Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Honestly, for me, if I pick this up it'll only be for this arc unless something really amazing happens because I'm just not interested in this whole 'I wanna have a normal life' thing they're going with her, especially from a hero who's been both an Avenger and a spy. It's like picking up Black Widow only for them to make a status quo where Natasha hangs up the cat suit and becomes a police officer; It's just not what I came for.
    I could see Tigra leaving The Avengers and becoming a member of the NYPD CSI Unit as well being a solo crime fighter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Other View Post
    Speaking of which, It's weird how Hopeless writes Jessica as if she doesn't like Peter, they've already been established as friends.
    If Hopeless had focused on developing Jessica's friendship with Peter, it might have brought in more readers to the book as we had seen with Silk's solo series. One of the few ways for Jessica's series to get more readers in is simply to make Peter(non-Spidey) as part of her supporting cast in his civilian role in which it doesn't take too much attention away from her lead time.

Kelly Sue D. missed the boat on not bringing Peter into Carol Danvers world from time to time in a non Spider-Man role.

I was going to give silk and spider gwen a second chance, but i've changed my mind. Wow. The all new marvel has barely started and already i'm dropping three titles from my pull list.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    If Hopeless had focused on developing Jessica's friendship with Peter, it might have brought in more readers to the book as we had seen with Silk's solo series. One of the few ways for Jessica's series to get more readers in is simply to make Peter(non-Spidey) as part of her supporting cast in his civilian role in which it doesn't take too much attention away from her lead time.

Kelly Sue D. missed the boat on not bringing Peter into Carol Danvers world from time to time in a non Spider-Man role.
    But people want to see Spiderman, so brining him in a non Spiderman role would seem a bit like a bait and switch.

With now a Howard the Duck and Squirrel Girl crossover event confirmed (this time however it seems to be in just Howard the Duck #6 and Squirrel Girl #6 issues only) that gives us three crossover teamup events upcoming: the Avengers event (which from what I read will be the longest of the three crossover events confirmed), Spider-Women, and this one (which is the shortest of the three events appearing in only two comic issues). 2016 will have some team-up events and who knows who else might find themselves paired up (Spider-men possible and the X-men and Inhumans teamup event due to the nature of the mists I foresee happening).

I an also foresee Howard the Duck and Squirrel Girl making fun yet tribute parody of the whole team-up events and comic conventions. Squirrel Girl: "Howard we have to team up! Only together can we score the chance to wait on a two hour line for a chance to pay for that limited edition poster supposedly sign by "Stan the Manly Man" at the discount rate of $500!"

So long as Peter Parker continues to be unlikable and stale, I'm all for raising the profile of female characters like Silk and Spider-Gwen. And depending on how the whole pregnancy story unfolds, I'm more than happy to include Jessica Drew in the mix as well. I know the prevalence of these events can be frustrating, but I think this is actually a good thing for these characters. If they're part of major events, then that puts them in a position to be more relevant. I've noticed throughout the history of comics that when characters basically keep to themselves, they tend to fade into obscurity. And I'd rather not see that happen with Silk or Spider-Gwen.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    So, Gwen is also stealing Anya's relationship with Jessica?
    Marvel's current approach with Anya is

The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mauled View Post
    But people want to see Spiderman, so bringing him in a non Spiderman role would seem a bit like a bait and switch.
    Not really. We rarely ever see Peter as a supporting cast in any other titles. Jessica and Peter could interact on a personal level just like she does with Carol. But in a non super powered role. Besides, unless it is a crossover, Spider-Man is not needed in the pages of Spider-Man. But as Peter Parker, it could work in a supporting cast role or cameo spot without the need for Spider-Man. The same can apply to Mr. Sims or Julia Carpenter being a supporting cast in Spider-Woman as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    So long as Peter Parker continues to be unlikable and stale, I'm all for raising the profile of female characters like Silk and Spider-Gwen. And depending on how the whole pregnancy story unfolds, I'm more than happy to include Jessica Drew in the mix as well. I know the prevalence of these events can be frustrating, but I think this is actually a good thing for these characters. If they're part of major events, then that puts them in a position to be more relevant. I've noticed throughout the history of comics that when characters basically keep to themselves, they tend to fade into obscurity. And I'd rather not see that happen with Silk or Spider-Gwen.
    Like Tigra, Styx & Stone, and Robin Vega?

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Marvel's current approach with Anya is

Seems to be the case.

Wont be surprised if Anya, who's Co-Leader and Second-in-Command, is made incompetent and takes orders from Gwen instead of her giving the orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Seems to be the case.

Wont be surprised if Anya, who's Co-Leader and Second-in-Command, is made incompetent and takes orders from Gwen instead of her giving the orders.
    I'm actually interested in what her relationship with Mayday will be like considering the whole thing of her adult self switching bodies with her and all.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I'm actually interested in what her relationship with Mayday will be like considering the whole thing of her adult self switching bodies with her and all.
    I have that arc, in the "Brand New May" TPB of Amazing Spider-Girl. That was a fun arc, and I liked Arana's costume.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

won't this hurt the books in the long run or at the very least turn off newcomers?