Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Question Which marvel characters (individual or group) will be used for the 3 movies planned in 2020

Here is the updated timeline;
    marvel1update october 8 2015.jpg
    I know that Marvel Studios has 3 ways of working ;

2020 2 movies with established character(s) + 1 to be introduced
    2020 1 movie with established character(s) + 2 to be introduced
    2020 3 movies with established character(s)

http://www.slashfilm.com/marvel-movie-plans/
    I find Guardians of the Galaxy 3 a very likely possibility.
    Not so sure about Spider-Man 2 and Dr. Strange 2.

Thoughts?

Guardians 3, Strange 2, Spider-Man 2

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    Guardians 3, Strange 2, Spider-Man 2
    Spider-Man would be announced by Sony. And given what they just did with Ant-Man I suspect we won't get any confirmed sequels for Doctor Strange until it actually does well at the box office.

My guess is one of the new movies will be Runaways and the other will be Guardians 3. Not sure about the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Spider-Man would be announced by Sony. And given what they just did with Ant-Man I suspect we won't get any confirmed sequels for Doctor Strange until it actually does well at the box office.

My guess is one of the new movies will be Runaways and the other will be Guardians 3. Not sure about the other.
    I'd like Runaways. That'd be fun. But I think all 3 of these slots are tentative. They've made it pretty clear that they have different plans based on how different things pan out. So I think assuming Doctor Strange does well, he'll be seen again in 2020. And there's no reason why Sony can't be the ones to confirm that one of these movies is Spider-Man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Yes, I find that very plausible regarding Dr. Strange.

Runaways would be a very, very nice surprise!

GotG 3 is pretty much definite, I would say. I think Dr. Strange 2 actually is likely - I'm sure they expect that movie to do well, with Benedict Cumberbatch in the lead, and considering even an offbeat film like Ant-Man made enough to justify a sequel. (Unless Dr. Strange ends up being Marvel's first failure. Just like Ant-Man was supposed to be, and how GotG was supposed to be, and how basically any new property is supposed to be.)

For new franchise, it's tough to tell. Everyone keeps saying Runaways, but I'm sceptical. It's a diverse line-up, and the original line-up had more women than men, and one of the women was a lesbian. I honestly don't give Marvel Studios enough credit to do a movie with a cast like that. They haven't done anywhere near enough to show that they'd be willing to do that.

They've decided to get risky and try a Planet Hulk film? Or even... *GASP* no, a Black Widow solo film!?!

Yeah, probably not. Probably just making time for some sequels that they'll undoubtedly want to make as long as none of the new properties bomb. Guardians 3 and Spider-Man 2 are pretty much guarantees, but stuff like Captain Marvel 2 or Doctor Strange 2 might need to wait until audiences get a hold of the first round.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    GotG 3 is pretty much definite, I would say. I think Dr. Strange 2 actually is likely - I'm sure they expect that movie to do well, with Benedict Cumberbatch in the lead, and considering even an offbeat film like Ant-Man made enough to justify a sequel. (Unless Dr. Strange ends up being Marvel's first failure. Just like Ant-Man was supposed to be, and how GotG was supposed to be, and how basically any new property is supposed to be.)

For new franchise, it's tough to tell. Everyone keeps saying Runaways, but I'm sceptical. It's a diverse line-up, and the original line-up had more women than men, and one of the women was a lesbian. I honestly don't give Marvel Studios enough credit to do a movie with a cast like that. They haven't done anywhere near enough to show that they'd be willing to do that.
    Hey, you're right! Ant-Man and Guardians WERE supposed to be failures. Why indeed should that begin to happen with the way cool Doctor Strange, the Sorcerer Supreme?

The updated timeline shows me that July 12 2019 will be the debut of the Inhumans.
    Expecting it to be a runaway succes, I surmise that to keep the momentum going May 1, 2020 is to feature the unexpectedly popular Inhuman of all time;
    KAMALA KHAN!!!