Page 186 of 354 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 5304
    BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!!!

Sexy Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hasn't Jane met She-Hulk before? I liked to think she has (remember when she was Tony Stark's personal doctor?).
    She does say "I believe we have met once or twice". Jane was also the go-to doc for the Avengers in the 90s, but Jen wasn't on the roster then.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

Sexy Thor
    This can't be real!!! lol!!!

That **** ain't for me, bruh. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    This can't be real!!! lol!!!

That **** ain't for me, bruh. xD
    lol yeah, it looks like ****.

Niffleheim

Have you seen these Marvel heroes lol

http://www.heromachine.com/2017/06/2...msuit-special/
    Last edited by Tofali; 09-22-2017 at 02:10 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Smh Aaron, he just has to inject his agenda into everything, only he can make saying she hulk something sexist
    He can't help himself, I expect. The sad part, to me, is that Aaron, when he's not on his soap box over some nonsensical issue, tells a solid story and the art on the comic during this run has been in the good-to-excellent range for the most part.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pugbuddy View Post
    He can't help himself, I expect. The sad part, to me, is that Aaron, when he's not on his soap box over some nonsensical issue, tells a solid story and the art on the comic during this run has been in the good-to-excellent range for the most part.
    Im finding his work rather repetative and full of idiom in my opinion - and my interest has fully waned

I feel everything I read from him has the same undertones

Irrelevant to their virtues I'm just board of it on thor now, I would welcome a change but that's just me

Of course this is just my opinion, I'm sure many people love his stuff and thats cool,

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Interested in seeing Thor take on the army alone, hopefully he can redeem himself from the depressing fights he had in the first two issues of Unworthy Thor.
    Glad to see Aaron finishing the tale of Necrosword Galactus, one of the things I live about his run.
    Smh Aaron, he just has to inject his agenda into everything, only he can make saying she hulk something sexist
    he won't be for long.

probably get his ass kicked.

yeah, lol. his agenda is ruining everything.

BANNED

Jason Aaron's The God Butcher Saga was the best. None of his following work has been nearly as good. The Accursed arch with Malekith was good/decent. The Last Days of Midgard arch was just bad, especially his treatment of Galactus which was horrid.

And let's not forget his agenda-forced run with Jane/Thordis/She-Thor, which could have been great but is continuously held down/back by inconsistencies, continuity errors/sabotage, and the forced PC/SJW agenda that he still tries to jam down our throats.

Only thing that still remains solid regardless is the art.

I've been following recent posts, the ones about how Aaron is mistreating Thor Odinson, with a lot of interest. In my experience Thor is a very inconsistent character, in powers, character traits, world rules, relationships, almost everything. That could be due to my reading habit of picking wichever number I fancy at the moment, without caring about continuity. Also I've been excusing the lazy writing thinking "how could mortals expect to understand a god" and just roll with it. But after reading your posts I wonder if there are writers, numbers or events that define Thor Odinson's personality. Please give me some examples.

The Lee/Kirby and Walt Simonson Thor runs are generally considered the character's defining stories. All of the issues that Simonson both writes and draws I think I'd consider essential - after he stops drawing and Sal Buscema takes over art chores and crossovers start to encroach on the book I think the steam begins to run out from the run (though there are some great issues, such as the all-splash-page Thor#380 where he takes on the Midgard Serpent, and the final issue of the run #382 where Thor takes on Hela). I've liked what I've read of the Lee/Kirby run but am a bit sketchy on the details, so you're better off getting someone else to give you specific story arcs or numbers.

Thor in the Avengers was often written a little dimmer than in his own title in order that he didn't glory-hog the action due to his top-tier powerset (he was often absent from the roster for similar reasons - he's really too powerful and experienced to work in a group that has a number of street-level heroes present). I think his characterisation has been a bit ropey since 2000 or so, perhaps earlier (I didn't really read much 90's comics).

Quote Originally Posted by 2cats View Post
    I've been following recent posts, the ones about how Aaron is mistreating Thor Odinson, with a lot of interest. In my experience Thor is a very inconsistent character, in powers, character traits, world rules, relationships, almost everything. That could be due to my reading habit of picking wichever number I fancy at the moment, without caring about continuity. Also I've been excusing the lazy writing thinking "how could mortals expect to understand a god" and just roll with it. But after reading your posts I wonder if there are writers, numbers or events that define Thor Odinson's personality. Please give me some examples.
    There really are not defining books. There are books that fans cling to, but even they contradict each other. Different fans have different books that they hold dear, and those choices tend to reflect their understanding of the character.

If like me you revere Kirby, and regularly read 'The Jack Kirby Collector' but find the books more interesting on an academic level and don't care for the old fashioned stories, then the last thing you want is a character consistent with that! Nostalgia is not for me. If like me you don't particularly elevate Simonson, then you will never see eye to eye with someone who thinks every Thor book should be like that.

But that is comics. There are no characters that have survived that long that remain consistent. Even if they did they would be old fashioned and nobody would buy them. I believe to truly enjoy Thor over the long term you need to embrace the inconsistencies for what they are.

BANNED

Aaron is going to continue writing Thor for the foreseeable future.

I think that depends on what you mean by the long haul — some of them, such as Dan Slott on Amazing Spider-Man or Jason Aaron on Thor have already been on for a very long haul, and will continue to be,” Breevort told Comicbook.com.
    http://www.cbr.com/dan-slott-amazing...-tom-brevoort/

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Aaron is going to continue writing Thor for the foreseeable future.

http://www.cbr.com/dan-slott-amazing...-tom-brevoort/
    Frankly I think "long haul" translates to the extent of Legacy, and that's it, even if Brevoort implies it'll be longer.

It seems like Aaron's run is going to be winding down around then anyways, same with Slott.

I hope he is not writing OG Thor.

he can write Jane as much as he wants.