Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The X-Men don't even get their own panel anymore at these conventions. Just a few years ago they were one of their headline panels.

It'd be neat that they publish book with non-mutant X-Men, like Jubilee, Warlock and... rest, whoever they are.
    But we'll probably get Deadpool Kills Deadpool 2: Deadpoolcalypse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    They already are. It's All New X-Men. Since previous next generation books weren't selling enough they just brought the younger originals to take that spot.
    I thought New X-Men was selling well, and they just ended it for editorial reasons?

Did this really need its own thread? Seems like it's better to just put it in the complex one.

Plus, I thought they have hinted more books already? Personally I don't want more books till we get a better picture of the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Those reach more people than comic fans. People are likely to watch a cartoon or play a game then read a comic
    you would have to be pretty naive to think the only way non-comic book readers know of the x-men are only through those. the x-men are not diminished by virtue of lacking games or toys. and what good are those if they never translate into comic sales?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I thought New X-Men was selling well, and they just ended it for editorial reasons?
    The problem with New X-Men was two fold. Young X-Men really is a continuation of New X-Men; its the same generation of kids and a lot of the same cast as well. Had the title not relaunched post Messiah Complex I think the book might have lasted longer and not been critically bashed as it was. The premise, cast, etc didn't justify relaunching the title. The previous creative team of CK/CY just hit their stride and left on a high note. The cast finally settled in to the popular characters of the large cast. Taking X-23 off the book likely didn't help either as she had the highest profile.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I interpret his comments as we have barely seen what the upcoming x-books will be about; not that there are more x-books.

But we will see.

Doesn't sound like more x-men books to me either. Definitely sounds like he talking about stories.

So, we're getting an X-kids book when?

And please don't say "But we already have the O5."

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ospfwildcard View Post
    you would have to be pretty naive to think the only way non-comic book readers know of the x-men are only through those. the x-men are not diminished by virtue of lacking games or toys. and what good are those if they never translate into comic sales?
    He did not say that was the only way non-comic book readers know the X-men. Cartoons and games are other venues for the X-men to be displayed in this increases brand awareness and provides x-men products to non-comic book X-fans.How can you be sure that those products do not translate into comic sales?

he might also just mean we'll see more X-men in non X-books...

That doesn't mean more X-Books ? It juste means that we will get more stories then what is announced

BANNED

Another Storm ongoing solo please!

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    he might also just mean we'll see more X-men in non X-books...
    Bleeding Cool has a story up with info from NYCC 2015. They answered a few X-men questions. One of the tidbits of information they gave was Gambit will be showing up somewhere but not in a X-men book and it will be in a major role.

Extradinary is the core X-book, Alonso explains we learn early on that the Mutants are Imperilled by Terrigan Mists and results in conflicting goals.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Did this really need its own thread? Seems like it's better to just put it in the complex one.

Plus, I thought they have hinted more books already? Personally I don't want more books till we get a better picture of the status quo.
    Lets merge this with the complex thread (what's the complex thread about?).