Page 243 of 354 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293343 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 5304

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    so... Cul was crushed, Freyja possessed Destroyer was ripped apart probably affecting her mind and soul, 100s of asgardians were killed(just after they got invaded and attacked by sentry) heimdall has been blinded, sif shown on the gtound as if dead.
    Aaron has finally achieved his dream.

anyways, will heimdall remain blind or will they restore his eyes back? will the destroyer being ripped apart affect freyja? will Cul die or will he be brought back.
    what do guys think?
    we want this storyline to be retconned.
    Last edited by GodThor; 01-18-2018 at 11:55 AM.

BANNED

Happy Thor's Day!!!

Thor #158 Origin of Dr. Donald Blake

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    so... Cul was crushed, Freyja possessed Destroyer was ripped apart probably affecting her mind and soul, 100s of asgardians were killed(just after they got invaded and attacked by sentry) heimdall has been blinded, sif shown on the gtound as if dead.
    Aaron has finally achieved his dream.

anyways, will heimdall remain blind or will they restore his eyes back? will the destroyer being ripped apart affect freyja? will Cul die or will he be brought back.
    what do guys think?
    I bet they'll keep Heimdall blind for a little while to make things a little more dangerous during the war. I really hope the whole destroyer thing doesn't affect freyja too much cause she JUST got out of a coma. They just keep putting her character out of commission. I think Cul will die, he's lost all credibility from his cowardice so he's really not an important threat anymore.

how many more of earth's heroes got to be involved in the fight against Mangog? What can stop it since brute force doesn't seem to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    how many more of earth's heroes got to be involved in the fight against Mangog? What can stop it since brute force doesn't seem to work.
    Mary Sue called Jane.

Thor and Odin will get no diffted like no tomorrow.

then Jane will come in and fight him equally.

everyone will be on the floor watching this and will throw some lines like This is the greatest Thor ever!!! You are my inspiration!!! You are the best God ever!!!

then she will beat Mangog with the biggest lightning storm Thor has ever produced.

Thor will admit that she is the best and Odin will finally understand that women can fight.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Mary Sue called Jane.

everyone will be on the floor watching this and will throw some lines like This is the greatest Thor ever!!! You are my inspiration!!! You are the best God ever!!!

then she will beat Mangog with the biggest lightning storm Thor has ever produced.

Thor will admit that she is the best and Odin will finally understand that women can fight.
    I hate to say it but this is probably how it's gonna go down. Hopefully he won't let Jane defeat the Mangog ALL by herself cause that's just not fair. The best we can hope for is a TEAM effort where only their combined efforts can defeat him. THAT would be a much better story then just Jane outdoing everyone around her.

Quote Originally Posted by marge_23 View Post
    I hate to say it but this is probably how it's gonna go down. Hopefully he won't let Jane defeat the Mangog ALL by herself cause that's just not fair. The best we can hope for is a TEAM effort where only their combined efforts can defeat him. THAT would be a much better story then just Jane outdoing everyone around her.
    sadly, Odin is nerfed like Hell and Thor sucks.

honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Phoenix comes in and saves them because her connection to Odin.

that's like the best outcome.

BANNED

who made the mangog this time if not the act of odin? If he slaughtered all of his race who collected their souls in one being and how different it is from the god killer arc... not!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    who made the mangog this time if not the act of odin? If he slaughtered all of his race who collected their souls in one being and how different it is from the god killer arc... not!
    Aaron made him.

I'll be honest and say that, if he would have dropped the entire "Jane is the greatest Thor ever", "the gods suck" and "Down with partiarchy" angles that are rife throughout his writing--along with the horrible characterization of Odin, I could probably say that he has crafted a decent story. Having the Mangog as a destroyer of gods is an interesting angle on that character IMHO. However, at this point it is just overkill for Aaron's own "let's destroy the gods" (if not physically, then character-wise) manifesto. He's neutered Thor, made Odin into a maniacal, raving, ego-centric jerk, and really done nothing positive with pretty much everyone and everything in the 9 Realms. Essentially, all the good the gods have done in the MU has been retconned into "they are all vain, horrible beings". It's overdone and, if not for the great artists that have been on the book, would be worth burning the entire run for.

I'm going to throw one bone his way (not that he cares as this is all just one guy's view): after some consideration, I don't see Odin being written as a coward in this issue. I think his not being in the forefront of the battle was simply a plot-point to allow for some character insight and preparation for the final big battle. It is the only time Aaron has not written him as a total fool and jerk, after all.
    Last edited by pugbuddy; 01-18-2018 at 04:31 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Mary Sue called Jane.

One of the worst issues of Thor I have ever read. And the destroyer getting punked like that is absolutely absurd. It was made to battle celestials, not some overhyped old threat which is not even a fraction of Arishem.

Jane can't leave soon enough and this version of the Mangog with her.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marge_23 View Post
    I also don't remember the user feeling any pain from the destroyer's injuries. I'm pretty sure Cul didn't scream out in pain when Freyja stabbed him in the face at the beginning of the series.
    They are just pulling it out of their asses at this point. The destroyer never had that element and no one could pull it apart. The mangog has always been a subpar character in my book but either way, he's nothing compared to a celestial which is what the destroyer is made to face.

Face it; most of the people at Marvel are the kids who were probably writing bad fanfiction and are now dismantling classic books.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Now Odin is a spinless coward who hides behind his armies.......how much butchering of characters will Marvel allow Aaron ?? Can't wait for him to leave the Thor title
    I'm with you on this 110%.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Thor has beaten him? Have him fight Mangog. But that would require a writer researching the character he is writing. It was obvious when I was reading Aaron's run that he didn't research the characters.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Thor has beaten him? Have him fight Mangog. But that would require a writer researching the character he is writing. It was obvious when I was reading Aaron's run that he didn't research the characters.
    He's the new breed of writer who might as well be writing his own characters entirely and not figures in the Marvel universe. I find it endlessly annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by tribalfusion View Post
    He's the new breed of writer who might as well be writing his own characters entirely and not figures in the Marvel universe. I find it endlessly annoying.
    I find it annoying as well. I told someone years ago that if his run was a Image comic it may have actually been good. But when he blatantly ignored continuity to tell his “great” story and write just about every character as a totally different character then the story being told is shitty.