Page 307 of 354 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 5304

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    When Jane took Mjolnir. Before he gave her his name, she was already referred to as the Goddess of Thunder. Eventually, Odinson realised he didn't need the hammer to be a God of Thunder.
    That is soo bad and cringy.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    That is soo bad and cringy.
    The perfect tagline for Aaron's run.

Are there any other gods out there that NEED some outside help to be a god? I mean Loki is god of mischief/evil.... Amora is amora, Odin has the Odin Force, but he's still 'Odin'... Heimdell is the watchman. MCU has the sword for the bridge, but he's still the watchmen...

My point is that it was long established that Thor was not 'God of Hammers'. He was god of Thunder. The hammer gives people the 'power of Thor'... not the 'power of Mjolnir'. Even Back in the Donald Blake days I remember a few instances where he would shoot lightning without the hammer.

The hammer may increase his control (and do a whole lot of OTHER things... flight, shield, dimensional travel etc...) and he has a belt to boost his strength... but I don't recall any other gods who are gods only because he/she has a specific item... Without his hammer he should be weaker Thunder god... but a thunder god all the same.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Are there any other gods out there that NEED some outside help to be a god? I mean Loki is god of mischief/evil.... Amora is amora, Odin has the Odin Force, but he's still 'Odin'... Heimdell is the watchman. MCU has the sword for the bridge, but he's still the watchmen...

My point is that it was long established that Thor was not 'God of Hammers'. He was god of Thunder. The hammer gives people the 'power of Thor'... not the 'power of Mjolnir'. Even Back in the Donald Blake days I remember a few instances where he would shoot lightning without the hammer.

The hammer may increase his control (and do a whole lot of OTHER things... flight, shield, dimensional travel etc...) and he has a belt to boost his strength... but I don't recall any other gods who are gods only because he/she has a specific item... Without his hammer he should be weaker Thunder god... but a thunder god all the same.
    The thing was - he was the God of Thunder because only HE could lift Mjolnir.

The Beta Ray Bill story was excellent when it was written, but looking back now it opened a rather large can or worms.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

The Beta Ray Bill story was excellent when it was written, but looking back now it opened a rather large can or worms.
    I think to some degree that's true, but I think Aaron himself has done an even bigger job of that by placing so much emphasis on the hammer, Thor placing his entire self-worth in lifting the hammer, and that "Thor" is a mantle, not a name, that any normal human can take up and go to town with.

Astonishing Member

I really don't think that's so, he even says it himself when he defeats durok the demolished back in ragnoarok dissaembled story line, he's relied on mjolnir too much, it's just a tool, it's him who is the thunder and lightning

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I really don't think that's so, he even says it himself when he defeats durok the demolished back in ragnoarok dissaembled story line, he's relied on mjolnir too much, it's just a tool, it's him who is the thunder and lightning
    yeah, he also used lightning millenia ago against Gorr.
    Last edited by GodThor; 06-09-2018 at 05:19 AM.

Extraordinary Member

The idea that Thor can summon the storm without Mjolnir is a fairly recent one, not counting that first appearance of Nuclear Man. A much longer standing idea is that Mjolnir was created specifically with Thor in mind, to be his to wield its power when he was ready.

Even Simonson touched on this...

If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Fantastic Member

Here's my problem...

Odin created Mjolnir. He created Stormbreaker. Why can't he create a new hammer for Thor?

(All of this overlooks the problem that Thor should be dead after the destruction of Mjolnir.)

nice, so Thor is a joke now.

Jane is still the best.

this chapter(Thor #1 2018)was a joke.
    Last edited by GodThor; 06-13-2018 at 10:16 AM.

Astonishing Member

The idea that Thor can summon the storm without Mjolnir is a fairly recent one, not counting that first appearance of Nuclear Man. A much longer standing idea is that Mjolnir was created specifically with Thor in mind, to be his to wield its power when he was ready.

Even Simonson touched on this...

Theres not actually anything in those images that relates directly to him being able to summon the storm

Sure it mentions power, but not distinctly what

Mjolnir could do a lot not storm based

Astonishing Member

Jane is still the best.

this chapter was a joke.
    I had a read, could not stand the art, felt it was a big colourful mess

Story wise the king thor part had no interest for me

The current thread did little to wet my appetite

ill be keeping an eye on it but ill save my cash for the foreseeable

I had a read, could not stand the art, felt it was a big colourful mess

Story wise the king thor part had no interest for me

The current thread did little to wet my appetite

ill be keeping an eye on it but ill save my cash for the foreseeable
    that last panel with King Thor was cringy af.

and the jokes about hammers...

yep, another joke arc on the way.

Jane is still the best.

this chapter(Thor #1 2018)was a joke.
    Not liking what I'm hearing either, to be honest.

a Thor book deserves/needs a better art team. I'm used to Copiel, Immonen, and Dauterman. it's hard to settle after that.