Tales of Asgard
    "Surtur the Fire Demon!"
    The Trolls ally with Surtur against Asgard,

but Odin conquers them;

Surtur travels to Earth to destroy it.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by George Roussos

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    He writes Thor like a block head in Avengers.

I would think Thor would be a little better at romance than his current showing.
    Quoted for the purest of truths.

I haven't read the full issue but just from the preview Thor doesn't really seem to be acting how he usually acts with his love interests, or someone who actually knows Jen on a personal level.

But I guess she's just "Hulk" now so we have to stick with that...

At this point I just need Aaron's Thor run to be retconned out of existence.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    At this point I just need Aaron's Thor run to be retconned out of existence.
    If only this was so

Extraordinary Member

I wonder if there's some larger reason for Aaron writing Thor this way or if he's simply been influenced by the success of Chris Hemsworth's more comedic take on Thor?

I don't like the comedy take on Thor very much anywhere, but I think it's justified in the movies because Chris Hemsworth turned out to be a better comic actor than dramatic actor, so they rewrote the character to play to his strengths. In the comics, of course, this doesn't apply.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I wonder if there's some larger reason for Aaron writing Thor this way or if he's simply been influenced by the success of Chris Hemsworth's more comedic take on Thor?

I don't like the comedy take on Thor very much anywhere, but I think it's justified in the movies because Chris Hemsworth turned out to be a better comic actor than dramatic actor, so they rewrote the character to play to his strengths. In the comics, of course, this doesn't apply.
    I think the start of it is that he needed to differentiate Thor who wasn't Worthy with Jane as Thor, who's personality with the hammer was pretty much Thor's traditional depiction or characterization, which is when he started to portray Thor as more boorish, aggressive, and obsessed with mead.

Then Hemsworth's portrayal of Thor in Ragnarok comes out and his Thor drops several IQ points and becomes more comedy relief.

So I think they're probably related even if I don't think Hemsworth is the sole reason Aaron is currently writing Thor like this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think start of it is that he needed to differentiate Thor who wasn't Worthy with Jane as Thor, who's personality with the hammer was pretty much Thor's traditional depiction or characterization, which is when he started to portray Thor as more boorish, aggressive, and obsessed with mead.

Then Hemsworth's portrayal of Thor in Ragnarok comes out and his Thor drops several IQ points and becomes more comedy relief.

So I think they're probably related even if I don't think Hemsworth is the sole reason Aaron is currently writing Thor like this.

I think you make a very sound point here

People sure like talking about "hammers" in this comic .

So Thor is sometimes responsible for just random thunder in the world? And Jane Foster can tell when it's him? Although I guess if any human could, it would be her (for one reason or another).

Heven feels like a Jason Aaron depiction of Heaven.

How convenient that we have shadows and Valkyrie's hair covering both her and Thor's naughty bits...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    People sure like talking about "hammers" in this comic .

So Thor is sometimes responsible for just random thunder in the world? And Jane Foster can tell when it's him? Although I guess if any human could, it would be her (for one reason or another).

Heven feels like a Jason Aaron depiction of Heaven.

How convenient that we have shadows and Valkyrie's hair covering both her and Thor's naughty bits...
    Yeah on other forums we call it the "Aaron Force" . Either way it looks like i am going to drop this book for the type of generic art which Del Mundo delivers in this book imo
    Last edited by Vishop; 12-13-2018 at 10:39 PM.

Remember when the angels captured Thor, kidnapped him and separated him from mjolnir.
    When he called a storm from another realm across galaxy's, broke free and wrecked Havok on them?

In Heven, the inhabitants are all female? Are they immortal?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    They're all female.

I think they're about as immortal as Asgardians are.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    There are males but few of them. As such these 'Anchorites' are kept and guarded in Temples where they prey for the souls of the Angels who have died. This indicates they are not completely immortal.
    Last edited by Danvidar; 12-14-2018 at 02:05 PM.