Page 106 of 354 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 5304

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    A change of direction is needed don't you think? The last movie was lacking in so many departments. As long as they don't go full on Guardians zany, a lighter tone could work. It is notable that in most people's lists of favourite Marvel movies the Thor outings are drifting ever lower. They were both enjoyable but other efforts outshine them. The franchise needs a resounding success if it is to continue.
    Well, initially once the script was in and filming commenced, it was noted how this was supposed to be the "darkest Marvel film to date," which was a welcome development considering the nature of the title (Ragnarok, Twilight of the Gods and all that) and its main antagonist (Hela). Feige also was on record upon initial announcement as saying that this was going to be the most important film of Phase Three. Then Hemsworth said the film could use more comedy and now the director is saying this is going to be the funniest Thor film to date. I think they're trying way too hard to make these characters "relatable" but, IMO, they should be doing that for street-level characters not super powerful beings. A huge problem with the Thor films is the total lack of any great action, especially focused action where we really see how unique and powerful Asgardians can be.

I also think the Dark World was a very weak film, actually probably quite easily the worst MCU film. It was a directionless, overly edited mess that didn't really know what kind of movie it wanted to be and it ended up being a Star Wars meets Twilight pile of poop. I just don't think Marvel really knew what they wanted to do with Thor from the beginning. They were hesitant to address the "gods on Earth" or mythological aspect of the mythos, so they settled for "advanced aliens" and kept the tone rather light and the meaning of Asgard and its characters pretty vague and ambiguous (not to mention sorely underdeveloped). Didn't help that they spent a ton of time in both films on Earth, so now it seems they're going to make up for it by having the film take place mostly in space (which is interesting). I get it that Disney/Marvel have a financially successful formula for these films, but it's just that. Formulaic.

I would actually prefer if Asgard falls and perhaps Thor bites the dust in either Ragnarok or Infinity War. Give him a decent conclusion and move traffic for the newcomers to fill (Black Panther, Captain Marvel). He's had some decent moments but overall has been poorly handled as a character (and the Asgardian supporting cast much worse).

in Vimeo is team Thor 2 complete

Do you have the quote on the "darkest film to date"

since you put it in quotes after all.

I remember him saying it was going to be as tonally different from previous films as TFA and TWS were and I remember him saying it is going to be as important to the MCU universe as TWS was when it was made

but I have no recollection of fiege saying it was going to be "darkest marvel film to date"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

A collection of hammer tussle covers:

Top Left: Thor #126 / Kirby
    Top Middle: Thor #338 / Simonson
    Top Right: Mighty Thor 2000 Annual / Ordway
    Bottom Left: Mighty Thor #429 / Frenz & Sinnott
    Bottom Middle: Mighty Thor #458 / Frenz & Milgrom
    Bottom Right: Unworthy Thor #5 / Coipel

Hammer-Tussle-Covers.jpg

Clearly it is time for a Kirby tribute cover again!

Pic recopilation

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    A collection of hammer tussle covers:

Top Left: Thor #126 / Kirby
    Top Middle: Thor #338 / Simonson
    Top Right: Mighty Thor 2000 Annual / Ordway
    Bottom Left: Mighty Thor #429 / Frenz & Sinnott
    Bottom Middle: Mighty Thor #458 / Frenz & Milgrom
    Bottom Right: Unworthy Thor #5 / Coipel

Hammer-Tussle-Covers.jpg

Clearly it is time for a Kirby tribute cover again!
    Those are dope.

I think the Thanos one may be the best though.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Pic recopilation
    Its bad enough that they shaved Thor's locks off but couldn't they at least kept what left of it blond?

Valkyrie's hair isn't in the traditional twin braid style either (not to mention her getting racelifted).

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

She's a new MCU character so she doesn't have to necessarily resemble the comic version but Thor's appearance which does more or less resemble the comic version had already been established in several MCU movies already.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Valkyrie's hair isn't in the traditional twin braid style either (not to mention her getting racelifted).
    For all we know, she isn't even playing Brunnhilde.

I don't think they've ever clarified if Valkyrie here has an actual name.

I mean, if she has Dragonfang and is called Valkyrie, it's probably supposed to be Brunnhilde, but I'd kinda like that to be clarified..

BANNED

Happy Thor's Day!!!

Thor to arms!

That preview could be read in different ways. Throwing off the yoke and reclaiming destiny don't rely on Mjölnir after all. Being reminded of who he is and should be are not synonymous with weilding the hammer that reminds you of these facts. Hmm. Sometimes these previews are chosen as part of the misdirection.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For all we know, she isn't even playing Brunnhilde.

I don't think they've ever clarified if Valkyrie here has an actual name.

I mean, if she has Dragonfang and is called Valkyrie, it's probably supposed to be Brunnhilde, but I'd kinda like that to be clarified..
    Although I have a soft spot for Brunnhilde I don't think Marvel ever successfully nailed the character or made many care about her. Maybe the MCU will have a totally fresh take on the character.

In Marvel she is often very generic and bland. With even decent storylines getting overlooked and sidelined because they are mostly forgotten and then retconned.

Even the mythic character is a little hard for modern readers to engage with. The Sigurd / Siegfried story is a strange one. The Edda version falls a little flat as she is ultimately a victim and then vengeful before turning to grief and death.

Even as a big fan of Wagner's ring and the way he weaved the stories together into a grand narrative I find Götterdämmerung unrewarding and overly contrived from the perspective of Brünnhilde. She doesn't feel like the same character that was so central and vital in the previous operas until the very end. She is perhaps the most complete and important female character in romantic opera, and yet the character concept gets muddled and confused by the necessity of the plot.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 03-17-2017 at 04:12 AM.