Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Pan movie FLOPS $15.5 million opening and Pan is why Batman vs Superman was delayed to 2016!

Batman vs Superman was originally scheduled for Summer 2015 but Warner pushed it back a year to 2016 to put Pan in BvS slot. Then Pan got delayed and FLOPPED this opening weekend to $15.6 million and cost $150 million to make! BvS will make $150+ million opening weekend, but Warner thought kids and families would rather see Peter Pan yet again over Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, etc! I'm 45 and have followed those characters since 1973 Super Friends cartoon. Now I have wait 5 more months to see BvS and could have owned DVD by now if Warner released the movie last Summer.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

They were doing Marvel a favor. They didn't want BvS to embarrass Extended Weekend of Ultron at the BO.

Zing

Apparently the movie is pretty terrible. What's really scary is that the writer for this movie, Jason Fuchs, is also writing the Wonder Woman script. :/

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I could have told you it was going to flop just by looking at the trailer. I didn't think it would be a 15 million dollar-level flop but a flop none the less.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcdrew View Post
    Batman vs Superman was originally scheduled for Summer 2015 but Warner pushed it back a year to 2016 to put Pan in BvS slot. Then Pan got delayed and FLOPPED this opening weekend to $15.6 million and cost $150 million to make! BvS will make $150+ million opening weekend, but Warner thought kids and families would rather see Peter Pan yet again over Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, etc! I'm 45 and have followed those characters since 1973 Super Friends cartoon. Now I have wait 5 more months to see BvS and could have owned DVD by now if Warner released the movie last Summer.
    It's better that it was delayed. It gave them time to work on the script, do some reshoots, extend the movie and push Aflek over onto the Suicide Squad set do some scenes.

Your patience will be rewarded.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Apparently the movie is pretty terrible. What's really scary is that the writer for this movie, Jason Fuchs, is also writing the Wonder Woman script. :/
    Few reviews I read said it was more a poblem of directing and decisions the director took rather then the writing.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Also OP you are very wrong. BvS was delayed cuz they were re-writting the script and not to mention that BvS was supposed to come out in July and Pan was released in October, so Pan did not delay BvS.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Few reviews I read said it was more a poblem of directing and decisions the director took rather then the writing.
    Really, nearly every review criticizes the plot.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by napolid View Post
    Really, nearly every review criticizes the plot.
    I only read a couple. That is worrying then. But Fuchs was credited as the writer but he's credited as screenplay for WW. Anyone know the difference?

Fantastic Member DeathFalcon182's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    I only read a couple. That is worrying then. But Fuchs was credited as the writer but he's credited as screenplay for WW. Anyone know the difference?
    Writer comes up with the plot, characters whereas screenwriter's job is to convert the plot to scenes and add dialogues etc. Either way this is indeed worrying.

BvS got delayed because if it came out this year there would be a huge delay til DCs next film suicide squad came out. Now you only have to wait 5 and half months

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dcdrew View Post
    Nope. BvS was delayed simply to give it more time. Pan was moved into it's old spot so they'd have a special effects movie in there.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Yeah, sorry op, it wasn't just because of Pan. BVS was delayed to allow more time plan out their universe and for a rewrite of BVS.

trailers looked horrible no surprise here
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

"What if we racebend Tiger Lily so one of those rich white girls who never get any roles can have the princess part?"

"Well, this and a dozen other missteps will pile up and no amount of decent casting will save you.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Astonishing Member

no, no, no, no, no. Poor Greg Berlanti, he just can't a hit on box office. Its weird because every tv series that Berlanti has produced, they're 80% hits. Even if they get canned, they're mostly favorable reviews. Producing the highest rated show for NBC this year and CW last year but yet he cant get anything out on big screen.
    I'm just nervous now because I'm not sure how much of Pan's failure is the script or how much is the concept. I just hope that WB don't get cold feet and postpone WW again.