Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    That pretty much boils down to the never-ending question of why they can't get more "superstar" creators in their fold.
    Again, this may be more to do with the current leadership.
    We may never know the reasons why, say, Marvel can get big creators to fill up a whole slew of titles, while DC has equally popular characters still waiting for books. Especially since most big creators are now more interested in creator-owned work. If they were going to do wirk-for-hire, also, why aren't they being snatched by DC?
    I thought it was usually because Marvel allowed creators more leeway and voice in what they can do with a character and property compared to DC who can be very editorially hands-on with their characters. Though the former method comes with its own issues, as I'm sure people reading Marvel comics can attest.

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Isn't a Static book supposed to be part of the Milestone 2.0 relaunch? Or was I imagining that?

But yeah it does seem really strange that Shazam and Supergirl especially don't have books right now. I've been waiting for a Shazam book since Curse of Shazam ended and with Supergirl's show starting soon it seems really strange that she doesn't have something on the shelves.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure Reginald Hudlin confirmed he was writing a new Static book or that he was working on the script (was it Hudlin?)

I thought with Gary Frank done with Batman Earth One Volume 2 that he and Johns would get to work on something Shazam related, though you'd think we'd have heard about it by now.

I have no idea what they're planning for Supergirl now, especially with the show coming up so soon and no Supergirl comic in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Even if there was a line wide crossover event to unify the titles the books would still have these weak creative teams attached to them when it was over.
    I personally love the loose continuity that DC currently has. I still think the sub par creative teams on their core books is a huge problem.
    They need to put Steve Orlando on the Flash and King and Seeley on Suicide Squad. But obviously keep them on their current titles.
    I don't think the continuity's even been that loose, aside from when writers ignore Aquaman or Superman's status quo and put them into the League or in other books, it's just having people not sweat about the timeline.

Incredible Member

Yea it was hudlin.He's said he was working on both a static book and the live action series.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    John and Guy were in Lost Army, which is continuing into Edge of Oblivion. Kyle's been in Omega Men. The only missing human GL is Simon Baz. Before the cancellations in March Guy, John, and Kyle were all heading their own books.

I can't deny that DC emphasizes Hal but saying they don't do anything with the others at all isn't true.
    Did they bring up Edge of Oblivion at the NYCC panel? I went to NYCC, but I didn't go the DC panel. DC should do a better job getting the word out about their books in general. Not everyone goes to sites like CBR and Comics Beat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    Did they bring up Edge of Oblivion at the NYCC panel? I went to NYCC, but I didn't go the DC panel. DC should do a better job getting the word out about their books in general. Not everyone goes to sites like CBR and Comics Beat.
    I think both taylor on g=GL mini and on Batman/superman was announced not on the nYCC panels

I got nothing from this....