Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

[QUOTE=Rakzo;1541437]As a whole, I don't think this series is as bad as World's End.

I actually think that this series is worse than World's End.

You are contradicting yourself. Either it's not as bad or it is worse. You can't have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    Poor poor porr JSA it'S keep getting worse
    JSA? Where? This book is NOT JSA. no matter how many times people on these threads call it JSA or say it's supposed to be the JSA, or it's "spun out of" JSA. This book is not JSA, the characters are NOT the same and do not have to act the same.
    Geez, I'm glad some people mentioned the constant whining about how the characters act differently than their JSA counterparts are just whine that this isn't JSA. I seriously get tired of hearing it. Don't like the book? Don't buy it. Wanna whine about the JSA? Create a JSA thread. If you're looking for the JSA, this ain't it and it was never intended to be.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    You are contradicting yourself. Either it's not as bad or it is worse. You can't have it both ways.
    Nope, Society is on a different scale of bad, on a complete different level.

It had all the opportunities to succeed and it still failed, majorly, epicly.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    JSA? Where? This book is NOT JSA. no matter how many times people on these threads call it JSA or say it's supposed to be the JSA, or it's "spun out of" JSA. This book is not JSA, the characters are NOT the same and do not have to act the same. If you're looking for the JSA, this ain't it and it was never intended to be.
    Has anyone told Daniel Wilson this?

It’s a transition book on the way to Justice Society. This is about society being formed and obviously there are two societies being formed. One is just Earth 2, it’s about founding new cities and getting people back to regular day-to-day life and making babies and having families and all of that hopeful stuff. But then there’s also the Justice Society that’s coming together as well. All the members are here, so we’ll see both societies get started in this series.
    http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/04...aniel-h-wilson

Yes, I am sad that the JSA isn't around, but I am also upset that World's End and Society took good characterization and concepts from Robinson/Taylor and utterly ruined them. After five issues it is pretty clear that Society is never going to be a book that appeals to me, which still really stings because I USED to love Earth 2.

The Flash TV giving us some glimpses at an interesting Earth 2 and a Jay Garrick that isn't a whiny loser is helping ease that sting, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Has anyone told Daniel Wilson this?

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/04...aniel-h-wilson

Yes, I am sad that the JSA isn't around, but I am also upset that World's End and Society took good characterization and concepts from Robinson/Taylor and utterly ruined them. After five issues it is pretty clear that Society is never going to be a book that appeals to me, which still really stings because I USED to love Earth 2.

The Flash TV giving us some glimpses at an interesting Earth 2 and a Jay Garrick that isn't a whiny loser is helping ease that sting, at least.
    I know some people are enjoying this title but I really hope this title gets cancelled before Wilson can implement a New-52 JSA. This is not the JSA I want running around... besides, it appears that quite a bit of what Wilson and co done in World's Finest was ignored by Geoff John's current Darkseid War story arc so there may be hope!
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

Wow. I hate saying this, but y'know what I wish?

That the haters would buy a book they actually like and stop complaining incessantly about this one.

I've enjoyed it, but can't actually talk about it because EVERY thread becomes a piss-and-moan session about the art, the plot, the characterization, the New 52 blahblahblah. I'm an old-school fan, but that doesn't preclude me from enjoying this. What I don't get is the unrelenting commentary, issue after issue, for almost a year now, of how "horrible" the writer is, the story is, the characterization is, etc.

Something masochistic about someone repeatedly subjecting themselves to an experience that they hate so much.