Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    I hope he survives, it would suck coming from a year of non-use just to die.

Hopefully just an error/artist liberty and not a spoiler. I don't see Xril Vrek on there either and she was kind of a main character in Lost Army.

Is Frog Lantern an existing GL? What's his name?
    Maybe or DC is reducing the presence of the other lantern corps and want to dissociation the Human lanterns with those corps. I thought it was weird how Kyle was introduced as a green lantern in omega men when we last saw him as a white lantern. How did he get a green power ring? Same with Guy, but I don't remember if Guy kept is green power ring after becoming the lead of the red lantern book. Then there's Lobo killing off lanterns from the other crops. Could be an error but Idk.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jinwaller View Post
    Maybe or DC is reducing the presence of the other lantern corps and want to dissociation the Human lanterns with those corps. I thought it was weird how Kyle was introduced as a green lantern in omega men when we last saw him as a white lantern. How did he get a green power ring? Same with Guy, but I don't remember if Guy kept is green power ring after becoming the lead of the red lantern book. Then there's Lobo killing off lanterns from the other crops. Could be an error but Idk.
    Guy didn't have his Green ring when he was with the Reds because he was initially there undercover. In Lost Army he had both. Kyle IS a white lantern in Omega Men, they've portrayed him as a Green instead for a couple reasons (simplicity's sake for readers who don't know about the WL thing, and Kyle thinks of himself as a GL namely).

It does feel like DC's been trying to cull some of the non-Green and Yellow corps though, all any of them have done lately is die.

I'm actually good with this news. Good creative team? Check. Continuing from where we leave off? Check. Characters not fading into limbo? Double Check!

"A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    It does feel like DC's been trying to cull some of the non-Green and Yellow corps though, all any of them have done lately is die.
    Hopefully this means more focus on other adversaries like the Shadow Market, Lady Styx, the Reach and the Citadel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinwaller View Post
    Hopefully this means more focus on other adversaries like the Shadow Market, Lady Styx, the Reach and the Citadel.
    Agreed. I was happy to see the Shadow Market mentioned in a recent Green Lantern issue. I think it was the Annual. The Empire of Tears is pretty interesting, and I'd like to see that thread Van Jensen left get tied up. There's also Krona, too, of course. Huh! Interesting. He's not in the promo image, which could imply that he is no longer in John's party by the end of Lost Army. Hopefully Lost Army's conclusion will answer exactly what Krona is doing in that universe.

Other enemies I'd like to see more of are the Qwardians and Manhunters. The Qwardians are a really good idea potentially, but they could use quite an overhaul, in my opinion (throwing golden lightning bolts is pretty stupid by today's standards to me), and further exploration into their culture/motives/key characters, and so on.

Since this is a new creative team, I'm assuming there's not going to be any more mysteries as was shown from the Lost Army mini. Edge of Oblivion sounds really interesting. Jesus Saiz is a good artist and feel that he's a bit underrated. EVS is a high profile artist, which having him in the mini series is going to be very exciting! I'm going to miss Cullen Bunn and Jesus Saiz though.

Although it was said that Lost Army was intended to be 12-14 issues long. I think the series interrupted because of all of the titles he's been doing and/or editorial didn't like where the series was going. Cullen Bunn did say that out of all of the books he's been writing for, he said Lost Army is the most complicated.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 10-11-2015 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Since this is a new creative team, I'm assuming there's not going to be any more mysteries as was shown from the Lost Army mini. Edge of Oblivion sounds really interesting. Jesus Saiz is a good artist and feel that he's a bit underrated. EVS is a high profile artist, which having him in the mini series is going to be very exciting! I'm going to miss Cullen Bunn and Jesus Saiz though.
    There probably won't be anymore war flashbacks, either. Some readers really had a problem with those. I like Bunn and Saiz, too, but I'm open minded to the new team. More than anything, I'm happy we're getting more books with these characters and that DC isn't cutting this storyline short. Plus, we're getting good talent on the books.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Simon, Guy and John? Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    There probably won't be anymore war flashbacks, either. Some readers really had a problem with those. I like Bunn and Saiz, too, but I'm open minded to the new team. More than anything, I'm happy we're getting more books with these characters and that DC isn't cutting this storyline short. Plus, we're getting good talent on the books.
    Yea, I don't think the continued 2nd part of the series is going to be the same. That's definitely not a bad thing at all. It's interesting that there's going to be a new direction and hopefully the final issue will be surprising for all of us. I'm assuming the ending may have an impact when the GLC series comes back as a regular.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Simon, Guy and John? Wow!
    Come to think of it, there's more "minorities" than "non-minorities" in this mini lol.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 10-11-2015 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Maybe this time will get some architect related flashbacks or flashbacks relating to his home/family life

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

Is Oblivion going to be the villain?

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Maybe this time will get some architect related flashbacks or flashbacks relating to his home/family life

Yes please. Even in JL/JLU they didn't dwell on his military background all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    Is Oblivion going to be the villain?
    I'm betting on Lord Malvolio... (But no, that'd be crazy right?)

Always Rakzo

I saw this a few days ago.

It might be due that I enjoyed his Superior Iron Man or due that Daniel H. Wilson has put in perspective how terrible things can actually be in Earth 2 but I don't hate Taylor's work as much as I used to so I'm ultimately okay with this.

Plus, he will most likely do a more exciting job than Bunn who was just doing mediocre stuff.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm looking forward to this and the creative team doesn't sound half bad either so that helps.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG