Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spectacular Member

I think part of what DC is trying to do now is have their writers write books for the Trade Paper Back market. So instead of having to track down 6 different volumes to get a complete run of a Green Lantern story you can pick up the Lost Army trade and get a basically complete story and then pick up Edge of Oblivion. I think only the core books are safe from this model and everything else is going to be produced like this going forward. DC probably sees the money Walking Dead makes on trades and figures if they produce quality books that sell poorly in monthlies word of mouth and reviews will come into play in the trade market.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Only just found out about this so suited. This is really good news. I'm really looking forward to this.

As much as anything I'm just glad to get past that period of uncertainty. Not knowing DC's plans regarding these characters and current status has been frustrating.

Nice one .

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lorddominicus85 View Post
    I think part of what DC is trying to do now is have their writers write books for the Trade Paper Back market. So instead of having to track down 6 different volumes to get a complete run of a Green Lantern story you can pick up the Lost Army trade and get a basically complete story and then pick up Edge of Oblivion. I think only the core books are safe from this model and everything else is going to be produced like this going forward. DC probably sees the money Walking Dead makes on trades and figures if they produce quality books that sell poorly in monthlies word of mouth and reviews will come into play in the trade market.
    DC looked at the money they themselves make on trades and decided to go with this model. Trades with a definitive beginning, middle and end for the story sell better than serialized stories, and especially stories that are constantly altered by events going on in the greater DCU.

So now we finally have all the Earth Lanterns accounted for.

Hal's in space as a renegade GL, John, Guy, and Simon are together with the rest of the Corps. somewhere, and Kyle's stuck with the Omega Men.