Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Tenspeed & Brownshoe. Jeff Goldblum and Ben Vereen as quirky private eyes.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Vengeance Unlimited

The Pretender

Dollhouse
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Firefly

Star Trek Enterprise

Both cut down too soon.

BANNED

Herman's Head
    Normal Ohio
    Time Trax
    Baywatch Nights
    Capital Critters

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    Tru Calling
    Veronica Mars
    Dead Like Me
    Yes to all three and add Wonderfalls and The Good Guys

Backstrom and Selfie

Incredible Member

Trophy Wife. I'm never going to be able to forgive ABC for its horrible name, and its equally poor scheduling. Had they schedule it alongside Modern Family/ The Middle, it would have just started Season 3. Instead, they stuck it on Tuesdays after Agents of SHIELD, which wasn't a compatible lead in. At least it introduced breakout star Albert Tsai.

Kolchak the Night Stalker.

Pushing Daisies. I absolutely loved this short-lived show.

Mockingbird Lane. Munsters remake with loads of potential.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    Trophy Wife. I'm never going to be able to forgive ABC for its horrible name, and its equally poor scheduling. Had they schedule it alongside Modern Family/ The Middle, it would have just started Season 3. Instead, they stuck it on Tuesdays after Agents of SHIELD, which wasn't a compatible lead in. At least it introduced breakout star Albert Tsai.
    The name was good, as was the show, but they've also only got so much time to show stuff, and the ratings weren't good. Me, I would have kept it around; what ABC should have done a long time ago is just make Tuesday another night of sitcoms, and ship Agents of SHIELD off to friday...or put it on before Castle.

Agents of SHIELD isn't a good lead-in for anything, it's killed basically everything that's come on after it. Even another spy show.

BANNED

I really liked Southland, which was cancelled for The Jay Leno Show; a prime time talk show in which the host clearly didn't care at all. And yeah, sure, it was picked up after being cancelled by NBC, but I never saw it after NBC cancelled it. Southland was the best thing on network tv at the time too, and it wasn't even like it had bad rating, (it actually did better than a few of their other shows) but NBC just let it go.

Fox also had a really good cop show called The Chicago Code a few years back that was really good.

Oh, and there's Shark. It was interesting watching CBS take one of the best shows they've had since CSI, as show that I'm pretty sure was one of their biggest hits, and then seemingly kill it because the star talked about not being happy.

And there's also Pushing Daisies, that's another thing it's weird to see what happened to. Because for most of it's first season it actually did really good, and it was a great show, but instead of trying to find a place where it could maybe get about to those first season ratings, they killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Yep, I feel you on that one.

I miss Life.

I liked Life quite a bit.
    Like House was Sherlock but a doctor show, Life was The Count of Monte Crist but a cop show.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    And there's also Pushing Daisies, that's another thing it's weird to see what happened to. Because for most of it's first season it actually did really good, and it was a great show, but instead of trying to find a place where it could maybe get about to those first season ratings, they killed it.

I still mourn.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Strike Force (1981). Just one season starring Robert Stack who leads an elite team of crimebusting L.A. cops which I thought was awesome stuff, complete with a kick ass opening theme! I'm sorely disappointed this show hasn't been released on home video.

Outlaws (1986-87). Another show I loved with the batshit crazy premise of a 19th century gang of Texas outlaws and the sheriff (Rod Taylor of The Birds) chasing them having been transported by magical lightning while in an Indian graveyard into modern day Houston where they open a private detective agency. Honest.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Harry Dresden show

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Harry Dresden show
    Agreed. I enjoyed The Dresden Files that were produced, even if they were too much of a departure from the books.