Super Moderator

Default NYCC: DC Super Hero Girls Make Their Convention Debut

Several of the creative forces behind "DC Super Hero Girls" took the NYCC stage to talk the "fierce, strong and powerful" new takes on DC heroes.

Full article here.

I'm getting much better vibes from this, than Teen Titans Go. And Hal Jordan is there too? lol Awesome.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

the character design looks straight from the b-team on My Little Pony EquestriaGirls.

In other words, CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP

"We have the most diverse, dynamic and powerful superheroes on the planet," Moffly said. "We really wanted a diverse roster. Once we've kind of serviced each and let each one shine, we'll start to add more characters. There were a lot designed, so hopefully we'll get a chance to get to all of them in the future."
    I'd be nice if they had some more asian ladies in the line-up. I seriously doubt that ethnic Chinese and Korean parents will be rushing out to buy their kid a toy emblazoned with a Japanese flag.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    I'd be nice if they had some more asian ladies in the line-up. I seriously doubt that ethnic Chinese and Korean parents will be rushing out to buy their kid a toy emblazoned with a Japanese flag.
    This just seems incredibly nitpicky. They started with one Asian character but that's not enough there needs to be at least three?

Quote Originally Posted by Garbledarber View Post
    This just seems incredibly nitpicky. They started with one Asian character but that's not enough there needs to be at least three?
    Eh, it's less about the number asian characters than the fact that the lone Asian character is adorned in jingoistic regalia.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    Eh, it's less about the number asian characters than the fact that the lone Asian character is adorned in jingoistic regalia.
    If Captain America can appeal to an international audience I think non-Japanese Asian people can be cool with Katana.