Page 200 of 354 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 5304

Ragnorok is gonna be my fav marvel movie. I'm sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    You and us both Thor, you and us both .

(Not that I believe Aaron will get you back to there, especially with how he writes your dialogue).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You and us both Thor, you and us both .

(Not that I believe Aaron will get you back to there, especially with how he writes your dialogue).

Could not agree more

A shadow of his former self imo

Amazing Member

Thor flying a space ship? I don't think Thor's ever piloted a Quinjet before.

So, anyone still looking for the Soul Stone in this movie? Everyone is hyped about the trailers, but I haven't seen any speculation about the stone in a long time. The Space Gem is in Asgard for sure since the first Avengers and there's that tapestry with Odin holding it to remind us.

Didn't he fly a ship in the last movie?

Can anyone tell me - I recently bought Thor omnibus from Walter Simonson (it's on it's way).
    Does that omnibus contains Ragnarok story (comic one, not the movie one), or the Ragnarok story is from another writer and another omnibus/hardcover edition completely?

Thanks,

There is a comic called Ragnarok which Walt Simonson writes and draws (I think) which is published by a company other than Marvel. This omnibus does not contain those stories.

There is a chapter entitled Ragnarok and Roll, but it doesn't feature the twilight of the gods. It does feature The Surtur War, which is awesome.

Edit: I don't actually have the Omni myself, though I assume it just contains Walt's Marvel Thor stories
    Last edited by Panic; 10-14-2017 at 11:50 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Didn't he fly a ship in the last movie?
    He pilots the flying boat which is something Asgardians have in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Grind View Post
    He pilots the flying boat which is something Asgardians have in the comics.
    He also flew the Dark elf ship. MCU Thor shouldn't have trouble using earth technology, in Agents of shield MCU Sif scoffed at shields high tech holograms and computers and said they were antiquated instruments that had been abandoned ages ago in asgard. Better to have Thor being competent and flying the ship easily, than another fish out of water scene where he's just bumbling through it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    He also flew the Dark elf ship. MCU Thor shouldn't have trouble using earth technology, in Agents of shield MCU Sif scoffed at shields high tech holograms and computers and said they were antiquated instruments that had been abandoned ages ago in asgard. Better to have Thor being competent and flying the ship easily, than another fish out of water scene where he's just bumbling through it.
    Yep, you're right.

I hate the whole high tech alien Asgard stuff. Dr Strange uses magic, why can't Asgard use it too? I guess Hela just uses Pym particles to enlarge micro swords she carries around. Doesn't seem as cool.

Astonishing Member

I really miss a proper comic featuring thor in a new story being an awesome Asgardian storm god warrior kicking bad guy butt and all that fun

Feels like it's been ages since I read one
    Last edited by kilderkin; 10-14-2017 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ddak View Post
    Can anyone tell me - I recently bought Thor omnibus from Walter Simonson (it's on it's way).
    Does that omnibus contains Ragnarok story (comic one, not the movie one), or the Ragnarok story is from another writer and another omnibus/hardcover edition completely?

Thanks,
    I'm not sure what you mean when you wonder if the THOR Omnibus includes Ragnarok. During the time I was writing and drawing THOR for Marvel, I did two stories that were related to the mythological Ragnarok, but were not full-blown versions of the original tale. The first was the Surtur Saga in my first 18 issues or so. In the Norse version, at the end of things, Surtur flings fire across the Nine Worlds when everyone else is dead and he burns them all. He isn't mentioned in the poetry again; presumably, he perishes in his own conflagration. My story in THOR gives Surtur that same motivation in the comic, to try to destroy everything. The second related story involves the Midgard Serpent. In the myths, Thor and the Serpent battle during Ragnarok, a titanic struggle that results in the deaths of both combatants. Again, without doing a precise version of the myth, I do a version of their encounter, inspired by the original poetry. (Sorry if I'm being a bit vague. I'm trying to avoid spoilers.)

A couple of years ago, I began writing and drawing my own version of Thor after this time in a comic called RAGNARÖK, currently being published by IDW. Essentially, the tales are set after Ragnarök has already occurred and Thor, for reasons best told in the comic, has survived. The Enemies of the gods have also survived so Thor is traveling out into what's left of the Nine Worlds to find the Enemies and deal with them. 12 issues are out, collected in two volumes. These stories are not a part of the Marvel Universe and consequently, not included in the THOR Omnibus.

Best/Walter

I bought my first Thor comic this year(http://wp.me/p81uZL-dT), in part because I'd never been big on the character. He was good in the Avenger's films, but I have yet to make it through a Thor movie without falling alseep(I really hope Ragnarok changes this). It's too bad because Hemsworth does a great job with the character too. I also want to pick up a trade of The Unworthy Thor. I've seen snippets of it and it looks really good.