Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default The Cancelled Shows you Remember .....

One of the favorite things about finding old TV Guides is those classic Fall Preview issues. The ones where you see a bunch of shows you know won't be around that 2nd year. This this thread is about those same shows. Now to make this thread work if you list a show and discuss it....you can't name one that has been around a few seasons and not rated as high that finally was cancelled. Almost all of us know that Firefly , Angel and other shows.

To start this , I got a 1987 TV Guide for 50 cents the other day. This one had numerous shows that died. One of them was this one that died a quick death. I never knew Dennis Weaver made another TV series after one in the 1970's.

This was the description of the TV Series....

Said to be based on the the television health personality Dr. "Red" Duke, "Buck James" focuses on the career and adventures of a Texas hospital emergency room chief who is also passionately devoted to ranching.
    Anyhow why did a TV series starring Dennis Weaver who had already been in 2 successful shows fail ? According to Wikipedia the show ranked #82 for the season and faced stiff competition on Sunday nights in 1987. Family Ties (17th) , My 2 Dads (21st) on NBC was tough to beat. Over at CBS Murder She Wrote (9th) and the CBS Sunday Movie (18th) was on against it.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

It's fairly recent, but I really liked Almost Human. There was, I thought, a lot of promise for what season two could have done and the cast was really good.

Just too bad.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Sym-Bionic Titan and Motorcity were two animated shows I remember enjoying greatly that got cancelled. Both ended after their first seasons, consisting of 20 episodes each.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Amazing Member

Parker Lewis Can't Lose.

BANNED

Pushing Daisies.

Incredible Member

Here's two old ones.

John Doe

Fortune Dane

What's the difference between a show that was cancelled and a show that actually ended with resolutions and everything? Because then this thread will pretty much be filled with practically every show of the 80's and 90's.

Incredible Member

"Stephen King's Golden Years." Ended after one season on a total cliffhanger and no one ever got to find out what happened next.

terriers-tv-show-cancelled-560x315.jpg

FX how could you take this away from us

Tru Calling
    Veronica Mars
    Dead Like Me

Manimal. 1983. Don't even think it ran half a season. Shape shifting vigilante.

The Master. Either 1983 or 1984. Lee Van Cleef as a ninja master who rode around the country helping folks out.

Street Hawk. May have also been half a season in 1984? Sorta Knight Rider on a motorcycle.

Harsh Realm.
    Journeyman.

Quote Originally Posted by doc chaos View Post
    Parker Lewis Can't Lose.
    I think you mean Ferris Bueller.

Birds Of Prey. Half a season before comic book television really blew up. Post-2000.