Eternals

Ant-Man 3
    Captain Marvel 2
    Vision and Scarlet Witch

Nova
    Avengers 5
    Black Widow 2

End of Phase Four

Fantastic Four and X-Men won't arrive until Phase 5 begins in 2024.
    So the question now is.. Which marvel characters (individual or group) will be used for the 2 movies planned in 2020?

BANNED

Exclamation Marvel Studios 2020 Film Slate REVEALED

Black Widow!! Yay!
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/01/...-release-date/

Man, I hope this will be confirmed to be so because it will coincide with the 50th anniversary of 616 Black Widow's visually updated look in 1970;

Amazing Spider-Man #86 July 1970

and the 50th anniversary of 616 Black Widow's first ongoing series!;

Amazing Adventures #1 Aug 1970

BANNED

Marvel TV Will Be More Important Than Marvel Movies In 2020? https://screenrant.com/marvel-2020-t...ortant-movies/

BANNED

Ngl, I've little interest in MCU installments of Eternals or Black Widow. I think there are more interesting stories to tell. Sequels for Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Spider-Man and Captain Marvel are pretty much assured, which I'm pretty happy about. Ant-Man & GotG will likely stick to the trilogy formula Marvel have stuck with so far too.

If it were up to me, I'd be looking at Moon Knight, She-Hulk, Nova, Spider-Woman, Thunderbolts, Young Avengers and Champions as future projects.

BANNED

Default Which Marvel Movie Will Get That May 2020 Release Date?

BANNED

Default Why Marvel Hasn't Announced Its May 2020 Title Yet

BANNED

Marvel Gives OFFICIAL Post Avengers Endgame MCU UPDATE

With the phenomenal triumph of Black Panther, and the inevitable success of Captain Marvel -- I'm hot and ready for the MCU to give audiences the ULTIMATES.

I can see the events of Infinity War & End Game necessitating swift action to activate and execute a S.W.O.R.D. / Alpha Flight program, and making Carol the FACE of that program to inspire faith in the masses.

And with Monica Rambeau being established next week, and presumably further explored in subsequent sequels, we'll have THREE members within the MCU to examine.

T'Challa and Wakanda are certainly uniquely qualified to craft and construct and design and fund and just be overall amazing with a program like S.W.O.R.D. and do it well.

Naturally, I'd really love to see the Young Avengers down the line, perhaps inspired by and honoring the prior Avengers (Cap, Thor, Iron Man, etc) who've gone into retirement or.....where ever they wind up.

BANNED

I find ULTIMATES for either May 1 or November 6 2020, to be highly unlikely.

BANNED

Marvel’s New Film Coming May 1st 2020: What Is It https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GtmOrDcE5U

It'll be Black Widow and Eternals.

My guesses for 2021: Doctor Strange 2, Black Panther 2, and a new franchise (Shang-Chi, Ms. Marvel, etc.)

Similar pattern for 2022: Spider-Man 3, a new franchise (New Avengers?), perhaps Ant-Man 3 or MAYBE Guardians 3 (2021 at the earliest) or Captain Marvel 2 if they start work on that last one one, like, right now.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Well, for a movie to get through the entire production process in a year's time it'd have to be fairly low on effects. All that cgi takes time, right? So if we're getting a MCU movie that early in 2020 it's gotta be something close to street level, with characters and settings that don't require a mountain of time to create in post.

That makes Black Widow the most likely (I think). We already have a script (confirmed or rumor?), director (confirmed?), and lead actress. A globe trotting spy thriller is still going to require a chunk of time to film, since (presumably) you'd need to shoot at a bunch of different locations and she's high-tech enough to require more time for post-production polish, but it seems possible to pull off in time for a early 2020 release, if they get started right after Endgame hits. And Johanson is definitely prepped for the role considering the time she's recently put in with Endgame, so there shouldn't be any "eight months of training before filming starts" to get through.

Shang-Chi likewise wouldn't require a lot of time to make and rumor says Marvel is looking at the IP. A martial arts movie about a crime lord and his justice-seeking son isn't going to require much in the way of special effects, so post-production wouldn't take much time. The amount of training such a movie would require might be a hurdle, but there *are* actors and actresses who work primarily in martial arts films, which would shave a lot of time off pre-production.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

To me, it will be nice if The New Mutants come April 3, is revealed to be set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe movie post Phase 3!
    https://nerdist.com/article/new-mutants-x-men-mcu/

"What if the delay is not a sign of poor quality, but instead of Disney re-tooling the film to introduce the concept of mutants into the MCU?"

"April is where Marvel releases enormous movies, like Infinity War and Endgame.

And ever since 2017, Marvel Studios has been on three movies a year schedule.
    Next year, there are only two unnamed MCU movies (which are probably Black Widow and Eternals). But what if New Mutants is secretly the third?"

"So why not introduce these kids as the first of a new young breed of mutants emerging in the world?
    Even the title itself could indicate that these aren’t just mutants new to the X-Men franchise, but now new to the entire MCU. Suddenly, that title has a whole new meaning."

"If the movie is good, then maybe Disney should really consider making New Mutants the beginning of Marvel Studios’ own X-Men era, instead of just a footnote at the end of the old one."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    http://www.cbr.com/marvel-cinematic-...outh-movement/

"Power Pack"and "Young Avengers" possibly two of the three MCU movies planned in 2020?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath on Young Avengers, that would mean a Marvel movie openly acknowledging that homosexuality is a thing that actually exists.
    Avengers: Endgame is a Marvel movie openly acknowledging homosexuality exists.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I also think it's a few years too soon. They're not going to unnaturally age up Cassie.
    They did age up Cassie not unnaturally though.
    Plus, Hulkling is a problem. Captain Mar-Vell seems to not exist and he's also half Skrull.
    MCU Captain Mar-Vell of the Kree is to be the mother of MCU Hulkling with MCU Prince Dezan of the Skrulls to be the father?