Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I still question what was up with the time Bendis added her to the Avengers for the HAMMER arc and proceeded to do nothing with her in the team after. It's really a shame that they didn't use her for the Inhuman member of the Uncanny Avengers team, especially with them pushing her being Inhuman these days and the Agents of SHIELD show.

Isn't she a mutant? That would explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    Isn't she a mutant? That would explain it.
    Nah apparently she's Inhuman from her mother's side and her father's genetic experimenting jump started her Inhuman powers so she didn't have to go through terragenesis like normal Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I still question what was up with the time Bendis added her to the Avengers for the HAMMER arc and proceeded to do nothing with her in the team after.
    That particular roster of the team didn't get to do anything. They had one arc where they fought HAMMER and then that particular iteration of the team imploded when AVX began. What was weird was that they made a brand new Avengers roster when they had to know the whole thing was gonna get blown apart just a few issues later. That's weird planning.

That reminds me that Storm was also on that roster and was then immediately off the team once AvX hit. I'm pretty sure her joining The Avengers was promoted as a big deal at the time .

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I still question what was up with the time Bendis added her to the Avengers for the HAMMER arc and proceeded to do nothing with her in the team after. It's really a shame that they didn't use her for the Inhuman member of the Uncanny Avengers team, especially with them pushing her being Inhuman these days and the Agents of SHIELD show.
    Indeed, I'm surprised that she isn't in Uncanny Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Same reason why Wasp isn't seeing more use.

Marvel hates female heroes with short hair.
    That explains why Rachel isn't getting use as well!

Marvel wants long flowing hair!

Sure. Because Captain Marvel is getting no push at all. LOL

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Nah apparently she's Inhuman from her mother's side and her father's genetic experimenting jump started her Inhuman powers so she didn't have to go through terragenesis like normal Inhumans.
    ****ing comics sometimes.

Marvel's always a bit slow when it comes to most female heroes.

Remember how long it took them to do something decent with Black Widow? They also only used Mockingbird twice after she showed up on Agents of SHIELD before the one-shot made them realise they can make a decent amount of money off of her. They've still not announced a Jessica Jones comic when her TV show's coming out pretty soon. Don't even get me started on the Gamora delay.

The only ones they've been quick with are Spider-Gwen and Captain Marvel.

Spectacular Member

She was the director of SHIELD for a hot second.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
    Marvel's always a bit slow when it comes to most female heroes.

Remember how long it took them to do something decent with Black Widow? They also only used Mockingbird twice after she showed up on Agents of SHIELD before the one-shot made them realise they can make a decent amount of money off of her. They've still not announced a Jessica Jones comic when her TV show's coming out pretty soon. Don't even get me started on the Gamora delay.

The only ones they've been quick with are Spider-Gwen and Captain Marvel.
    This is very true. You either need to have someone champion your character, or you need to make an unexpected amount of money. Without Hickman at Marvel, or Bendis working in that corner of the Marvel U, Daisy doesn't have someone looking out for her or using her in interesting ways.

I kind of like what Spencer did with her in his Secret Avengers run, but he really didn't ever even try to interrogate what it does to people when you erase huge parts of their memory wholesale! Still, it's weird to see Daisy go from this big, imposing, wild card in SHIELD politics to someone who took a sabbatical to backpack through space to "that girl who chases Batroc sometimes and has issues with her dad."

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dvgravity View Post
    She was the director of SHIELD for a hot second.
    I'm surprised it didn't have an effing coup d'etat when that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm surprised it didn't have an effing coup d'etat when that happened.
    It did, more or less. Maria Hill maneuvered the directorship away from her almost immediately.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Quake,wasn't a high schooler when she said that, she was an adult.
    She wasn't a high schooler, true...but wasn't she still a teenager? Or very early 20s? Daisy is still quite young.

And regardless of age, people do sometimes change their mind about their appearance. I get why people's first reaction is "omg, that's out of character", and it may indeed be the case that the writer and/or artist forgot or didn't realize that Quake had stated an on-panel opinion about her hair. But as fair as character continuity glitches go, this would be a pretty minor one given that people do sometimes change their mind about things like hair style, length, colour, etc.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

The issue there is that she only changed because they wanted her to look like Skye only Skye no longer looks that way.

For tgat I won't buy into this series. It's a poor attempt.

I want Quake, not her devolving to Season 2 Skye who was still learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Sure. Because Captain Marvel is getting no push at all. LOL
    She randomly gets long flowing hair at times.

It's weird.