Page 10 of 354 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Russel Dauterman is the main reason I'm excited about the new Thor relaunch, those designs are great. But most importantly, Thor is finally getting the beard back! Took Jason Aaron long enough.

Not crazy about the dismemberment and the robot arm (Cable and the Winter Soldier called, they want their look back), but everything else looks wonderful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Russell Dauterman
    Yes! If we cannot have Ribic this is a great 2nd. Hopefully he can keep pace on a monthly...crosses anything crossable.

Question: Have they said if both the original Thor and the new Thor will both be on the Avengers?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

As far as the original Thor, he's been shown on covers for future Avengers issues, as for the new Thor, I've yet to see or hear anything.

BANNED

If Dauterman has designs for both Thors, does that mean that they're both going to be in the new Thor book? I thought previous Thor was going to be relegated to Avengers books bot that's quite cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    If Dauterman has designs for both Thors, does that mean that they're both going to be in the new Thor book? I thought previous Thor was going to be relegated to Avengers books bot that's quite cool.
    That's my guess, at least for the first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    As far as the original Thor, he's been shown on covers for future Avengers issues, as for the new Thor, I've yet to see or hear anything.
    Huh, except I keep hearing interviews about Avengers Now! that talk about her in the sense that she's an Avenger?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Huh, except I keep hearing interviews about Avengers Now! that talk about her in the sense that she's an Avenger?
    Really? Well obviously I need to start reading more interviews

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Really? Well obviously I need to start reading more interviews
    Actually I was wrong, I went to look for the article I was thinking about and it was actually an article on why all the big changes coming up are a good thing. My mistake.
    Words to live by.

Actually I was wrong, I went to look for the article I was thinking about and it was actually an article on why all the big changes coming up are a good thing. My mistake.
    Not a problem sifighter, we all do it. Most of the time it'll be me who's mistaken I do need to start reading more interviews though.

Thanks, and honestly I can't wait to read the new Thor series, I really like Jason Aaron writing and he did a lot of cool stuff in Thor: God of Thunder especially the god butcher story.
    Words to live by.

Thanks, and honestly I can't wait to read the new Thor series, I really like Jason Aaron writing and he did a lot of cool stuff in Thor: God of Thunder especially the god butcher story.
    I'm definitely interested in this new Thor series, just to see who it is if nothing else, hoping it's good. And I agree that Aaron has been doing a good job with Thor: God of Thunder.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Spider-Fan View Post
    I'm looking to expand my graphic novel collection, so I was wanting some feedback on the quality of various Thor collections. Some collect minis but I know others are just a compilation of one shots.

The ones I'm curious about are:

Astonishing Thor
    Thor: Heaven & Earth
    Thor: Godstorm
    Thor: First Thunder
    Thor: Wolves of the North
    Astonishing Thor was excellent all around. Highly recommended.
    Godstorm was a really fun--and very classic--story by Busiek and Rude. I'm not a fan of Busiek's Thor but he hit the right notes in this story and Rude's art is excellent. It's a very "Lee & Kirby" Thor story.
    Heaven & Earth was hit-and-miss. Jenkins told a good story in some of the issues but overall it was not impressive.
    Wolves of the North seemed more out of continuity (although I don't think it was) than anything else. It didn't seem to have much of a link to Thor in the MU.
    First Thunder I never bought so I cannot comment on it.

Extraordinary Member

Loving God of Thunder. This is the best Thor has been since Simonson.

Who's the chick?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

I could buy Thor as an environmental warrior based on the fact that his mother is the Earth Goddess. (Jord or Gaia or whatever hat she's wearing.). It's touched on every now and again in story, but I can't remember that facet of his character being much explored.

I'm waiting on Marvel Unlimited for this book so I'm 6 months behind. Is that the line Aaron is taking, or is he doing it to impress the environmentalist chick I don't care about?
    "Self has no time for this."