Default How would Wonder Woman react to a villain like this?

I've been thinking about this since I saw the Animated Movie years ago what would Diana do if she discovered her mother had a son that she tossed aside and even tried to kill? Like she was forced to have this son and didn't want to because she was told he'd become a nightmarish force of evil. Yet after being forced to have him she did raise but was abusive saying how men were evil and couldn't be trusted ultimately trying to kill him and leaving him for dead.

Then years later when Wonder Woman is away from the island this son returns after becoming a powerful sorcerer and warrior with an army of demons and gives Hippolyta a choice along the lines of "Acknowledge me as your son, Mother and I will leave this island in peace and never return and spare you and the Amazon's endless suffering." In a seen like this.

Then Hippolyta refuses to do this so he slaughter's half the amazon's and enslaves the rest.

Then through out the story arc the prophesy about how he was destined to become this evil terror is how Hippolyta justifies her treatment of him only for at the end it's pointed out that if Hippolyta hadn't have done the things she did to him the prophesy never would have come to pass.

How do you think Wonder Woman would react to such a situation and how would she handle such a enemy?

And what would you think of such a character being introduced to the Wonder Woman mythology?
    Last edited by Castiel; 09-06-2014 at 07:46 PM.

Hmm, she'd probably try to appeal to him his sense of goodness and, you know get him to give up peacefully, but ultimately, if worst comes to worst, she wouldn't hesitate to strike him down, especially if it meant the Amazons were in trouble.

What would I think of such a character? I would absolutely hate it, would ruin Hippolyta's character, turn her into a monster.

If you watched the movie clearly you'd see that A) Its implied, if not, outright stated that the kid was a product of rape by Ares and B) Hippolyta killed him because he was very much a threat not only to the Amazons but to the world. There is no way Hippolyta would do this to someone if she wasn't absolutely sure that they'd be dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    If you watched the movie clearly you'd see that A) Its implied, if not, outright stated that the kid was a product of rape by Ares and B) Hippolyta killed him because he was very much a threat not only to the Amazons but to the world. There is no way Hippolyta would do this to someone if she wasn't absolutely sure that they'd be dangerous.
    Wait so it's okay to kill a child if he or she is a product of rape?

Incredible Member

Snap his neck, wash her hands, eat lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    I don't think that's exactly correct. I understood it to be manipulation (maybe coercion?), but not physical force.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

BANNED

I reckon she would treat him no differently than any other psychopath who has slaughtered half of the Amazons.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    I don't think that's exactly correct. I understood it to be manipulation (maybe coercion?), but not physical force.
    Yeah I've always interpreted it as something like that. It was also implied they were lovers so maybe as a young woman she fell for his charm but when she got pregnant everything for her went to hell.