Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Agreed. I enjoyed The Dresden Files that were produced, even if they were too much of a departure from the books.
    The show got me into the books and while I like both the changes made to Bob fit better on live TV. And leaving out the fairy/other world helped keep the cost down on a non-network (not ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX) even though it didn't help its longevity.

Still believe that if SCI-FI moved the show to USA it would have lasted longer.

Reunion. You couldn't let it finish its story, Fox? Come on...

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The premise was Gloria had came home to New York to be close to her father after her husband Mike had left her for a student so he could live on a hippie commune.
    WHAT?! That's awful!

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    The name was good, as was the show, but they've also only got so much time to show stuff, and the ratings weren't good. Me, I would have kept it around; what ABC should have done a long time ago is just make Tuesday another night of sitcoms, and ship Agents of SHIELD off to friday...
    Bite thy tongue.

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

Carnivale was great and got canned too early.

There was only one series of American Gothic, that was pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Birds Of Prey. Half a season before comic book television really blew up. Post-2000.
    Loved that show despite it being under appreciated and misunderstood.

Also...

Farscape. I cried hysterically after the final episode.
    The Tick (live action)
    Blade the Series
    The Flash (1990)
    Mantis
    Sliders
    Freddy's Nightmares

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
    Young Justice
    Green Lantern: Animated
    Justice League Unlimted. (That show could have lasted ten years and I'd still think it was too short of a time.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Journeyman
    V
    Traveler
    Bored to Death
    Rome
    Rome got screwed over pretty bad when they cancelled that. I feel for the writers trying to cram so much into that 2nd season. No matter how screwy that season's pacing got, it was still head and shoulders above so many other TV shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Loved that show despite it being under appreciated and misunderstood.

Also...

Farscape. I cried hysterically after the final episode.
    The Tick (live action)
    Blade the Series
    The Flash (1990)
    Mantis
    Sliders
    Freddy's Nightmares
    Every year I go back and re-watch my Fascape DVD's. Did you see the special they did for the movie? It has the moment where the creators address the crew about the cancellation. Everybody is so sad and Claudia Black is trying her best to hold back the tears. It was cool seeing them come back for Peace Keeper Wars.
    Last edited by harashkupo; 10-11-2015 at 03:32 PM.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Also, I feel there were quite a few shows whose quality took a huge hit during the writers guild strike. I always thought that led to quite a few shows getting put on the chopping block prematurely.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Bite thy tongue.
    Why? Is the Agents of SHIELD audience out and about on Fridays? Do you think a move to Friday would hurt the shows ever declining ratings? Would probably be wiser for ABC if Dr. Ken and Last Man Standing came on along with The Muppets and Fresh Off the Boat.

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Also, I feel there were quite a few shows whose quality took a huge hit during the writers guild strike. I always thought that led to quite a few shows getting put on the chopping block prematurely.
    Which ones?

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Why? Is the Agents of SHIELD audience out and about on Fridays? Do you think a move to Friday would hurt the shows ever declining ratings? Would probably be wiser for ABC if Dr. Ken and Last Man Standing came on along with The Muppets and Fresh Off the Boat.

Which ones?
    Off the top of my head Life and Pushing Daisies. Plus I know Lost gets a lot of flak but the strike really hit that show and the last season of Battlestar. Any time I re-watch these shows, I feel there's a definite change that hurt each series.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Rome got screwed over pretty bad when they cancelled that. I feel for the writers trying to cram so much into that 2nd season. No matter how screwy that season's pacing got, it was still head and shoulders above so many other TV shows.

Every year I go back and re-watch my Fascape DVD's. Did you see the special they did for the movie? It has the moment where the creators address the crew about the cancellation. Everybody is so sad and Claudia Black is trying her best to hold back the tears. It was cool seeing them come back for Peace Keeper Wars.
    Yeah. I bought the complete series a few years back and started watching them again on the Pivot channel. It was such a good series. I wish they would bring it back even if it's a spin-off series with new characters ala Star Trek TNG.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Enterprise - although it had some issue .. such as bad story arc, it had a is decent interpretation of trekverse.
    Greatest American Hero - it was a good superhero series
    The Fall Guy- A very cool premise for a show ..

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post

WHAT?! That's awful!
    People have questioned why CBS just didn't say Mike had died. Instead they wrote him out that way.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Off the top of my head Life and Pushing Daisies. Plus I know Lost gets a lot of flak but the strike really hit that show and the last season of Battlestar. Any time I re-watch these shows, I feel there's a definite change that hurt each series.
    Lost went down hill when they opened the hatch, that was the point in which it because painfully clear that this show predicated on the idea that all these little things were going somewhere wasn't actually going anywhere, that they didn't even have a general idea where they were going. Season 2 of Lost happened a few years before the writers strike.

I want to say Battlestar Galactica started going down hill at the end of it's third season, which was also before the writers strike happened.

House(was going down hill and ran its course but what can i say i loved that show)
    Rome
    Numbers
    lie to me

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    House(was going down hill and ran its course but what can i say i loved that show)
    Rome
    Numbers
    lie to me
    But House ran for eight season and it ended. It's not the kind of thing people would usually bring up for this.

It did suck that Lie to Me got cancelled. That show had such a great cast, and it was good.

You ever watch Chicago Fire?