Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Fantastic 4, New Avengers, Dr. Strange 2

BANNED

Sequels. Nothing but sequels. Doctor Strange would be a bit overdue for one. Then there's Spider-Man 2, and GOTG 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    Sequels. Nothing but sequels.
    That doesn't fit Marvel's established MO. They usually like to have one new franchise to offset the sequels that year.

Does marvel plan any other TV adaptation ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That doesn't fit Marvel's established MO. They usually like to have one new franchise to offset the sequels that year.
    Based off what exactly? I hear people saying this like it's some official rule that Marvel must adhere to. 2013 was a year of sequels. The remaining two years of phase 2 only had one non-Avengers sequel to make, so introducing one movie for each year was possible. Phase 3 is bigger than other phases, and as such, Marvel doesn't have enough space to fit in a new hero by 2020. Also, Marvel isn't going to wait 4 years to do a sequel off of a successful franchise. It' just not going to happen. Unless Sony isn't going to play ball again for a Spider-Man sequel, then 2020 is going to be a year of sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    Based off what exactly?
    Off the fact that they haven't had a year without an original franchise since 2013 and looking at their confirmed slate of movies they're holding true to that. 2016 has Civil War and Doctor Strange, 2017 has the Spider-Man reboot in addition to Thor 3 and GOTG 2, 2018 has Black Panther in addition to Ant-Man and the Wasp and Infinity War, while 2019 has Captain Marvel in addition to the Infinity War part 2.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

A Dazzler Movie really needs to come out. Rated NC-17. Directed by Tarantino. Full of glitz and blood. glamour and grit. with a soundtrack that heralds the return of The Soundtrack. By the RZA.

I could also be in for a Daughters of the Dragon movie by the aforementioned creative team.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    A Dazzler Movie really needs to come out. Rated NC-17. Directed by Tarantino. Full of glitz and blood. glamour and grit. with a soundtrack that heralds the return of The Soundtrack. By the RZA.

I could also be in for a Daughters of the Dragon movie by the aforementioned creative team.
    Dazzler is part of the X-men I believe, so it's not coming from Marvel studios

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Off the fact that they haven't had a year without an original franchise since 2013 and looking at their confirmed slate of movies they're holding true to that. 2016 has Civil War and Doctor Strange, 2017 has the Spider-Man reboot in addition to Thor 3 and GOTG 2, 2018 has Black Panther in addition to Ant-Man and the Wasp and Infinity War, while 2019 has Captain Marvel in addition to the Infinity War part 2.
    Yeah, but phase 3 is different from all other phases because Marvel is introducing the next generation of heroes to replace the original six. With that many heroes being introduced, Marvel doesn't need a new franchise immediately. The only way around this is if Marvel delays The Inhumans movie to 2020 in favor of a 2019 release date for Doctor Strange. My point being, is that Marvel will always, always choose a proven product over an unproven one. It makes better business sense. Marvel is currently introducing a new franchise every year, because they have enough room in their slate to do so.
    Last edited by Mike82; 10-26-2015 at 03:51 PM.

I hope one of them is Richie Nova!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post
    Does marvel plan any other TV adaptation ?
    Besides Daredevil and Jessica Jones which comes out next month they are also planning something with Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and then combining them all into a Defenders mini series. There has been alot of rumors of the Punisher getting a show after he is introduced in this next season of Daredevil and there have been some other talk of Moon Knight getting a Netflix show latter on too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Besides Daredevil and Jessica Jones which comes out next month they are also planning something with Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and then combining them all into a Defenders mini series. There has been alot of rumors of the Punisher getting a show after he is introduced in this next season of Daredevil and there have been some other talk of Moon Knight getting a Netflix show latter on too.
    Also, it seems like ABC does want another Marvel show, but just hasn't been ready to commit yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Also, it seems like ABC does want another Marvel show, but just hasn't been ready to commit yet.
    I really want a family-friendly TV show based around Power Pack, especially since Marvel's got so many issues with Fantastic Four, they're a close second with 'superpowered family' theme.

Plus hits a demo outside of the current mature adult range. Not sure how viable that makes it, but having at least one kid friendly show out there seems like a good way for Marvel to expand their franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    I really want a family-friendly TV show based around Power Pack, especially since Marvel's got so many issues with Fantastic Four, they're a close second with 'superpowered family' theme.

Plus hits a demo outside of the current mature adult range. Not sure how viable that makes it, but having at least one kid friendly show out there seems like a good way for Marvel to expand their franchises.
    My questions targeted something similar for me all the TV-shows of DC and Marvel seems to be too dark. Either the character keeps losing all the side-characters around him(+ lets kill some villain) or in animies there is just too much violence and they splatter the guts of their enemies around the whole screen.

The FF as a TV-show would be dreamy but this could be difficult like you said. In general I like SF stuff but Stargate and Star Trek stopped with the production of TV-shows (dark stuff and SF don't mix well as TV-show) , so I need keep looking out for something.

On the broacast side they have Agents of Shield, Agent Carter, Mockingbird spin-off titled "Marvels most wanted" and a Damage Control.