity problems. I'd say every comic has some at some point. Plus didn't Batman Inc start before the New 52? There was even a picture of Red Hood and Scarlet in one of the first issues, so Morrison clearly started it as Pre New 52 and went on from there because that was the story he wanted to tell and he wanted to kill Damian. If anything, Batman Inc was the one that screw the continuity by not following the rest of the New 52 books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Lobdell referenced the Red Bird and Wingman team up (and it was the only time Damian used the Red Bird identity), and that happened on the day Damian died.
    Jason references the team-up in RATHO#17 when talking with Damian, after dealing with Joker. In #18 there`s the flashback talk between Jason as Wingman and Bruce, which is hinted to have happen after his reveal to the others earlier on in INC #4. In #Inc 13 Jason seemigly has been imprisioned since Damian died in INC #8. However between #4 and #8 characters like Nigthwing were moving around events.

It`s a tight timeline with both events going at the same time, or at least with the day Damian dying not being the same that Jason is in bed (obviously). But to me is on editorial, not writers contradicting each other. Writers doing that would not aknowleging whatever is happening in another book. Editorial is the one that messed up mapping the Death Of The Family event and Requiem and allowed Morrison to kill Damian at the same time of publishing.

But tell you what, let`s have this one as an exemple of RATHO contradicting another title and it still won`t matter in the argument of "nobody cares about what happens over RATHO" or "RATHO contradicts too much", because as responses have shown, both are fallacies.

2 pages over one exemple tell the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    If anything, Batman Inc was the one that screw the continuity by not following the rest of the New 52 books.
    Pretty much.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 10-17-2015 at 11:03 AM.

Extraordinary Member

It`s a tight timeline with both events going at the same time, or at least with the day Damian dying not being the same that Jason is in bed (obviously). But to me is on editorial, not writers contradicting each other. Writers doing that would not aknowleging whatever is happening in another book. Editorial is the one that messed up mapping the Death Of The Family event and Requiem and allowed Morrison to kill Damian at the same time of publishing.
    Just read Inc. It happens all in one Day (or maybe two), there is no way you can fit a time jump big enough for "Death of the Family" and it aftermath in this story.
    Btw. it becomes even more messy if you look how it started. In their own books Jason is kidnapped after returning from space/having a date with Isabel and Tim is kidnapped directly from New York. In the main comics you have scene were they all met in the Batcave before they get kidnapped. (And the other tie ins have probably similar problems)

Extraordinary Member

But back to Batman and Robin Eternal #2

What confuses me is how Cass is able to find Jason and how she (or who ever she is working for) knows that Jason is alive and Red Hood.

What confuses me is how Cass is able to find Jason and how she (or who ever she is working for) knows that Jason is alive and Red Hood.
    Considering how Mother seems to know about every of her "children" it would not be surprising that Cassandra knows through her but Bruce could have told her as well. He had contact to her after all.

Incredible Member

Probably the same way she knew to find Dick and that he wasn't dead too. If she's working for Bruce, then I assume he's kept her updated with the info she needs (which sounds fake, but ok). Or Mother who seems to know where her kids are.

I think i figured out the true inspiration for Batman and Robin Eternal.

Ya sorry, im bored....

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I think i figured out the true inspiration for Batman and Robin Eternal.

Ya sorry, im bored....
    I could never remember the name of this song, I love this song.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Considering how Mother seems to know about every of her "children" it would not be surprising that Cassandra knows through her but Bruce could have told her as well. He had contact to her after all.
    But it seems that she was able to track down Jason, despite that he was running around somewhere and was not at his safe house, directly after rescuing Harper.

Finding Dick seems seems similar impossible. He is officially dead, works for Spyral as globe-trotting spy, knowing that that he is in Gotham is already kind of impossible. Ok maybe she was already shadowing Dick for some time, or followed him after the fight with the cyborg. But how could she know where Jason went after the fight.

Incredible Member

Chances are that Cass found Grayson and was already following him for quite some time now...as for Jason, all we have its one panel where Jason's ask's Grayson: "a assassin? you don't say...how does she looks like?"...as far as we know Cass was chasing The Orphan, lost him, was looking for him, and casually found Jason.

That Cass found Dick or Jason is a little silly. Bruce had lost communication with Dick some time ago and wouldn't know his whereabouts. I doubt Spyral would advertise his location either. I don't read Jasons book but I imagine his movements are erratic and he is a well trained vigilante. He could probably tell if someone was shadowing him.

Unless Bruce had someway of tracking them like a subcutaneous chip or some nonsense. Or Alfred is in on it, which would fit with his new a-hole personality. More than likely it's just one of those odd unexplained things that cropped up in the other Eternal series too and us nerds are reading too much into it

Extraordinary Member

She could have been shadowing Orphan, discovered the plot to send kids to kill Grayson, and followed up there.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Incredible Member

Tbh, I wouldn't put it past Bruce to have had the Robins chipped when he got them. (Responsible ownership and all that.)

I do think she was chasing Orphan and ran into Jay accidentally though. I would put money on the opening panel of the next issue will be Orphan crashing through the window and landing on Jays neck. (A fight will the ensue.)
    Last edited by HellHere; 10-18-2015 at 08:22 AM.