Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Also don't forget a TV series would also be very viable. For example, Ms. Marvel as a young adult TV series would work pretty well IMO. Modern, topical, and doesn't have to build a big major plot around like if it was a movie. Ditto for stuff like Young Avengers, because then you can do the time-skip without interfering with the main movies' timeline, although it still would be confusing either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    Also don't forget a TV series would also be very viable. For example, Ms. Marvel as a young adult TV series would work pretty well IMO. Modern, topical, and doesn't have to build a big major plot around like if it was a movie. Ditto for stuff like Young Avengers, because then you can do the time-skip without interfering with the main movies' timeline, although it still would be confusing either way.
    A TV show for Ms. Marvel does feel a little more likely than a movie, but I wouldn't really bet on that, either. Not any time soon, anyway. ABC has other Marvel shows, so I don't think they'd commit to yet another one. It could go on the Disney Channel or something, but they might feel a superhero show wouldn't fit on the network. Young Avengers is unlikely, either way, at least until the mid-'20s.

A Kamala TV show that would capitalize on the hypothetical success of the Inhuman's sounds like a good possibility. but Kamala's popularity would have to climb at a decent pace to justify a TV show beyond maybe a Agents of Shield episode focused on her.

They could go for a 12-13 episode half-season, a miniseries on Netflix, just to test the waters. Alternatively, they could go for an anthology format where each episode would focus on a different young superhero from the comics being brought into the MCU universe, so for example, an episode on Kamala, then another on Robbie Reyes, and so on. That way, Marvel can tap into the YA demographic which they so far have not really catered to, and also help the exposure of the newest heroes from the comics.

I think is 2 sequels and 1 new character/team.

A Ms. Marvel TV show presents all the same problems posed by a movie ratcheted up by a factor of ten. Part of the reason a movie seems way too soon rn is because she doesn't have a lot of published material to draw from. Doing a show that runs (hypothetically) for multiple seasons is going to have an even harder time trying to work with that than a 2 hour movie would.

They could go for a 12-13 episode half-season, a miniseries on Netflix, just to test the waters.
    I don't think that will happen. So far they seem to want the Netflix shows to be their more prestige, "mature" entries. Kamala doesn't really fit. Plus her powers might be a problem for the budget. All the other Netflix heroes are people with abilities that are pretty easy and cheap to fake on a TV budget.

That way, Marvel can tap into the YA demographic which they so far have not really catered to
    Well, the movies already have very huge numbers of children and teens going to see them. Marvel hasn't yet used any teen heroes, but it's not like their movies are made for adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Well, the movies already have very huge numbers of children and teens going to see them. Marvel hasn't yet used any teen heroes, but it's not like their movies are made for adults.
    They're not, but there's still something to be said about YA targeted programming. The power of adolescence on merchandising is very, very strong. Though the demographic I really think Marvel's neglecting is the young tween crowd. Which for that, I recommend a Power Pack movie. Because dammit, space ponies and space lizards! That's just merchandising gold right there, and heck get Whoopie Goldberg to cameo since they had this one giant space lady who was based on Whoopie talk to the Power Packonce.

And it's probably the closest to 'super-powered family' that Marvel can get without using the Fantastic Four.

Spectacular Member

I'm betting on a second cosmic movie. GotG 3 and Dr. Strange 2 seem likely, but adding a spinoff of GotG with either Nova, Adam Warlock, or maybe someone like Quasar is something I see as a possibility. It's so had to guess when who knows who will be introduced over the next 4 years. Could be a Hulk movie. Maybe Daredevil gets a movie after the success of the show. Or the Defenders. Maybe a War Machine or Falcon or Hawkeye movie. Sif and the Warriors Three replacing Thor in the sequence? Maybe it will be a Fantastic Four movie since Fox can't figure it out. So many possibilities...

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Didn't all the press releases say the new movies would be Phase 3? I think Ms. Marvel (Khan) and Nova (Alexander) will be Phase 4. So far, only Iron Man and Avengers has had/been scheduled two films within a single "phase." In the case of Iron Man, it was the beginnings of the MCU, and in the case of Avengers, it's a two-part story. So I doubt any of the movies already appearing in Phase 3 will have a sequel within the same Phase such as Guardians of the Galaxy, Doctor Strange, etc. Spider-Man is a possible exception since it's a huge property, like Avengers and Iron Man, and since it's Sony's baby, and I doubt they will want more than a 3-year interval between installments. I think there's a good chance for Miles Morales in Phase 4. Maybe they'll introduce Richard Rider as Nova first in Phase 3? Ok, just for giggles, my guess is:

1) Nova
    2) Spider-Man sequel/spinoff
    3) Avengers spinoff solo/duo (such as Black Widow and/or Hawkeye or Vision and/or Scarlet Witch)

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    Didn't all the press releases say the new movies would be Phase 3?
    No, it just said three untitled films will be released in 2020.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Is it just me or is Phase 3 really bloated? Phases 1 and 2 had six movies each. Phase 3 is set up to have 11 movies and possibly these three unannounced films (maybe). Even at 11 films, the length of this phase is almost double what came before.

They're not, but there's still something to be said about YA targeted programming. The power of adolescence on merchandising is very, very strong. Though the demographic I really think Marvel's neglecting is the young tween crowd. Which for that, I recommend a Power Pack movie. Because dammit, space ponies and space lizards! That's just merchandising gold right there, and heck get Whoopie Goldberg to cameo since they had this one giant space lady who was based on Whoopie talk to the Power Packonce.

And it's probably the closest to 'super-powered family' that Marvel can get without using the Fantastic Four.
    I am kinda surprised that Marvel hasn't done anything with the Power Pack in so long. Their appearance in RYV seems like the first time they've been together, and as the Power Pack, in like forever.

Seems like with Marvel doing stuff like Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur that this would be a good time for a new Power Pack book, or even using the property for a kids cartoon/TV show as well.

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    No, it just said three untitled films will be released in 2020.
    http://marvel.com/news/movies/25244/...phase_3_update

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel
    Now that Phase 2 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe has officially reached its conclusion with the release of Marvel’s “Ant-Man,” we have new details on what to expect in Phase 3! ... Finally, three untitled Marvel Studios films will premiere on May 1, 2020, July 10, 2020, and November 6, 2020. ... Stay tuned to Marvel.com for more exciting announcements on Phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the future.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I am kinda surprised that Marvel hasn't done anything with the Power Pack in so long. Their appearance in RYV seems like the first time they've been together, and as the Power Pack, in like forever.

Seems like with Marvel doing stuff like Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur that this would be a good time for a new Power Pack book, or even using the property for a kids cartoon/TV show as well.
    Marvel did announce that they were thinking about using the Power Pack for something in terms of film/animation/TV but that's all we know (along with Ka-Zar, Luke Cage, Dazzler and Doctor Strange). Considering Strange and Cage have both been uplifted to film/TV, I would nopt be surprised if Power Pack were being developed for something. Also, it makes sense for Marvel to not do anything with the Power Pack in the main 616 continuity until they decide what they want to do with them in film/tv (corporate synergy and all (which really worked for the Guardians)).

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    Interesting.

What disinclined Marvel from making sequels inside of the same phase is that there were only 6 films in phases 1 and 2. Do you want to spam a hero or build up more heroes? With 14 films in Phase three, Marvel has more wiggle room and could easily have multiple sequels in the phase.
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 10-12-2015 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's because the kids aged out of their original demo a little. Julie was (I think??) around college age in Avengers Academy, since she was old enough to be a student teacher. And Alex is even older, I think.