Page 11 of 354 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I'm caught up to "wine and dragons" and I love this book. Thor is honestly one of the most 'good' heroes in the Marvel Universe. I can see why he always proves himself worthy even after his frequent unworthy periods.

Spectacular Member

Well, he's never been unworthy (except for the alternate future when he took over the Earth in Jurgen's run--and that part of it really didn't make a lot of sense) in the past. Not sure what they plan to do to make him unworthy now but I suppose we'll just wait and see.

However, it appears Angela is going to kick his butt rather easily in the next "Tenth Realm" issue. So he gets to job to another new character to show how powerful they are. Maybe that is what makes him unworthy? That Marvel makes him such a push-over for every new powerhouse out there?

Fiona Staples The New God Of Thunder For ‘Thor’ #1 Variant Cover

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

That looks pretty cool. Personally I'm waiting to see what the standard Scottie Young variant looks like.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

I like this cover! Action and emotion! Great job!
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

BANNED

I'm debating whether to color this. My latest Thor sketch!

Thor BW.jpg

Extraordinary Member

I'm wondering if the girl Thor should be on the thread or should have her own.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pugbuddy View Post
    Well, he's never been unworthy (except for the alternate future when he took over the Earth in Jurgen's run--and that part of it really didn't make a lot of sense) in the past. Not sure what they plan to do to make him unworthy now but I suppose we'll just wait and see.

However, it appears Angela is going to kick his butt rather easily in the next "Tenth Realm" issue. So he gets to job to another new character to show how powerful they are. Maybe that is what makes him unworthy? That Marvel makes him such a push-over for every new powerhouse out there?
    If I recall Thor did defeat a Super Skrull that was smacking around Beta Ray Bill pretty easily. So wouldn't surprise me if THor saved the day when Angela is being smacked around by the next threat.

BANNED

So Thor has adopted his Ultimate versions environmentalist motive. Seems promising

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I'm wondering if the girl Thor should be on the thread or should have her own.
    We have a thread for all the Ghost Riders, for all the Black Panthers, etc. This can either be "all characters named Thor" or it can be specifically about Thor Odinson. Either works.

I think I'd prefer to keep them together, simply to prevent too much overlap in conversation, but either way should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    We have a thread for all the Ghost Riders, for all the Black Panthers, etc. This can either be "all characters named Thor" or it can be specifically about Thor Odinson. Either works.

I think I'd prefer to keep them together, simply to prevent too much overlap in conversation, but either way should be fine.
    This is perhaps the most depressing aspect of this "female Thor" is that it reduces his actual given name to a title.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post

Okay, but if its an appreciation thread isn't it supposed to be positive? Personally I am not looking forward to the new character. I am good with folks having a thread where they talk about how great she is, but I'm not sure I want to read it
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    This is perhaps the most depressing aspect of this "female Thor" is that it reduces his actual given name to a title.
    I agree with this. Im not against the upcoming storyline with the mystery female Thor, in fact Im looking forward to see the whole thing unravel. But the name/title semantics about it irk me to no end.

I'm really excited to see the new female Thor. I'm definitely going to pick up the title and hope it will be awesome! I'd love to see her in a fight with Wonder Woman, think that would be awesome! Is she going to be a part of any avengers teams or things like that?