Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I wouldn't mind seeing more shows like teen titans. Shows that are less about saving the world and more about showing off the characters

more "Marvel U" animated productions need to come out. It can be about various characters besides the most obvious people. Fantastic Four, Defenders, New Mutants, X-Force, (solo) Capt. America, Hercules, etc.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 05-03-2014 at 05:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm curious as to why the OP doesn't want to count the Marvel kid's shows? I know a lot of fans had problems with Ult Spiderman but many people loved Spectacular Spider Man. Earth's Mightiest Heroes was good. I haven't seen Assemble. There's Super Squad, but I don't think seen one episode all the way through.

Is it the stigma that they're "children's" shows that put some fans off?

Super hero squad was pretty much something fans knew what they were getting but Avengers Assemble for all it's potential is just not IT.
    Now Avengers EMH was amazing, one of Marvel's imo, it had so much potential to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Well they just released this earlier this year...

so it hasn't been three years since their last animated movie...three months maybe.

And I think they have the same issue as they do with live action films, The Spidey animation rights, X-Men animation rights etc. are not in house currently iirc, so they can't produce those characters except in episodic television.

-M
    I started a conversation in the previous forum about this-- this film was not necessarily produced for American audiences. It was produced by Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan and opened to an international market afterward. I assume that's because it was convenient to capitalize on the Avengers/Captain America movies, but it was not part of Marvel Entertainment nor the Walt Disney Company.
    Marvel Flipside -- Some old Marvel Axis Fanfiction & FanArt
    Where's DannyWall -- Some writing and Marvel TSR Role-Playing Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Stormultt View Post
    [CENTER][COLOR="#008080"]

With plenty of storylines stacked up at Marvel and being able to use ALL of their characters in animation there shouldn't be a problem.
    CGI films is a can-do for Marvel at this point and with their resources they could damn sure put out great animated movies for DVD that'd sell.
    Honestly, I blame Joe Quasada who should be fired honestly, his creative 'ideas' haven't really boosted Marvel's relevancy in that market.
    OK so Quasada [sic] should be fired for something that isn't even in his job description. I know it's a rough industry out there, but that seems a little harsh.

It's difficult for anyone in this forum to speculate on an industry that's way more complex than we can imagine without direct experience of it. Suffice to say it's very much an oversimplification to say "Marvel needs to make more animated movies."
    Pretty much all your logic falls apart at every premise you offer. Disney does not "give them almost unlimited resources," nor have they "given up," and money is absolutely the "problem," as it were.
    I of course absolutely hold out hope for more animated Marvel movies (well, more "good" animated Marvel movies) but I have no expectation that they will happen any time soon.
    As far as I'm aware, and I could be completely misreading the organization of the company, there is currently no dedicated Marvel animation department anymore. But there is already quite an extensive Disney animated department, with their own priorities and properties.

BANNED

Marvel has an Animated feature Length film on the way. BIG HERO 6. And I am shocked DC hasnt beaten them to the punch with a Teen Titans animated movie.

Still I am looking forward to BH6.

to be fair, the Big Hero 6 film we will get will have virtually no resemblance whatsoever with the original miniseries.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSV3laJplpU