Page 296 of 354 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 5304

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    just read the latest chapter.

I didn't understand anything... literally.
    Yeah...
    So like, Thor still isn't worthy? And he said he'd be Thor without an hammer, but immediately starts talking about getting a new hammer?
    Meh.

Also, thought we'd see her say something about her dead child and wanting to see him at least one last time before she comes back.
    Or her dead mom and dad she's always talking about.

Astonishing Member

I did like thor and odin in this to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Yeah...
    So like, Thor still isn't worthy? And he said he'd be Thor without an hammer, but immediately starts talking about getting a new hammer?
    Meh.
    yeah, some bull that only Aaron can pull.

also, is Mother Storm dead???

wtf was that anyway!?

did Thor attacked the Mother Storm??? did he channeled it's power??? did he channeled his own through it???

how did he revive Jane??? didn't Odin soloed Storm and now he needs Thor to help him contain it???

it's funny how Odin changed his character 360 in a spam of one chapter.

and LFMAO Mjölnir was really destroyed.

all this "sacrifice" was not a sacrifice at all lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I did like thor and odin in this to be fair
    Thor trying to channel a damn giant sentient Storm to bring back Jane no matter the cost seems really in character to me.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    yeah, some bull that only Aaron can pull.

also, is Mother Storm dead???

wtf was that anyway!?

did Thor attacked the Mother Storm??? did he channeled it's power??? did he channeled his own through it???

how did he revive Jane??? didn't Odin soloed Storm and now he needs Thor to help him contain it???

it's funny how Odin changed his character 360 in a spam of one chapter.

and LFMAO Mjölnir was really destroyed.

all this "sacrifice" was not a sacrifice at all lol.
    Yeah, Odin's 360 was... Wow

After 30+ issues of foaming at the mouth and acting like a child while screaming for her head, he starts acting like a Granddad fondly talking to his favorite granddaughter.
    It clearly shows that Aaron changed him so he could fit the narrative he was writing and immediately he was done with that, Odin turned 360 degrees around. Wow.

Yeah, Thor channeled the storm and it's dead now. Meh.

Yeah, Odin's 360 was... Wow

After 30+ issues of foaming at the mouth and acting like a child while screaming for her head, he starts acting like a Granddad fondly talking to his favorite granddaughter.
    It clearly shows that Aaron changed him so he could fit the narrative he was writing and immediately he was done with that, Odin turned 360 degrees around. Wow.
    yeah, definitely.
    Yeah, Thor channeled the storm and it's dead now. Meh.
    I guess it's a nice feat.

it's sad how Uru became so pathetic metal over the years.

Mother Storm was introduced with no meaning at all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Thor trying to channel a damn giant sentient Storm to bring back Jane no matter the cost seems really in character to me.
    For me, it was very heroic and thunder god like

And he didn't quit

Odin's turnaround was dramatic, but in fairness he was helping his son, so I'm cool with that

But it does not change the damage I feel the creative have done to thor and odin

It's a long way from even starting to be fixed imo
    Last edited by kilderkin; 04-25-2018 at 02:55 PM.

What a terrible and ridiculous story both Thor and Odin as characters as well as Thor lore throw in trash bin for this what in end came of it nothing Thor still unworthy needs permission of Jane start using his own name again and now off to be god of hammers in next arc and Jane lives via made up out of now way stupid plot driven Mother-storm and I rather Jane stayed dead.

I never disliked a writer like I do with Aaron what makes this worse is still going write Thor why can’t this book have new writer fix this mess.
    Last edited by zoch; 04-25-2018 at 12:13 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Pretty anti-climactic, I wonder how much longer will Aaron write Thor. I was a staunch fan of his but this War of The Realms has been going forever.

Spectacular Member

Odin's behavior did a 180 literally in 2 panels! He went from frothing, virulent hatred for Jane/Thor to coddling grandfather type in 2 damned panels, that's just poor writing. While I enjoyed the resurrection of Jane Foster and the impact her death had on Thor and the other Asgardians, am I the only one who feels that her immediate return somewhat lessened the emotional gravity of her self sacrifice?

So, Aaron will allow Jane use Magic to get super powers and use magic to resurrect her.

But, no, we can't use it to cure her cancer, magic has a price, magic is too tricky, magic is nywe nywe nywe

So, all those gods, the ones that are all unworthy and not caring and undeserving, there was big moral to the story, there was no lesson learned, no realization from the gods nothing.

Everything, all of Asgards civil wars, Odin's odd behavior, imprisoning of Freyja, the crusade against Female Thor etc, it's all forgotten and let go as soon as Odin's gets a personality transplant. Its just changed to everybody smiling and laughing.

reading Aron's Thor is giving me gastric reflux HELP!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Also, thought we'd see her say something about her dead child and wanting to see him at least one last time before she comes back.
    Or her dead mom and dad she's always talking about.
    People that feel they still have a life to live, even when they have a potentially terminal illness, don't talk about dying like that. You seem to be trying to make a point that is totally unnecessary to bring up in this context.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    People that feel they still have a life to live, even when they have a potentially terminal illness, don't talk about dying like that. You seem to be trying to make a point that is totally unnecessary to bring up in this context.
    How is it not important in this context. She was literally on the other side, why wouldn't she want to see her child atleast once before coming back?

Like in Xmen when storm briefly crossed to the other side, she raced to find her parents and spend a few moments with them before coming back, or when Nightcrawler died, the people he saw were Jean and Logan, his friends. I figured she would wonder about her family, I even had a theory that she would reject Valhalla because she wanted to be with her son who wouldn't be in Valhalla.