Page 204 of 354 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 5304
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    spoilers:
    Sam lives incognito in the 'Vanishing Point' for decades, slowly stepping through history. Like a few other Generations characters he tries not to mess with history too much. When he finally gets back he catches up with the other characters that went through what he did and they establish it wasn't time-travel as there is no record of his assumed identity.
    end of spoilers

I really can't remember the entire context. I just remember being confused by which reality things had happened in a few times.

The best way to account for Thor, if it ends up being directly contradicted by Aaron (which it is looking like it will given #700's montage that clearly points towards worthiness very soon), is to imagine that Thor went through another period of unworthiness after a century or so of being worthy. That would be undocumented but not impossible.

Yes I noticed that. It is significant to the overall story. If you haven't read the whole thing and have any interest, it is a very good story. It was often reviewed as being like a huge epic event but confined to one book. Thor is quite active in the story too.
    Aaron would only contradict Apocalypse Twins if he dated the story of Thor first becoming worthy as prior to the 1013 date of the former story. And, if anything, that may actually end up being more in line with earlier stories.

BANNED

I've actually been wondering if the current cycle of Asgard occasionally "glitches" in some areas - so, for certain periods of time, Thor may go from having already won Mjolnir to being pre-worthy again, and then back to worthy. The perceptions of the other gods could be effected so they don't notice such things. This could account for other stuff, like Odin having both eyes in his early modern appearances while later stories show him having sacrificed his eye long before this.

Thor #700.After all the hype and trumpet blowing by Aaron about this issue, I don't was really disappointed that it was mostly set up for future storyline, with nothing really happening. It was mostly 2-3 pages of the different promised fights, then skipping to other things, 2 pages each teasing future storyline that Aaron wants to write or calling back to old story lines that Aaron wrote. It reminded me of Marvel Legacy #1, all the hype, but gives you 2 pages of the promised battle and ****ton of setup pages.

One thing that disappointed and annoyed me the most.

spoilers:
    so, I noticed in The Mighty Thor, that Heimdall has been colored darker and darker lately. I assumed it was because of his helmet having a small entry hole for light. But in this issue, it is outright shown that Heimdall is now black. I wonder how this connects to Sif being his Sister. Honestly, as a black guy I feel disappointed in changing a characters ethnicity for movie synergy. Especially when dealing with all the other retcon Aaron has been piling up in this book, it just makes it look like he doesn't really care about the source material
    end of spoilers

Seems like Loki uses the Infinity Gauntlet to introduce tiny synergy details into 616, Heimdall is black, Hela and Thanos are doing it, Batman lurked Gotham for years as an urban legend but Superman was the first superhero... But I'm sure people will keep telling me Marvel maintains one continuity while every DC Crisis is a soft reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by ElliotJA View Post
    Aaron would only contradict Apocalypse Twins if he dated the story of Thor first becoming worthy as prior to the 1013 date of the former story. And, if anything, that may actually end up being more in line with earlier stories.
    He wont. He will make him worthy circa 898-890

BANNED

He wont. He will make him worthy circa 898-890
    You're sure of this? Not arguing, just curious as to the source.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Thor #700.After all the hype and trumpet blowing by Aaron about this issue, I don't was really disappointed that it was mostly set up for future storyline, with nothing really happening. It was mostly 2-3 pages of the different promised fights, then skipping to other things, 2 pages each teasing future storyline that Aaron wants to write or calling back to old story lines that Aaron wrote. It reminded me of Marvel Legacy #1, all the hype, but gives you 2 pages of the promised battle and ****ton of setup pages.

One thing that disappointed and annoyed me the most.

spoilers:
    so, I noticed in The Mighty Thor, that Heimdall has been colored darker and darker lately. I assumed it was because of his helmet having a small entry hole for light. But in this issue, it is outright shown that Heimdall is now black. I wonder how this connects to Sif being his Sister. Honestly, as a black guy I feel disappointed in changing a characters ethnicity for movie synergy. Especially when dealing with all the other retcon Aaron has been piling up in this book, it just makes it look like he doesn't really care about the source material
    end of spoilers
    those are Thor comics for yaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    A vision of things to come for Odinson.

From Mighty Thor #700.

https://imgur.com/a/lJwig

And then there's this.

Well, at least Thor finally looks like himself again, but I agree that the gold is a bit too much (I guess Jane keeps the old Mjolnir).

Seems like it's going to be a while longer before Thor gets his arm back too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Are they even going to bother to explain this one ?

BANNED

Perhaps Aaron won't bother to provide a specific date for when Thor first attains worthiness?

You're sure of this? Not arguing, just curious as to the source.
    It is supposition but it feels like Thor is in his late teens and quite close to an epiphany.

Perhaps Aaron won't bother to provide a specific date for when Thor first attains worthiness?
    Perhaps that would be unlike the usually bold and seemingly controversial here, Aaron. I guess he could just not say, but why should he? He clearly did his research, picked the tail end of the period that could potentially include raids on England, and went for it.

I've actually been wondering if the current cycle of Asgard occasionally "glitches" in some areas - so, for certain periods of time, Thor may go from having already won Mjolnir to being pre-worthy again, and then back to worthy. The perceptions of the other gods could be effected so they don't notice such things. This could account for other stuff, like Odin having both eyes in his early modern appearances while later stories show him having sacrificed his eye long before this.
    most likely, yeah.

BANNED

It is supposition but it feels like Thor is in his late teens and quite close to an epiphany.

Perhaps that would be unlike the usually bold and seemingly controversial here, Aaron. I guess he could just not say, but why should he? He clearly did his research, picked the tail end of the period that could potentially include raids on England, and went for it.
    Well, past depictions of Thor winning Mjolnir have had him in Asgard or somewhere in the Nine Realms at the time, and dates are usually only provided when a past story is set on Earth.

Though to be honest, I kind of hope he does have Thor attaining worthiness much earlier than the 1013 date in Uncanny Avengers, as it would square a lot more with earlier tales of Thor's activities on ancient Earth.

Well, past depictions of Thor winning Mjolnir have had him in Asgard or somewhere in the Nine Realms at the time, and dates are usually only provided when a past story is set on Earth.

Though to be honest, I kind of hope he does have Thor attaining worthiness much earlier than the 1013 date in Uncanny Avengers, as it would square a lot more with earlier tales of Thor's activities on ancient Earth.
    isn't Thor supposed to be way older than mere 1,000 years???

Not since the movies I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Not since the movies I guess.
    in MCU yeah, he is like 1,200 iirc.