Quote Originally Posted by bloodyarts View Post
The latest run of Thor is written by Jason Aaron, collected in THOR: GOD OF THUNDER VOL 1-3 and THOR: GODBOMB. Here, Thor faces a foe, Gorr, who has successfully slaughtered all the gods throughout time, leaving only Past, Present and Future Thor. Esad Ribic provides beautifully painted artwork to make a rather weak story and villain enjoyable. Admittedly there are a few good Thor showings here, and the interaction between the 3 Thors was insightful and humorous, but I really disliked Gorr as a villain or character. Your mileage may vary.
bloodyarts, that was a cool post, very helpful. I have to say though, I disagree with the part I bolded. No, I'm not saying that Ribic's artwork is not beautiful, but I can't agree the villain and story are weak. In fact, I would go so far as to say Gorr is one of the better villains of the last 5-10 years. Much more interesting than watered down versions of the same old faces.

God Butcher/Bomb is one of my all time favourite Marvel stories, cant wait for the OHC.