Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Also if were talking cartoons
    Gargolyes was my favorite show as a child. Along with batman/xmen tas and Darkwing Duck. But all those ran there course. Gargoyles had more to offer imo. One of the smartest, best written cartoons for children. Still holds up today for me. Also great voice acting. Disney needs to make a live action Gargolyes with original cast doing voices. Except Hudson, Asner passed away right? Getting off topic ima stop.

BANNED

Though this show did get a proper ending, it was meant to go on longer and it was never able to.

The Killing

Personally one of the greatest detective/mystery shows I have ever watched, about intricate crimes explored from a variety of angles. Incredible characters, incredible storyline, stunning imagery. Kept you engaged, and made you fall in love with everyone on screen, even the bad guys. The first three seasons were brilliant, and though the fourth season was not as good, it provided a nice conclusion for the characters.

AMC cancelled the show, so Netflix picked it up for one final season. It should have had at least five full seasons, but it didn't.

If you're an admirer of complexity, this show is for you.

Re-watching Sleeper Cell and wishing that had a better ending.

Such an awesome cast.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

So they made a Tremors 5. I found this out while digging through a rack of used Blu-Rays at a thrift store. No one tells me anything.

But buying that just reminded me how good Tremors: The Series was. Sure it was cheesy low budget monster of the week schlock, but that's exactly what I was looking for. It's a very specific niche, and one Tremor: The Series fit perfectly. I watched every episode when it first aired, it had big hype, and actually had good ratings from what I remember. And yet Sci-Fi chose not to pick it up for a second season, the next movie was a prequel, and it was more than a decade before Tremors surfaced again. How different that could have gone if Tremors: The Series had stayed on the air for a few more seasons.

BANNED

really? thats widely considered one of syfys bigger failures - aired while Stargate was chugging along and they didn't have much else in the way of original programming

the movies fine, but it had no business as a TV series

Fantastic Member

Some really really great mentions in this thread. Shoutout to Daybreak, and Journeyman. I would add Awake, Flash Forward, Night Man, Darkman(well this never actually aired I don't think, but there was a pilot made), Savannah(I love you Jamie Luner!), and Men Behaving Badly.

"Strange Luck" with DB Sweeney was just getting interesting.

"Starved" on FX. I think people wrote it off assuming it was just a mean show with a lot of fat jokes, but it was a very compelling show about addiction and flawed characters.

"Space: Above and Beyond." It was a show about war more than anything else, despite the sci-fi trappings. Had a gut-wrenching ending too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Black View Post
    Though this show did get a proper ending, it was meant to go on longer and it was never able to.

The Killing

Personally one of the greatest detective/mystery shows I have ever watched, about intricate crimes explored from a variety of angles. Incredible characters, incredible storyline, stunning imagery. Kept you engaged, and made you fall in love with everyone on screen, even the bad guys. The first three seasons were brilliant, and though the fourth season was not as good, it provided a nice conclusion for the characters.

AMC cancelled the show, so Netflix picked it up for one final season. It should have had at least five full seasons, but it didn't.

It was so dour and morose. I never even made it through the first season

BANNED

The sitcom Pauly Shore had in the 90's.

I don't remember the name of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    The sitcom Pauly Shore had in the 90's.

I don't remember the name of the show.
    ..."Pauly"?
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Mighty Member

I'm surprised that this thread has reached page 8 and no one has mentioned "Spectacular Spider-Man". This was a tragedy. We had the best Spider-Man cartoon ever being written by a man who would use the lore to keep the fans guessing (The 'big man' was obviously Kingpin, except it wasn't, the constant back and forth on who exactly was Green Goblin, etc.). Who knew I would actually come to love the likes of Sandman, Rhino, Hammerhead, and the Enforcers? Every character was done well. We actually got to see the friendship between Peter and Flash begin to develop, and the series adapted the Venom storyline from the Ultimates comic to create the best portrayal of Venom since his introduction back in the 90's.

I understand that Disney wanted to go in a new direction after acquiring Marvel, but I really wish they would have realized that this was a fantastic series and negotiated with all the players involved to keep it going.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Exo Squad. A post-apocalyptic sci-fi cartoon. I was surprised with the things they got away with in a kids cartoon.
    I hated that this was cancelled after teasing us with episode 1 of a new season. The same thing happened when "The Transformers" gave us a three episode season 4 before cancelling the series (though at least it ended with a new Golden Age for Cybertron).

Also, I hate that I will never know resolutions to major storylines for "Reboot", "Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles", and "Shadow Raiders".

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Black View Post

The Killing

Actually, I have to disagree with this. Well, a little bit.

The final episode before AMC pulled the plug was the perfect ending to that show. Even when it was obvious how they were going to close that episode, I still couldn't believe that they actually did it.

Haven't watched the final season, and I'm pretty sure I never will.

Spectacular Member The Lonely Man's Avatar

Still somewhat topical but definitely Constantine, I really enjoyed that show. A few others I haven't seen mentioned - Dark Skies, massive potential but was never renewed for a second season.
    Despite running for 3 seasons and being pretty popular, especially over here in the Uk, Due South was another that had a lot of life left.

John Doe, Blade, Knight Rider ( the 2008 one), Roswell, I'd probably add Alias into the mix as well.
    Mtgglf

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    It was so dour and morose. I never even made it through the first season
    I guess that's just my kind of show ;D

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

The final episode before AMC pulled the plug was the perfect ending to that show. Even when it was obvious how they were going to close that episode, I still couldn't believe that they actually did it.

You mean the ending of Season 2 or Season 3?

The final season isn't terrible, it's worth watching just for the final 20 minutes of the last episode.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

It's the best season of the series.