Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Did this really need its own thread? Seems like it's better to just put it in the complex one.

Plus, I thought they have hinted more books already? Personally I don't want more books till we get a better picture of the status quo.
    I'm afraid to go into the complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    He did not say that was the only way non-comic book readers know the X-men. Cartoons and games are other venues for the X-men to be displayed in this increases brand awareness and provides x-men products to non-comic book X-fans.How can you be sure that those products do not translate into comic sales?
    the steady decline in sales even with all the x-men movies. prior to 2004/2005 x-men were selling about 100,000 copies a piece monthly. even with the movies which i feel are more of a headliner than toys still did not manage to stem the falloff the last ten years. any other questions?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Yikes. Lowe didn't actually say anything about moar x-books.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I don't want a stupid number of X-Books, I want a small number of GOOD X-Books.

If them keeping the X-Men books to a small number means better writing and better stories then I am all for it. Marvel NOW! showed us that giving everyone a solo and making 4+ team books did dick for giving us good stories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Lets merge this with the complex thread (what's the complex thread about?).
    Why would you merge this thread with a thread you don't know anything about?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Why would you merge this thread with a thread you don't know anything about?
    Which is why I made my own thread but xhx23x suggested this could be discussed in the complex thread. I assume they knew what they were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I don't want a stupid number of X-Books, I want a small number of GOOD X-Books.

If them keeping the X-Men books to a small number means better writing and better stories then I am all for it. Marvel NOW! showed us that giving everyone a solo and making 4+ team books did dick for giving us good stories.
    Agreed quality over quantity. A few years ago we were complaining there were to many x-books.

Maybe there will be a X-Force book with Cyclops, Cable, and possibly Rachel as well as other mutants that disappeared and are thought dead? They could then operate and investigate the terrigen mists and the inhumans in total secrecy. I think something like that would be very cool. Not to mention, the title probably could sell well with Adult Cyclops appearing only in it.
    Last edited by Soul Reaper; 10-11-2015 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Reaper View Post
    Maybe there will be a X-Force book with Cyclops, Cable, and possibly Rachel as well as other mutants that disappeared and are thought dead? They could then operate and investigate the terrigen mists and the inhumans in total secrecy. I think something like that would be very cool. Not to mention, the title probably could sell well with Adult Cyclops appearing only in it.
    Come on MGSV X-men style. Come on MGSV X-men style~.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by ospfwildcard View Post
    you would have to be pretty naive to think the only way non-comic book readers know of the x-men are only through those. the x-men are not diminished by virtue of lacking games or toys. and what good are those if they never translate into comic sales?
    Pretty sure the 90's X-Men cartoon translated into comics sales.

This is the same thing Alanso & Co. have been saying since the issue of the X-Men being downplayed started getting traction. Nothing really new here.

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    Pretty sure the 90's X-Men cartoon translated into comics sales.
    No, sales were collapsing in that era from their high in 91.

Sales in the 90s suffered from the collapse of the speculative comic bubble and the start of video games and internet replacing comics for the young as the new big thing.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-11-2015 at 05:59 PM.

One more book with the Summers family and i'm all good.

BANNED

the steady decline in sales even with all the x-men movies. prior to 2004/2005 x-men were selling about 100,000 copies a piece monthly. even with the movies which i feel are more of a headliner than toys still did not manage to stem the falloff the last ten years. any other questions?
    This happened to all comic books in general :avengers, x men, justice League, you name it

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post

NYCC Panel

-"I just want to start out by saying we are NOT cancelling X-Men, contrary to popular belief." -Axel

This is not the first time the X-Men have had rough luck. You get the best stories when you put them in a tough spot."

-we've only seen the "tip of the iceberg" when it comes to X-Men books -Lowe (someone asked about Quentin Quire )
    I do not agree is true heroes put under extreme situations can create good stories but I would not say the best stories happen when mutants were facing extinction really think it was just the opposite.

Since the mutant decimation feel that the quality of the stories of the X-men's dropped a lot as well as their relevance in marvel universe becoming more and more isolated. Since they have spent more time fighting each other and no new villain who deserves a reminder was created.

What always liked the X-mens is that they were like a family despite the bad times they still had time to enjoy life and try to be happy there was no need to play them in major events one after the other like what happened in the Avengers.

They are not heroes like the Avengers who joined to fight villains and dangers on a global scale.

They have always been outcasts searching for their place in the world and fighting for it.

But what now?

They look more like a bunch of war survivors who are thrown from one side to another.

What is the motivation to be a hero if not the light at the end of the tunnel you give for readers who follow the story.Suffering is only one side and not all of it how long fans and the X-mens are trapped in this plot of decimation?After AvX now Inhumans? Some people think the fans are too boring and angry but I would say they have their reasons.

The funny thing is they admit that are trying to become other heroes more like X-Men while X-mens are ceasing to be what they are.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

2004 is the year before Decimation.Comic sales were higher then compared to now.The entire comic industry has suffered a decline over the last 10 years not just the X-men. Of course a vacuum is going to fill and someone will grab that top sales spot that is in the 1000,000 range.In January New Xmen was # 2 and 3 151 and 152 sold 124,048 and 118,133 copies. Uncannywas at the 9th and 10th spots with 89,923 and 88,515.Ultimate Xmen was #6 99,561 Fantastic four was #1 and Fantastic four was #23 with 50,275 A X-book sold over 100,000 copies.Feb New X-men #1 With 113,848 copies sold. Feb March New X-men # 3 with 117,253 Avengers #22 with 55,533 sales.Uncanny X-men 439 and 440 86,235 and 85,689.April New X-men sit at the 6th and 7th spot with 100,094 and 98,790.May Astonishing X-men 1 Debuts at # 1 209,289 Secret Wars #2 is # 4 in sales with 116,556.New X-men Academy debuts with #1 with 76,380. Avengers#82 and 83 occupy the #22 and 23 spots with 55,684 and 55,254 spots.July Astonishing X-men #4 with 129,369. Avengers#500 #5 in sales 105,622.

Now lets go to 2009 January Dark Avengers#1 checks in at #2 with 118,543 sales. Astonishing X-men # 28 is #8 at sales with 72,589.August 2009 Dark Avengers have the #6 sales spot with 94,092.Uncanny X-men has the #7th spot with 90,221 sales.

2010 January Seige #1 with 108,484 sales.New Avengers#61 has the 5th sales spot at 78,202. Uncanny X-men 520 has the #10 spot at 65,758.
    May 2010 Avengers 1 is #1 with 163,867. Siege 4 is #2 with 113,752. Uncanny X-men#524 #10 with 77,056.
    September the Avengers sold 82,894 comics. X-men 66,549.
    March 2015 AllNew X-men39 are #19 in sales with 58,490. Avengers #42 are at#24 with 50,811 copies sold.
    The entire industry has taken a hit.