Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default B.P.R.D Hell on Earth: Exorcism

Does anybody have any idea when this story might get collected? I am antsy to have it in my trade collection.

I imagine Exorcism will be only collected on the Hell on Earth omnibus editions... (probably on the second onde, right?)

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    I imagine Exorcism will be only collected on the Hell on Earth omnibus editions... (probably on the second onde, right?)
    That's my feeling as well, it was a side story so it didn't really fit with the trades but hopefully it'll be collected when they do the big omnibus.

All-New Member

I believe they've said they want to do more with Ashley Strode when Cameron Stewart is available. The plan may be -- or have been -- to do a 3-part series with the character at some point and then collect it along with "Exorcism." Since Mike and Cameron were the writers on "Exorcism" (i.e. since Arcudi wasn't involved), I'd bet the impending end of the "Hell on Earth" arc won't affect this plan; whenever they get around to telling it, they'll make the story a flashback.

They definitely want to do more with Ashley Strode. Now, it's just a timing thing.

All-New Member

This needs to happen. Ashley Strode is a great addition to the BPRD universe. Has she shown up in any way since Exorcism?

Quote Originally Posted by jackstar View Post
    This needs to happen. Ashley Strode is a great addition to the BPRD universe. Has she shown up in any way since Exorcism?
    She appeared in Abe Sapien #15, a flashback to the Plague of Frogs era. They definitely want to do more with her, it's just a matter of finding the right time.

Cameron Stewart is still doing Fight Club 2 right now, so I think it could come after he's finished with that series.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That's my feeling as well, it was a side story so it didn't really fit with the trades but hopefully it'll be collected when they do the big omnibus.
    Exorcism will be collected in a trade, it's just waiting for more Ashley Strode material to be collected with it.

I'd love some more Ashley Strode. And I love your new avatar middenway.

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    I'd love some more Ashley Strode. And I love your new avatar middenway.
    If you like that one, then you'll love my new one. Check the site out in an hour.

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    If you like that one, then you'll love my new one. Check the site out in an hour.
    Now I'm too busy wondering what the announcement is and I won't be able to concentrate on anything else for the next half-hour!

Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    I imagine Exorcism will be only collected on the Hell on Earth omnibus editions... (probably on the second one, right?)
    Exorcism will be collected with The Exorcist.

Right on cue.

I wanna view any addition onto the B.P.R.D. as being a valuable and welcome one.

As yet I haven't taken a shine to Ashley Strode much, since in my dinky old mind she would mainly appear like a young Buffy the Vampire Slayer wanting in on the B.P.R.D.
    Which feels pretty closed-minded of me but as yet I haven't been able to shake it.

Plus it might be part of my ethnic upbringing as a Dutchman that I primarily associate any such ideas as 'purgements', 'exorcisms', both as 'determinism' or 'innate evil', as foremostly common worldly tools onto but tyranny and corruption.

I don't know how much this would be problematic within my own eyes or onto my reading, but I do sense myself much more prone to enjoying witches and faeries and demons or even outright Doom than any entity trying to battle evil for the sake of whatever 'salvation' or 'holiness'. Meh.

I also don't know how serious or difficult it would need to be would I prove unable to think of Ashley fondly, but I guess I'm just gonna find out once I'd read BPRD: Exorcism or story matter still to follow onto such.

One other instance I felt myself responding astoundingly unaccepting all-of-a-sudden, would be while viewing the movie "Witchfinder General" starring Vincent Pryce as a corrupt and particularly vicious tyrant or at least that's how I viewed him.
    I was fistshaking and kept gruntingly swearing and spitting for as long as the movie played, until I switched the tape out for a more safely controversial Tarantino flick in order to cool things down again .
    Last edited by Kees_L; 10-31-2015 at 11:54 AM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper