Page 334 of 354 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344 ... LastLast
Results 4,996 to 5,010 of 5304
    All-New Member

But how to explain Logan is still alive in Infinity Wars……

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toniiiiiii View Post
    But how to explain Logan is still alive in Infinity Wars……
    He's still alive...I think...

All-New Member

Yeah…shouldn’t take his run too seriously
    Last edited by Toniiiiiii; 10-18-2018 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I think this is a comic trend not just a Phoenix trend. More Symbiotes, more Spider characters, and pertinent to the thread more characters wielding Mjolnir. It will inevitably happen over the course of the decades. For me it is more off-putting when these happen too close together, and guess what, this tends to happen when movies arrive.

However the Phoenix inhabiting a character is a theme of Aaron's wider arc across Avengers and Thor, and is being used as a way of examining the different ideas of deity in the Marvel Universe. It is a compare and contrast analogy of Mjolnir for Aaron, a transformative agent that grants powers in a similar but not exactly the same manner. Much of Aaron's Marvel style is about this compare and contrast exploration.

The same thing is happening with the compare and contrast with the Old Testament. It is designed as a way to make us think about how All-Father Thor compares to Yahweh, and what this tells us about Thor and Odin.
    Yeah, I get that is what is going on, especially the Old Testament and religion comparison stuff. That story isn't really subtle, but I do enjoy it. However, I don't read Avengers. I was under the impression that you didn't need to read both Avengers and Thor. Are there relevant stories being told there that you have to read in order to understand what is going on in the Thor comic itself? I feel like I'm following the story well enough without reading Avengers. It will suck if I have to read both because that means that I will have to drop Thor as the Avengers isn't a comic that I typically read, and it is out of my budget.

And I guess that now I know how it must have made some fans feel about Jain Thor using Mjolnir. I liked Jain Thor, and didn't mind that she was able to wield Mjolnir for a short time at least. Not permanently obviously. And now I don't like Phoenix being passed around, while some readers enjoy it.
    Last edited by Thievery; 10-19-2018 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    And now I don't like Phoenix being passed around, while some readers enjoy it.
    me neither.

I always wanted Jean to be the Phoenix.

she is the Phoenix unless that was retconned.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    me neither.

Yeah well the idea of using Non-Omega Level superhumans as a manifestations of Phoenix was actually started by Bendis during AvX but Aaron was putting on flame through his Thor and Avenger comics over his obsessive issues of using Phoenix over and over again and now that Phoenix was so much devalued with it's godly nature over the last few years that even Jean fans don't want her to be Phoenix anymore LOL but Phoenix was going to haunt them again in movies that is coming soon !!LOL

BANNED

Journey into Mystery #97 Oct 1963
    First appearance of the Lava Man in "The Mighty Thor Battles the Lava Man!"
    After saving a jet pilot, Thor returns to his office as Dr. Don Blake to speak to his nurse Jane Foster. He wants to confess his love for her,
    but realizes he can not unless he also reveals his identity as Thor. So he contacts Odin asking permission, and it is denied.

As news of the approaching Lava Man spreads through the city, Loki (watching from Asgard) laughs because it was he who released the volcanic creature.

Meanwhile, Jane informs Blake that she is leaving and taking a job elsewhere.
    She can not remain where her feelings are rejected. Forbidden by Odin, Blake is unable to stop her.

As the Lava Man finally reaches the city, he claims the city for his Lava Men tribe. But Thor appears ready to stop him.

The Lava Man melts his way into the tunnels underground, and causes geyser eruptions all around Thor.
    But the Thunder God uses his thrown hammer to drive the Lava Man back above ground.
    The Lava Man encases Thor in lava, but he is able to break free by summoning a lightning blast from his hammer.

When the Lava Man converts himself to a pillar of stone to try to crush Thor,
    Thor conjures a whirlwind with his hammer and sweeps the Lava Man to a distanct volcano and drops him in.
    He then seals the top to imprison the Lava Man and end his threat.

Back at his office as Blake, he finds Jane and her new employer, Dr. Bruce Andrews, waiting for him.
    She is angry that while the Lava Man was menacing the area, Blake had not even bothered to check on her safety.

She leaves with Dr. Andrews, as Blake laments that Thor must live out his days alone.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Don Heck

BANNED

"Tales of... ...Asgard! Home of the Mighty Norse Gods"
    The first part in a series telling some of the ancient legends of Asgard,
    this premiere story explains the early origins of the home of the Gods and the birthplace of the mighty Thor.

It explains that the origins of these legends have their root from the Ancient Norsemen who crafted these tales.

We are introduced to the Aesir (good gods) and their opponents the evil Frost Giants,
    and how they would wage battle in a realm bound by fire in the south and mist in the north.

At this world's end, the legends state the demon of fire, Surtur sits planning the destruction of the Gods, while deep below them all is the Well of Life.

Eons ago, the realm of Asgard was a world of pure ice until the birth of Ymir the greatest of the Frost Giants,
    followed by a magical cow. Soon the first of the Asgardians would be born, Buri.

As time would go on, Buri would take a wife and have a son named Borr.
    Borr would also have children of his own, one of them being mighty Odin.
    It would be Odin who would eventually vanquish Ymir. Following the ice giants defeat,
    Odin and his brothers would plant Yggdrasill, the Life Tree and protect the Earth, preparing it for the coming of man.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by George Roussos (as G. Bell)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    Yeah, I get that is what is going on, especially the Old Testament and religion comparison stuff. That story isn't really subtle, but I do enjoy it. However, I don't read Avengers. I was under the impression that you didn't need to read both Avengers and Thor. Are there relevant stories being told there that you have to read in order to understand what is going on in the Thor comic itself? I feel like I'm following the story well enough without reading Avengers. It will suck if I have to read both because that means that I will have to drop Thor as the Avengers isn't a comic that I typically read, and it is out of my budget.

And I guess that now I know how it must have made some fans feel about Jain Thor using Mjolnir. I liked Jain Thor, and didn't mind that she was able to wield Mjolnir for a short time at least. Not permanently obviously. And now I don't like Phoenix being passed around, while some readers enjoy it.
    No I don’t think you need to read his Avengers. There are complementary ideas and themes. With Avengers focusing on the beginning of history and Thor focusing on the end. Both are constructing a mythological backdrop.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    me neither.

She has deliberately moved away from it. Not by retcon but by choice.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

These are getting more and more realistic looking.

https://www.newsarama.com/42392-what...ni-marvel.html

interview about what if? thor grew up with Laufey as a father.

Odin is trashed even in the What Ifs? LoL.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I can't wait for this one!