Page 165 of 354 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 5304

Thor: Ragnarök by Austin Bantel

BANNED

It looks like Jason Aaron will be writing The Avengers.

IGN: After Marvel Legacy #1, will we be seeing the Avengers 1,000,000 BC again?

Aaron: Yeah, for sure. Absolutely. As for where you'll see them, I can't tell you that part.

This is not a one-off appearance for these guys, this really sets up a story that will play out down the road a little bit. So this is the beginning of the next big story that I wanna tell. So, you'll see them popping up in the next book that I do. I'll say that.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/...the-first-time

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    It looks like Jason Aaron will be writing The Avengers.

IGN: After Marvel Legacy #1, will we be seeing the Avengers 1,000,000 BC again?

Aaron: Yeah, for sure. Absolutely. As for where you'll see them, I can't tell you that part.

This is not a one-off appearance for these guys, this really sets up a story that will play out down the road a little bit. So this is the beginning of the next big story that I wanna tell. So, you'll see them popping up in the next book that I do. I'll say that.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/...the-first-time
    Not sure we can say this. Especially as the Viking Avengers are part of his plans for Thor. Personally I would be surprised, but he does have a gap in his schedule now that he no longer writes Star Wars. He could be writing Fantastic Four for all we know.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-15-2017 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Not sure we can say this. Especially as the Viking Avengers are part of his plans for Thor. Personally I would be surprised, but he does have a gap in his schedule now that he no longer writes Star Wars. He could be writing Fantastic Four for all we know.
    It's not just a gap, he actually said he dropped Star Wars to make room for his next project. It would have to be something pretty important for him to do that, I mean he previously dropped X-Men to take Star Wars. And sure, it sould be FF or something, but wouldn't his next project make a bit more sense to have it be something that built off of Legacy? And it has been rumored previously. Yeah, just a rumor so grain of salt, but it would just make sense to have that team in it's own book rather than going to all the trouble of Legacy just to be having the medieval or whatever Avengers show up in Thor for an arc. We don't 'know' he has plans for the viking Avengers in Thor, he inserted one panel that hinted they would be showing up sometime, but there was no real telling WHERE, i mean it IS a shared universe, it could have just been a Legacy tease. I mean, where else was he going to tease Legacy? And they certainly could make a modern team of the legacies used in Legacy, and it would actually be a really cool team, and it would include a Thor (I am betting Odinson, but you never know with 3 of them running around at the moment) and possibly even Loki, since he is the new Sorcerer Supreme, and that is one of the legacies, so could cross over with Thor to an extent. So I think it is fairly likely, personally.
    Last edited by Raye; 08-16-2017 at 01:30 AM.

Where can we see those Viking Avengers ?
    I don't remember them from his run. I guess it was very short,but I'm surprised I missed it. I usually love those kind of things.

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    Where can we see those Viking Avengers ?
    I don't remember them from his run. I guess it was very short,but I'm surprised I missed it. I usually love those kind of things.
    So far we have seen only the suggestion of them in the Viking Hulk issues Mighty Thor #5-6. They are the heroes that notice the fight going on, and are depicted in the cave painting. They are unnamed but he has stated that they will turn up in Thor in the future, in his letters page, as the Viking Avengers.

Aaron is clearly suggesting that the notion of The Avengers has a long legacy throughout history.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-16-2017 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    It's not just a gap, he actually said he dropped Star Wars to make room for his next project. It would have to be something pretty important for him to do that, I mean he previously dropped X-Men to take Star Wars. And sure, it sould be FF or something, but wouldn't his next project make a bit more sense to have it be something that built off of Legacy? And it has been rumored previously. Yeah, just a rumor so grain of salt, but it would just make sense to have that team in it's own book rather than going to all the trouble of Legacy just to be having the medieval or whatever Avengers show up in Thor for an arc. We don't 'know' he has plans for the viking Avengers in Thor, he inserted one panel that hinted they would be showing up sometime, but there was no real telling WHERE, i mean it IS a shared universe, it could have just been a Legacy tease. I mean, where else was he going to tease Legacy? And they certainly could make a modern team of the legacies used in Legacy, and it would actually be a really cool team, and it would include a Thor (I am betting Odinson, but you never know with 3 of them running around at the moment) and possibly even Loki, since he is the new Sorcerer Supreme, and that is one of the legacies, so could cross over with Thor to an extent. So I think it is fairly likely, personally.
    Plans change, but the clear statement that the future of his Thor run would include Viking Avengers was in his editorial part of the letters. I mention this because I don't expect him to stop writing Thor any time soon. I am sure his new project will explore the Avengers legacy further, but exactly how and in what form is unclear. Marvel certainly need to inject some interest into The Avengers, which should be a headline book but seems to keep disappointing. Personally I would prefer him on something more fun than Avengers (not being a big fan of that title generally). An Avengers Legacy book maybe.

As he has also moved off of Dr.S I imagine he has time to work on Southern Bastards (back today), The Goddamned (currently scripting), Thor and something else for Marvel.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-16-2017 at 05:01 AM.

He recently stated he was working on a new creator owned book.
    https://twitter.com/jasonaaron/statu...98056704659456

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Plans change, but the clear statement that the future of his Thor run would include Viking Avengers was in his editorial part of the letters. I mention this because I don't expect him to stop writing Thor any time soon. I am sure his new project will explore the Avengers legacy further, but exactly how and in what form is unclear. Marvel certainly need to inject some interest into The Avengers, which should be a headline book but seems to keep disappointing. Personally I would prefer him on something more fun than Avengers (not being a big fan of that title generally). An Avengers Legacy book maybe.

As he has also moved off of Dr.S I imagine he has time to work on Southern Bastards (back today), The Goddamned (currently scripting), Thor and something else for Marvel.
    They probably will appear in Thor, there is no reason they can't appear in both, particularly the medieval version of the team. But I still think Legacy is building up to more than a flashback story in Thor. You don't put out something like that, with a lot of hype and NO mention of Thor anywhere in the solicit, in order to set up a flashback story in Thor, it wouldn't make any sense. If it was setting up something in Thor, they would at least mention Thor, so fans of that book would know, without a doubt, that this was part of that story. Launch a new Avengers team, though, that would make sense, because of it's broader focus on the MU, and it would make sense for Aaron to be involved with the team that forms, since he laid the groundwork.

And also, who says Avengers can't be fun? it's not the title of the book that makes it interesting or fun, it's the content. I mean, you literally added one word to the title as if that would make a difference. Obviously, if Aaron is doing Avengers, it would be the Legacy Avengers he set up, regardless of whether the word 'legacy' appears in the title or not. If Legacy, the idea of a team made up of characters with legacies reaching back to the distant past, appeals to you, most likely a team consisting of Thor (betting on Odinson, personally), Black Panther, Iron Fist (could be Danny but he also has that new apprentice), Phoenix (probably Teen Jean, but maybe Quentin, since Aaron really likes him and he does have a portion of the Phoenix Force.), Star Brand, the Sorcerer Supreme (at the time the book comes out it would be Loki, but they may use Strange, never know) and Ghost Rider, though the mediveal version of the team showed there could be some wiggle room in the lineup, allowing for maybe Namor (since the medieval team had an Atleantean), Hulk or someone else. The title of the book that continues that idea shouldn't matter.
    Last edited by Raye; 08-16-2017 at 01:36 PM.

I am not disputing that the main tease he seems to be holding back on isn't a cameo in Thor. He definitely has a new book coming. I am just not convinced it will be 'The Avengers'. But you seem to think I am arguing. I am just doubtful that is all. I am not convinced The Avengers will see a change of creative team, and more to the point I am happy with the current team. Maybe Marvel are not, who knows. But we need to wait and see. That is a double shipping book and is Aaron in a position to work on it on those terms? He seems to be being lined up with a single artist not two.

Actually stike that, because there has been a rotating art team on Avengers I was thinking it was double shipping, but it isn't.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-16-2017 at 02:12 PM.

I guess I just don't see why you aren't even open to the possibility, when all the pieces line up too neatly for it to be anything but an Avengers book (specific name is irrelevant, what i am saying is just that he will probably be on a book with this group of characters, it could be a new Avengers book, or the main book, doesn't matter. But the push it is getting, coupled with kinda meh sales on Waid's run, seems to say the main book to me) I am not saying it definitely will happen, just that the possibility is very good, and that there are things pointing to it happening. The only somewhat odd thing is that the launch of the new team will, apparently, be a few months after Legacy rather than launching directly out of it. But there may be reasons for that which will become apparent later, maybe each character needs a bit of setup in their own books, or something, but setup that has to occur after the one shot, or they just don't want to spoil the lineup in solicits until after Legacy is out, I dunno. Yes, a lot of the setup is happening in Thor, between the Legacy teases and setting up Thanos and Hela as probable big bads, (mirroring the MCU to an extent) but given that is Aaron's only MU book at the moment, not to mention that it appears Thor and possibly Loki will be a member of the team, and that Loki has already been confirmed to have a large part to play in Legacy, but one that was specifically mentioned to be separate from his role in Thor, that's kind of to be expected.

also, i mean, honestly the idea that the book can't be fun because of the name just struck me as silly.
    Last edited by Raye; 08-16-2017 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I guess I just don't see why you aren't even open to the possibility, when all the pieces line up too neatly for it to be anything but an Avengers book (specific name is irrelevant, what i am saying is just that he will probably be on a book with this group of characters, it could be a new Avengers book, or the main book, doesn't matter. But the push it is getting, coupled with kinda meh sales on Waid's run, seems to say the main book to me) I am not saying it definitely will happen, just that the possibility is very good, and that there are things pointing to it happening. The only somewhat odd thing is that the launch of the new team will, apparently, be a few months after Legacy rather than launching directly out of it. But there may be reasons for that which will become apparent later, maybe each character needs a bit of setup in their own books, or something, but setup that has to occur after the one shot, or they just don't want to spoil the lineup in solicits until after Legacy is out, I dunno. Yes, a lot of the setup is happening in Thor, between the Legacy teases and setting up Thanos and Hela as probable big bads, (mirroring the MCU to an extent) but given that is Aaron's only MU book at the moment, not to mention that it appears Thor and possibly Loki will be a member of the team, and that Loki has already been confirmed to have a large part to play in Legacy, but one that was specifically mentioned to be separate from his role in Thor, that's kind of to be expected.

also, i mean, honestly the idea that the book can't be fun because of the name just struck me as silly.
    I just really want an Aaron Fantastic Four book. I would rather belive that until all hope is extinguished.

BANNED

Jason Aaron is know for changing and retconning things to fit his story (not just Thor, he retconned the entire origin of Ghost Rider as well). So I´d rather have someone else on Fantastic Four, they don´t need Aaron´s retcon-y hands on them, a good writer tells his story with the elements established within the universe, a good writer doesn´t change and retcon the core of a character for his story to work.