One of the favorite things about finding old TV Guides is those classic Fall Preview issues. The ones where you see a bunch of shows you know won't be around that 2nd year. This this thread is about those same shows. Now to make this thread work if you list a show and discuss it....you can't name one that has been around a few seasons and not rated as high that finally was cancelled. Almost all of us know that Firefly , Angel and other shows.

To start this , I got a 1987 TV Guide for 50 cents the other day. This one had numerous shows that died. One of them was this one that died a quick death. I never knew Dennis Weaver made another TV series after one in the 1970's.

This was the description of the TV Series....

Said to be based on the the television health personality Dr. "Red" Duke, "Buck James" focuses on the career and adventures of a Texas hospital emergency room chief who is also passionately devoted to ranching.
Anyhow why did a TV series starring Dennis Weaver who had already been in 2 successful shows fail ? According to Wikipedia the show ranked #82 for the season and faced stiff competition on Sunday nights in 1987. Family Ties (17th) , My 2 Dads (21st) on NBC was tough to beat. Over at CBS Murder She Wrote (9th) and the CBS Sunday Movie (18th) was on against it.