Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Ah, I love it when my senility shows. LOL. Glad you liked this show too. It was so funny and well-written with quirky characters and an amazing cast. Must've had a bad time slot because anyone who watched it would more than likely come back to see it again the following week. Thanks for letting me know.

Of course, had it stayed on, we would've never gotten Hyde Pierce as Niles on Frasier. That would've been a great loss for sure.
    Actually because of this show, even though we never saw Maris on Frasier, in my mind she looked exactly like his wife from The Powers That Be.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Actually because of this show, even though we never saw Maris on Frasier, in my mind she looked exactly like his wife from The Powers That Be.
    Agree. I kept telling my friends that Valerie Mahaffey would make the perfect Maris Crane. She even guest-starred as another character late in the series. But she would've been perfect.

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its been a few months since I got to do a Cancelled Shows post. So this one is fresh off news that after a near decade away Beavis & Butthead is coming to Comedy Central. The show will get a 2 season order for us fans and likely be paired next to South Park for a nice animated hour. But as posted before here some animated shows don't work out and they disappear to never been seen again.

Back in the early 2000's the former National Network that became Spike TV had scored a major coup. They had picked up the WWE TV programming and watched as it became its signature programming. With Monday Night RAW the executives finally had that top cable show to lure people to their network but the rest of the week was a barren wasteland more or less. Repeats of shows like Dukes of Hazzard and Dallas aired and the Spike executives knew they had to strike on the WWE audience as they could with edgy programming.

This is how Stripperella was born.

This adult geared cartoon was one created by Stan Lee about a superhero who works as a stripper for her job. Hence the title and to really push people towards the series Spike cast Pamela Anderson for the lead voice role. Its no shock the lead character is modeled after Anderson and her draw as a sex symbol was to lure adults to the show on Thursday nights. I mean this was Pamela Anderson more or less then for us guys...

I did not want to post anything too bad due to CBR sensors for sure. But you get the point that Anderson was the main hook of the show with Stan Lee creating this animated world more or less. The rest of the vocal cast was pros as well as Mark Hamill and Joey Lauren Adams too. Plus to tie into the lure of the WWE on the network the strip club was owned by Dirk McMahon and you guessed it...Vince McMahon did the voice for that character.

With Pamela Anderson supplying the inspiration and look of the character and the voice , plus Stan Lee behind it creatively with solid voice talent this should have worked...right ? It should have ran a few years ?

No , it didn't. Because beyond the WWE programming Spike TV had terrible executives who had no clue how to handle a network at times when it came to original programming they had . Stripperella would debut in June 2003 and suddenly the 2 part episode origin , well the 2nd part didn't air until October of that year. The show would air in June and July as a 1st part , have that 1 episode air out of order in October and suddenly return in Feb-March of 2004 to finish out.

The show also comically had the animation change some things halfway through the season for fuck knows what reason really. No one can really explain that idea and one character suddenly had a darker complexion and developed an accent that changed each episode. But the end result is this from wiki which had Stan Lee cite creative differences and walk away from the series. Spike TV soon cancelled it in 2004 ending the experimented animated block they attempted with Ren & Stimpy.

There has been a DVD release of the series 13 episodes. At least there was that for fans of the series who wished there was a season 2.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Mighty Member

Nowhere Man. About Thomas Veil.

Only one season, during UPN’s first year.

Spectacular Member

For Stripperella, there was actually a comic book with very little actual connection to the show released a few years ago.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...tYqY9ep&rank=2

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Nowhere Man. About Thomas Veil.

Only one season, during UPN’s first year.
    I used to love that show when I was young. Most people don't even remember it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    1994 was very early days of Internet, so very little on the show exists)

Extraordinary Member Deathstroke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I remember the show and watched it. But I couldn't tell you much about it nowadays.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

In no order, and consisting of older and more recent shows:

Dead like Me (glad they got a movie to finish it)
    Dollhouse
    X-Men Evolution
    Young Hercules
    The Spectacular Spider-Man
    Gargoyles
    Cloak and Dagger
    So Weird
    Firefly
    Daybreak
    Sens8 (also glad this got a movie, though it was rushed)

I'm sure there's more I could think of. Side note, I saw on Twitter the other day that some old cartoons are apparently getting revived, like Clone High (I recall watching come episodes of this way back when but I remember nothing about it).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I remember the show and watched it. But I couldn't tell you much about it nowadays.
    The sad part is that if I didn’t believe you were serious this would actually be a pretty good joke about the series

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Agree. I kept telling my friends that Valerie Mahaffey would make the perfect Maris Crane. She even guest-starred as another character late in the series. But she would've been perfect.
    The wrench there is that Valerie Mahaffey was in an episode of Frasier, as Frasier's temp secretary when he and Niles opened a private practice together. Something would have been said, I'm sure. I think she's a bit too attractive, too.

My mental image has always been Shelley Duvall.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    The wrench there is that Valerie Mahaffey was in an episode of Frasier, as Frasier's temp secretary when he and Niles opened a private practice together. Something would have been said, I'm sure. I think she's a bit too attractive, too.
    Isn't that like asking why Frasier didn't recognize his dad on Cheers? Same actor different character.

Incredible Member

Wolverine and the X-Men (animated series)
    The Gates (supernatural show)

Mighty Member

Chilling Adventure of Sabrina...

Okay, it's final season was just announced, but this one hurts. I don't know if the series was planned to only last for 36 episodes, but I am definitely left wanting more!

Astonishing Member

Pushing Daisies.