Page 203 of 354 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253303 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 5304
    BANNED

Also, I think GENERATIONS: MIGHTY THOR & UNWORTHY THOR is a kind of sequel to the Uncanny Avengers story.

Quote Originally Posted by ElliotJA View Post
    Wasn't the part with young Thor and Apocalypse in 1013 set in the prime timeline though?
    I can only say probably, because at one point things got very confusing in that run. I swear at one point with the twins it is suddenly apparent that some of the things that appeared to be in the 616 were not. I looked back at that book and nothing suggests it isn't the 616 in the issue, and he is obliquely but clearly referenced as unworthy. Remender may have been safely removing his events from Aaron, not realising he was messing up the timeline. This is the kind of thing Marvel could handwave by saying it was in an alternative universe if they were ever questioned about it, considering some of the other events in that book.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    It was his weapon of choice at the time. It was in that storyline that the enchantment to cut through Apocalypse's armour was placed on it.
    That was the way I remembered it, but Remender doesn't get off that easily. The way Thaons talks about Thor not being armed properly by Odin, the dialogue with Odin, and the way Thanos refers to the retreating Thor as Unworthy all suggests Remender just stretched the dates too far.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-18-2017 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Spelling

Also, I think GENERATIONS: MIGHTY THOR & UNWORTHY THOR is a kind of sequel to the Uncanny Avengers story.
    Really? It seems to happen in the same time period as his other young Thor stories. I think Aaron is clearly suggesting that Thor becomes worthy not long after the events we see in his run, probably within a year or two.

BANNED

A vision of things to come for Odinson.

From Mighty Thor #700.

https://imgur.com/a/lJwig

And then there's this.

Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 10-18-2017 at 12:58 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I can only say probably, because at one point things got very confusing in that run. I swear at one point with the twins it is suddenly apparent that some of the things that appeared to be in the 616 were not. I looked back at that book and nothing suggests it isn't the 616 in the issue, and he is obliquely but clearly referenced as unworthy. Remender may have been safely removing his events from Aaron, not realising he was messing up the timeline. This is the kind of thing Marvel could handwave by saying it was in an alternative universe if they were ever questioned about it, considering some of the other events in that book.

That was the way I remembered it, but Remender doesn't get off that easily. The way Thaons talks about Thor not being armed properly by Odin, the dialogue with Odin, and the way Thanos refers to the retreating Thor as Unworthy all suggests Remender just stretched the dates too far.
    He also messed up Apocalypse's character in that story. In 1013 he's armed with Celestial technology, but it's already been established that he first found the Celestial ship during the time of the Mongol Empire, about fifty to a hundred years later.

BANNED

Really? It seems to happen in the same time period as his other young Thor stories. I think Aaron is clearly suggesting that Thor becomes worthy not long after the events we see in his run, probably within a year or two.
    From the previews I've seen, young Thor and Apocalypse seem to recognize one another from their previous encounter, suggesting that APOCALYPSE TWINS occurred in Reality-616, prior to events in this story.

From the previews I've seen, young Thor and Apocalypse seem to recognize one another from their previous encounter, suggesting that APOCALYPSE TWINS occurred in Reality-616, prior to events in this story.
    Well as Generations has been shown to not happen in reality as such, anything could happen there. Many insisted it was time travel but the blurb at the front categorically disputes that, Marvel state it isn't, and the crucial plot of the Captain America story demonstrates it isn't.

What happened in the Thor issue certainly seems to have happened to both of the characters but we can't place it in any time period at all because it happens outside or at least tangentially to time.

He also messed up Apocalypse's character in that story. In 1013 he's armed with Celestial technology, but it's already been established that he first found the Celestial ship during the time of the Mongol Empire, about fifty to a hundred years later.
    I have to question why you are so concerned by these details. These are the kinds of things writers have been getting wrong in the whole history of comics. There is nothing special about this era. The Noprize was invented for these things. And helpfully highlights that it is often up to the reader that wants to, to explain away these errors.

I love inconsistency, I love spotting them and I love thinking about how and why they have occurred, but I don't blame anyone. I mean even a simple crossover like Standoff has big inconsistencies regarding where people are at any one time, what hope does the whole publishing line have? Rememder wasn't working under the same office as Aaron in Uncanny Avengers and probably got the nod from his editor.

You can almost hear the conversation, Remender asking what time period Thor was unworthy because he doesn't want to spoil Aaron's story by taking the ax away, and the editor saying if you are going to do that do it at least ten years later, not realising Thor would have to be worthy pretty quick after those tales.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-18-2017 at 04:02 AM.

BANNED

Well as Generations has been shown to not happen in reality as such, anything could happen there. Many insisted it was time travel but the blurb at the front categorically disputes that, Marvel state it isn't, and the crucial plot of the Captain America story demonstrates it isn't.

What happened in the Thor issue certainly seems to have happened to both of the characters but we can't place it in any time period at all because it happens outside or at least tangentially to time.

I have to question why you are so concerned by these details. These are the kinds of things writers have been getting wrong in the whole history of comics. There is nothing special about this era. The Noprize was invented for these things. And helpfully highlights that it is often up to the reader that wants to, to explain away these errors.

I love inconsistency, I love spotting them and I love thinking about how and why they have occurred, but I don't blame anyone. I mean even a simple crossover like Standoff has big inconsistencies regarding where people are at any one time, what hope does the whole publishing line have? Rememder wasn't working under the same office as Aaron in Uncanny Avengers and probably got the nod from his editor.

You can almost hear the conversation, Remender asking what time period Thor was unworthy because he doesn't want to spoil Aaron's story by taking the ax away, and the editor saying if you are going to do that do it at least ten years later, not realising Thor would have to be worthy pretty quick after those tales.
    I haven't read the Captain America issue, can you explain it in slightly more detail, please?

I didn't read the entire Apocalypse Twins story, so can I please ask, is there anything in it to prevent Apocalypse in the young Thor segment from having time travelled there from the future? I know Kang told him that Thor would threaten him in years to come, but that's about it.

It may also be worth pointing out that in this story, Odin in the flashback refers to his treaty with the Celestials of non-interference with mortals, which was shown way back in Thor #300 and is frequently stated to have occurred around 1000 AD.
    Last edited by ElliotJA; 10-18-2017 at 07:13 AM.

I haven't read the Captain America issue, can you explain it in slightly more detail, please?
    spoilers:
    Sam lives incognito in the 'Vanishing Point' for decades, slowly stepping through history. Like a few other Generations characters he tries not to mess with history too much. When he finally gets back he catches up with the other characters that went through what he did and they establish it wasn't time-travel as there is no record of his assumed identity.
    end of spoilers

I didn't read the entire Apocalypse Twins story, so can I please ask, is there anything in it to prevent Apocalypse in the young Thor segment from having time travelled there from the future? I know Kang told him that Thor would threaten him in years to come, but that's about it.
    I really can't remember the entire context. I just remember being confused by which reality things had happened in a few times.

The best way to account for Thor, if it ends up being directly contradicted by Aaron (which it is looking like it will given #700's montage that clearly points towards worthiness very soon), is to imagine that Thor went through another period of unworthiness after a century or so of being worthy. That would be undocumented but not impossible.

It may also be worth pointing out that in this story, Odin in the flashback refers to his treaty with the Celestials of non-interference with mortals, which was shown way back in Thor #300 and is frequently stated to have occurred around 1000 AD.
    Yes I noticed that. It is significant to the overall story. If you haven't read the whole thing and have any interest, it is a very good story. It was often reviewed as being like a huge epic event but confined to one book. Thor is quite active in the story too.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-18-2017 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    JASON AARON (W), RUSSELL DAUTERMAN (A/C) Avengers Variant Cover by ROB LIEFELD
    THE DEATH OF THE MIGHTY THOR Part 4
    * The Mangog has come to Asgardia. But as every god assembles to meet him, there is one noticeable absence.
    * Where is Thor? Where is Jane Foster?
    * Without their mightiest hero, who among the Asgardians can face the wrath of a billion murdered beings--and survive?
    32 pages, $3.99.

Who needs Thor Odinson or Odin to stop Mangog when you have Jane Thor, Asgard's mightiest hero who they clearly can't survive against Mangog without....smh.

3 years. 3 freaking years. We've been patient, optimistic etc. Please just give Thor back his goddamn hammer, NAME and comic book.
    Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus; 10-18-2017 at 07:56 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rage.Of.Olympus View Post
    * The Mangog has come to Asgardia. But as every god assembles to meet him, there is one noticeable absence.
    * Without their mightiest hero, who among the Asgardians can face the wrath of a billion murdered beings--and survive?
    32 pages, $3.99.

Who needs Thor Odinson or Odin to stop Mangog when you have Jane Thor, Asgard's mightiest hero who they clearly can't survive against Mangog without....smh.

3 years. 3 freaking years. We've been patient, optimistic etc. Please just give Thor back his goddamn hammer, NAME and comic book.
    I could not agree more

This run has done nothing for thor or odin as characters imo

That's not a comment on jane, she's had a great run and I'm hoping to see her around for a long time

But imo the Asgardian mythos and thor have been treated horribly

I absolutely detest how thor has been treated since original sin

I appreciate others have enjoyed these books - im not trying to take that away and jane has been the best thing about avengers imo

But I really miss thor coz he ain't nowhere to be seen for years now
    Last edited by kilderkin; 10-18-2017 at 08:19 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rage.Of.Olympus View Post
    32 pages, $3.99.

Yeah, that's a bit tacky.

Odin and Odinson can't stop Mangog?

Come on Aaron.....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, that's a bit tacky.

Odin and Odinson can't stop Mangog?

Come on Aaron.....
    To be fair I suppose they might win

But it really is a show odin can run on his own

I mean he goes up against galactus level beings

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    A vision of things to come for Odinson.

From Mighty Thor #700.

https://imgur.com/a/lJwig

And then there's this.

really don't like the gold look for thor

BANNED

As for Aaron writing how Thor becomes worthy....actually, could that be referring to him regaining his worthiness to lift Mjolnir following the events of ORIGINAL SIN?