Page 238 of 354 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 5304
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rage.Of.Olympus View Post
    I think....people are just tired of Jane always lecturing everybody and telling them what they should do, how they're failing and anybody who doesn't immediately think she's awesome is portrayed as terrible. Specifically all the men while every female agrees with her and it's "Death to the patriarchy".

It's unbalanced, and biased. If it was more nuanced, I'd understand why you'd like it but at this point, is it even an enjoyable comic to someone who is a fan of Thor (The real one) and his cast? Odin just said she's not worthy enough to be his concubine much less his advisor and then immediately Freya wakes up because of the power of Jane's words. It's just like really? Maybe we can have some subtlety? Maybe Odin doesn't have to be a sexist, idiotic ******* while Jane makes everyone else stand around her looking dumb, particularly Thor, as she gives this amazing and riveting speech?

It's unfair that you're response to his criticisms are live with or don't read it. I understand you might really like this comic, but perhaps understand why a lot of people, especially those invested in the Thor mythos for a long time (I'm not saying you aren't) would be upset? Especially since most of Jane's positive traits IMO were just copy/paste from Thor Odinson and the void was filled with depression and alcohol. After all, Jason Aaron is attempting to tear down what's come before, but he's not doing it a very balanced way IMO. YOU might think he does, and that's fine but plenty don't, and I think it's very justifiable. It's a very jarring and feels extremely contrived and inorganic. I'm guessing he's frustrated, and I would be to because in the next few issues, Mangog will stomp all of Asgard including Odin inexplicably, only for Jane to save the day through the Mother Storm and the Phoenix, dying and earning the respect of the Gods as the greatest wielder of Mjolnir ever and proves how a human is more worthy of the Gods. Great and all, but it's not going to be very respectful to the original cast.

This post isn't to belittle you, or start a debate on whether or not this is a good comic. It's about showing a different perspective and understand why a thread started in 2014 to appreciate Thor might have some opinions you find disagreeable.

At least, that's how I feel and I'm sure many others do to.

Picture this: the next writer takes over and in the very next issue has Odin strip her of Mjolnir, cure her cancer, and sends her home to Midgard to her abandoned son. Jane being a terrible mother loses custody of her son, and she is stuck flipping burgers as she's lost her medical license. You'd be very irritated or some would. And as much as I'd think that's justice, I wouldn't wish that on any character because these are stories that people have invested in.
    Great post. Totally agree!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    The website IGN has picked Mighty Thor as the best comic of 2017. Aaron was also nominated for best writer, but Jeff Lemire won that. Mitch Gerads won best artist, which Russell Dauterman was also nominated for.

Cool.
    From what i read in Marvel Unlimited the Aaron Thor stories have been good,so news like this makes the more recent Thor TPBīS by Aaron to be in my wishlist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    I was comparing the sales Jane had with other Thor runs,
    GrandEleven wasn't.

but even comparing it just with the current competition, her book struggles to make it into the Top 50 and half the time doesn't even get there. Saying it's Marvelīs best seller is a plain lie.
    It doesn't make the top 50 because of the DC books double shipping, new comics particularly those that are under 5 issues in (which eventually fall below Thor), promotions, and events. As I said, other than ASM and OML, and the Star Wars books if you want to include them, Thor has consistently been Marvel's best seller.

Where modern writers get gods totally wrong is trying to find ways to make them human. I sure as hell would not have a human perception of events around me, given that I'm going to live for thousands of years while a human's lifespan is like a sneeze to me. Hollywood does that garbage do, like with Clash of the Titans and other concepts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    GrandEleven wasn't.

It doesn't make the top 50 because of the DC books double shipping, new comics particularly those that are under 5 issues in (which eventually fall below Thor), promotions, and events. As I said, other than ASM and OML, and the Star Wars books if you want to include them, Thor has consistently been Marvel's best seller.
    Again, not true, you can go to comichron and check the statistics, the X-Men books, Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, Star Wars, Deadpool on some occasions, Spider-Man, and the recent Captain America books have performed better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Where modern writers get gods totally wrong is trying to find ways to make them human. I sure as hell would not have a human perception of events around me, given that I'm going to live for thousands of years while a human's lifespan is like a sneeze to me. Hollywood does that garbage do, like with Clash of the Titans and other concepts.
    Completely agree

I'm looking forward to when OG!Thor can do main character stuff again and he's not the side-piece or supporting sidekick in the book with his name on it and featuring his supporting cast.

BANNED

Again, not true, you can go to comichron and check the statistics, the X-Men books, Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, Star Wars, Deadpool on some occasions, Spider-Man, and the recent Captain America books have performed better.
    The X-Men books were outselling Thor when they were new, and when they had special promotions. Once enough time passed, they fell below Thor. Same goes for the Avengers books.

Spider-Man, and Captain America outsold Mighty Thor because both were legacy issues, with last month's Captain America also acting as a the 1st issue of a relaunch.

Star Wars does outsell it consistently, along with Old Man Logan and Amazing Spider-Man, but those are the only books that outsell it on a consistent basis without other factors impacting sales.

And as far as legacy issues go, Mighty Thor has had the highest selling legacy issue.

Like with the last time you tried to comment on the sales of Jane's time as Thor, your analysis of the sales chart is devoid of context.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 12-21-2017 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post

Disrespect.

like, seriously LOL.
    Ya, that was really weird. How many times has Thor saved Jane's life? How many times have they been intimate? Countless, and that's how she reacts? She's not even being remotely pleasant at this point. She's going around telling the Gods what to do in their own home, and just being very bullish. It's kind of ironic how the pendulum has swung. It's what happens when you drink too much of your own koolaid, it happened to Tony Stark and Carol too.

Jane sounds like she needs the lesson in humility some times.
    Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus; 12-22-2017 at 12:07 AM.

Excellent post man, you sum up the feelings of many Thor fans pretty well.
    Thank you. I was just trying to show a different viewpoint. Communication is key and bridges all divides.

Ya, that was really weird. How many times has Thor saved Jane's life? How many times have they been intimate? Countless, and that's how she reacts? She's not even being remotely pleasant at this point. She's going around telling the Gods what to do in their own home, and just being very bullish. It's kind of ironic how the pendulum has swung. It's what happens when you drink too much of your own koolaid, it happened to Tony Stark and Carol too.

Jane sounds like she needs the lesson in humility some times.
    Though I only flipped through the issue, the scene where Jane-Thor tells Thor to unhand her is supposed to be out of character for Jane, who is obviously being heavily influenced by the hammer; when she switches back to her mortal form she is then much more rational and reasonable. From what I read Thor himself comes across fine in this issue, though Aaron continues to write Odin as a ****.

Spectacular Member

Also completely agree. Perhaps Aaron is trying to undercut that and state that they must be more involved to be worthy but that point itself is undercut by the gods in the past. Odin has always been watchful over the Realms and cognizant of threats to them. Aaron writes him so poorly that he doesn't care if there's a war going on that is burning half of them down. It's gotten well past annoying, for me at least. The whole "we deserve a say" and "down with the partriachy" was beyond stupid but right in line with his writing, unfortunately.

I think....people are just tired of Jane always lecturing everybody and telling them what they should do, how they're failing and anybody who doesn't immediately think she's awesome is portrayed as terrible. Specifically all the men while every female agrees with her and it's "Death to the patriarchy".

It's unbalanced, and biased. If it was more nuanced, I'd understand why you'd like it but at this point, is it even an enjoyable comic to someone who is a fan of Thor (The real one) and his cast? Odin just said she's not worthy enough to be his concubine much less his advisor and then immediately Freya wakes up because of the power of Jane's words. It's just like really? Maybe we can have some subtlety? Maybe Odin doesn't have to be a sexist, idiotic ******* while Jane makes everyone else stand around her looking dumb, particularly Thor, as she gives this amazing and riveting speech?

It's unfair that you're response to his criticisms are live with or don't read it. I understand you might really like this comic, but perhaps understand why a lot of people, especially those invested in the Thor mythos for a long time (I'm not saying you aren't) would be upset? Especially since most of Jane's positive traits IMO were just copy/paste from Thor Odinson and the void was filled with depression and alcohol. After all, Jason Aaron is attempting to tear down what's come before, but he's not doing it a very balanced way IMO. YOU might think he does, and that's fine but plenty don't, and I think it's very justifiable. It's a very jarring and feels extremely contrived and inorganic. I'm guessing he's frustrated, and I would be to because in the next few issues, Mangog will stomp all of Asgard including Odin inexplicably, only for Jane to save the day through the Mother Storm and the Phoenix, dying and earning the respect of the Gods as the greatest wielder of Mjolnir ever and proves how a human is more worthy of the Gods. Great and all, but it's not going to be very respectful to the original cast.

This post isn't to belittle you, or start a debate on whether or not this is a good comic. It's about showing a different perspective and understand why a thread started in 2014 to appreciate Thor might have some opinions you find disagreeable.

At least, that's how I feel and I'm sure many others do to.

Picture this: the next writer takes over and in the very next issue has Odin strip her of Mjolnir, cure her cancer, and sends her home to Midgard to her abandoned son. Jane being a terrible mother loses custody of her son, and she is stuck flipping burgers as she's lost her medical license. You'd be very irritated or some would. And as much as I'd think that's justice, I wouldn't wish that on any character because these are stories that people have invested in.
    This great post as Thor fan I agree sums everything how Aaron character assassinated and wrecked Thor turned him into one armed drunken loser no longer can use his first name turned Odin into sexist pig just push his insufferable mary Sue Jane who always right never wrong who better then gods at everything.

BANNED

Laugh all you want mate, if you only bothered to pull your head out of Aaron's a** for even a second, you'd notice the vast majority of the Thor fanbase is not pleased with his work ever since Jane took the hammer.
    You probably mean the vast majority who is vocal online here or other comic Forums but that`s not the vast majority of any sales on almost any book. You certainly want to support the book and dislike the character, is not an easy dillema between your fandom and wallet but if you want to keep buying a book you don`t actually like, may I sugges you handling it to a friend who can enjoy it more than you?

Astonishing Member

I agree

I don't want nor need them to be humanised

I can read about humans if I want that