Page 224 of 354 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274324 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 5304

Bloating a brand serves no purpose. Let there be Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    So is Odison back as main thor or will there simply be two thors, both Odinson and Jane

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/thor/...elease-a154730
    I think we're probably going to end up with two Thors, even if I think that's a little unnecessarily redundant (especially when one character is using his actual name and the other is taking his name as a codename).

But Jane isn't like Sam Wilson who didn't sell gangbusters as Cap to where they could justify bringing Steve back as the sole Cap and making Sam Falcon again. I'm also not sure if they would try to promote her as a Thunderstrike type.

But I do think Thor will be the main Thor again once he gets whatever revamp he seems to be getting, though given how Aaron has been handling things that might also not be the case.

Extraordinary Member

I think Jane will die.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I think Jane will die.
    nah, she will become a Valkyrie most likely.

Aaron wouldn't have gone to the trouble of giving Thor a new hammer if Jane were to die or give up Mjolnir.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I wonder how will Thor and Odin vs Mangog play out.
    I've had a bad idea. Aaron may want to destroy Odin and Asgard to bring the story more in line with the MCU.

Hopefully it will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by pugbuddy View Post
    I've had a bad idea. Aaron may want to destroy Odin and Asgard to bring the story more in line with the MCU.

Hopefully it will never happen.
    lol yeah.

as lame as Odin is now in the comics, he is way better than the MCU one.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Where's Baldur?
    I believe he is currently the God of the Dead in Hel.
    I wonder if Balder will show up in the next issue now that Karnilla is dead? Maybe he might even resurrect her

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!

Yay. Verily.

I still don't get why he ISN'T worthy.

Because he questions himself? Isn't that the whole point of humility?
    There should a big difference between questioning oneself and an existential crisis. This story suggests Thor questioned himself constantly and that was part of being worthy. It wasn't a question that made him unable to lift the hammer, it was a fact. If it was a question Odinson would have dropped Mjölnir at the end of God Bomb. Odinson has been directly confronted with the gospel according to Gor. It has hit him squarely in the head and he can't shift it. The truth is like that sometimes. I has certainly shaken this forum, where so many are convinced it isn't true despite being canonical. The gods do not have legitimacy in the Marvel Universe, fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    I never thought about it but yes fury had the Watcher eye when he whispered in Thor ear. Do you mean that perhaps subcosciously he tapped into Watcher power(that by the way are at least at allfather level) to make Thor feel , no better becoming unworthy?
    The whole point of Original Sin is to give this Thor story the weight of truth. Nick isn't using powers on anyone, he is seeing what is real and true and relaying that as a 100% credible witness. Nick gets to see the truth. His word is all Thor needed to turn his self-doubt into certainty. Only at this point does he drop Mjölnir.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Because he's not a God. The words that made him Unworthy were "Gorr was right". Right about gods not being worthy. Jane and Steve are mortals. That's why those two are worthy and Thor isn't.
    I think this is only partly true. It is obvious that at the end of this story Thor will be worthy again. It is not true that gods can't be worthy, but surely they are not worthy just because they are gods. Their legitimacy needs to hang upon more than being worshipped and formed in prehistoric times. Jane as Thor points the way. She shows that it is possible to be a worthy god in much the same way as Beta-Ray Bill did. As a protector and later a symbol.

Steve is a special case, he doesn't fully take on the form of Thor. He is the human that is worthy and makes no claims to be more. Beta-Ray was a partly constructed messiah by his people. Jane literally accepted the mantle and became a god.

I think Aaron has brought in Mangog at this crucial moment, in order to reflect upon the symolism of representing others. Just as War Thor stands for the memory of a dead universe, Mangog stands for the vengeance of a race (apparently now dead). Jane stands for peace in the Ten Realms, and stands for Earth as its protector from the War of Realms. She is a self appointed delegate and yet she is worthy. One step further than the assigned delegate that was Beta-Ray. Surely Odinson can also achieve this once he learns that it is possible to be Thor and technically not be The God of Thunder in the sense he always believed before.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 11-10-2017 at 02:59 AM.

I think I've kind of had my fill of stories really going on and on about "worthiness" and what it means to be "Thor" to last me a while.

It feels weird to say that about a Thor comic, but still.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think I've kind of had my fill of stories really going on and on about "worthiness" and what it means to be "Thor" to last me a while.

It feels weird to say that about a Thor comic, but still.

Agreed

It's been long enough for me

Do you think that after the movie (Thor Ragnarok), Odinson would start using his powers more like Ororo ?

I mean he already gave up his name to Jane, rejected the opportunity to take a hammer twice. The only missing step to redefine himself is a shift from trying to obtain the worthiness status to "yeah, you can keep the hammer with the rancorous mother storm inside, who cares, I'm the storm, every storm"

Quote Originally Posted by 2cats View Post
    Do you think that after the movie (Thor Ragnarok), Odinson would start using his powers more like Ororo ?

I mean he already gave up his name to Jane, rejected the opportunity to take a hammer twice. The only missing step to redefine himself is a shift from trying to obtain the worthiness status to "yeah, you can keep the hammer with the rancorous mother storm inside, who cares, I'm the storm, every storm"
    It would be the best outcome in my mind, Odinson just being worthy again would feel like Thor is just a story about a hammer and whoever is holding it.