Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Default Green Lantern: Edge of Oblivion coming in 2016!?

A recent interview with Tom Taylor on comicvine revealed the sequel mini to GL: Lost Army!
    http://www.comicvine.com/videos/nycc...ern/2300-3026/

Discuss.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Astonishing Member

Oh, I like Tom Taylor.

Nice to see him on some Lantern stuff, he's normally a writer I enjoy on titles I don't care about.

BANNED

this is not what I was expecting, tom taylor is a good writer so it is on good hands.

so they will be doing minis with GL corps, that is different

Mighty Member

Oh, so that's what EVS is drawing. Neat.

Seems kind of odd that they claimed Lost Army was a mini, ended it abruptly, and are continuing the plot as a sequel mini with a different writer, though. I wonder if there were some sudden changes in plans.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Oh, so that's what EVS is drawing. Neat.

Seems kind of odd that they claimed Lost Army was a mini, ended it abruptly, and are continuing the plot as a sequel mini with a different writer, though. I wonder if there were some sudden changes in plans.
    Bunn is super busy so that's probably why.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

Edge of Oblivion? What is this the 90s!

Hopefully, John Stewart won't fall off into oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Hopefully, John Stewart won't fall off into oblivion.
    I can't imagine that happening. John's probably the safest of them all. I can see them killing Guy (again) only to bring him back, but John? I highly doubt it. But what about John being a Star Sapphire??? There was one followup with it then nothing. WTF?

Amazing Member

Ethan Van Sciver back on a Lantern book for 6 issues? Awesome news! Never read any Tom Taylor stuff but he seems to be well regarded by fans.

The details so far suggest that this is a direct follow up to Lost Army. Why wouldn't DC just continue that series with the new creative team?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I can't imagine that happening. John's probably the safest of them all. I can see them killing Guy (again) only to bring him back, but John? I highly doubt it. But what about John being a Star Sapphire??? There was one followup with it then nothing. WTF?
    Considering the outrage, completely justified, about those rumors about DC killing him off before, I don't think they could ever get away with killing off John.

I've heard good stuff about Tom Taylor, and Van Sciver on art is awesome, so I'll probably check this out. Though I wonder why they keep going for minis for the Corps. instead of just relaunching a GLC book .

Maybe it's a mini just so Van Sciver can do the art?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by space Gandalf View Post
    Ethan Van Sciver back on a Lantern book for 6 issues? Awesome news! Never read any Tom Taylor stuff but he seems to be well regarded by fans.

The details so far suggest that this is a direct follow up to Lost Army. Why wouldn't DC just continue that series with the new creative team?
    Probably hoping that people will join a new #1 drawn by EVS that wouldn't pick up an existing series.

I still sad for the cancelation of Lost Army and the lost of Jesus Saiz to Marvel... but Tom Taylor and EVS? My mood is better now

DC may not want to launch a new Green Lantern Corps ongoing (if they ever do) in the middle of Lost Army's status quo. But continued mini's or maxi's about specific arcs and stories instead of another ongoing is fine by me. The industry these days doesn't often support big issue numbers for many books that well, and as long as we keep getting stories with these characters, I'm good.

This is great news. I'm happy DC isn't quickly and clumsily wrapping up Lost Army's story and returning the Green Lanterns to their native universe. I can't imagine that going well at all, creatively. So, it sounds like we're pretty much getting the continuation of Lost Army but without Bunn and Saiz. I really enjoyed what those two were doing, though I know some people really had problems with Bunn's writing. While I really like Ethan Van Sciver's art, I think I like Jesus Saiz better, but Van Sciver's a great artist to have.

All in all, great news and I'm looking forward to this.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    A recent interview with Tom Taylor on comicvine revealed the sequel mini to GL: Lost Army!
    http://www.comicvine.com/videos/nycc...ern/2300-3026/

Discuss.
    Sounds good to me. I like the writer and the artist. Hopefully after this Green Lantern corps gets a proper relaunch though.

This is definitely good news! I was not a fan of Bunn's writing in the series at all, so having Tom Taylor take the writing duties sounds great to me. And EVS? Count me in! I'm so excited. This is an interesting way of doing things, by launching mini series to continue this tale of the lost Green Lanterns.