Page 325 of 354 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329335 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 5304

was that.... Ghost Doom or whatever in Thor#5???

LoL than's wack.

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!!!

Journey into Mystery #96 Sep 1963
    "Defying the Magic of... Mad Merlin!"
    Merlin is awakened after a thousand years and immediately decides to try and take over the world;

He battles Thor using familiar Washington D.C. monuments.

Script by Stan Lee (plot) and Robert Bernstein (script), art by Joe Sinnott

I enjoyed King Thor in this issue. I would like the younger version (pre-hammer) to have a few arcs as well. I saw Wardruna in Portland last night (it was awesome), and brought back my love for some good old Norse Gods & Tales.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

BANNED

Latest issue was excellent.

Wasn't sure going in how I would feel about Wolverine Phoenix but Aaron (and guest artist Christian Ward) absolutely made it work.

Really cool stuff and the last page is a real holy sh*t moment.

I didn't really enjoy #1-4 of the new Thor series. But #5 was 10/10, Aarons knocked it out the park, reminded me of God of thunder. I hope Aarons can return to writing like this and stop with the jokey stuff he does with modern Thor.
    Plus the art was also great.
    10/10 issue man, The final page was glorious

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    I didn't really enjoy #1-4 of the new Thor series. But #5 was 10/10, Aarons knocked it out the park, reminded me of God of thunder. I hope Aarons can return to writing like this and stop with the jokey stuff he does with modern Thor.
    very low chances of that.

He's just killing time until he can bring Jane back. There is no chance of a smart, competent Thor Odinson under his pen, it would be too much competition for Jane.
    Last edited by Panic; 09-22-2018 at 10:03 AM. Reason: I can't spell

Killing time until his War of the Realms event maybe too. I wonder if it was meant to be this year instead of next, but a combination of Jane's popularity (meaning Marvel didn't want to wrap up her run so early) and the Infinity Wars event caused it to be held back? The result being that the set-up was all but done during Jane's tenure.

It does look like WOTR will conclude his run, and it'll certainly include Jane's return. With her cancer cured, all they'll need to do is create two new Mjolnirs (via time travel?) to get both of the Thors back to a standard long term status quo. Odinson effectively back to factory settings and Jane no longer sick but still empowered.

Afterwards, they can either operate as a duo, each have a book, or just serve on separate Avengers teams (Odinson on the main one, which may well still be the current team, and Jane on one with some of the other No Surrender era Avengers).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Plus the art was also great.
    10/10 issue man, The final page was glorious
    #5 Was okay, but I liked #1-4 better.
    Maybe it's just me, but the Thor in the bar scenes with Wolverine felt like the same jokey Thor that he usually writes.
    And I'm still not sure how I feel about Wolverine Phoenix.
    Just my opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Killing time until his War of the Realms event maybe too. I wonder if it was meant to be this year instead of next, but a combination of Jane's popularity (meaning Marvel didn't want to wrap up her run so early) and the Infinity Wars event caused it to be held back? The result being that the set-up was all but done during Jane's tenure.

It does look like WOTR will conclude his run, and it'll certainly include Jane's return. With her cancer cured, all they'll need to do is create two new Mjolnirs (via time travel?) to get both of the Thors back to a standard long term status quo. Odinson effectively back to factory settings and Jane no longer sick but still empowered.

Afterwards, they can either operate as a duo, each have a book, or just serve on separate Avengers teams (Odinson on the main one, which may well still be the current team, and Jane on one with some of the other No Surrender era Avengers).
    I don't really see a Thor going back to "factory settings.:

I think Panic had a point that Jane is written so much in the same exact vein as classic Thor that you really can't have them running around together in their normal personalities when they're pretty much the same character save for gender and some circumstances.

And thus we get Aaron's current Thor who comes off more like Hercules then Thor has been written for decades.

my guess is there will be a team.

Thor, Valkyrie, Angela and a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't really see a Thor going back to "factory settings.:

I think Panic had a point that Jane is written so much in the same exact vein as classic Thor that you really can't have them running around together in their normal personalities when they're pretty much the same character save for gender and some circumstances.

And thus we get Aaron's current Thor who comes off more like Hercules then Thor has been written for decades.
    That's ironic for two reasons. One, in ANAD Avengers, it was mentioned that she was behaving more like Hercules than Thor. And after the Champions were formed, Hercules was one of the replacement Avengers, they ended up as drinking buddies (which we saw in both Thor and Venomized). It's probably his unworthiness that's causing Odinson to behave the way he is right now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman