Page 14 of 354 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

and Lady Thor and inverted Loki, cus it was funny, to round things out. I will be back on Wednesday with that double page spread, with caption and AR logo removed

ps. I will also totally turn that panel of thor riding a goat into a wallpaper when Thor #1 hits, too. but as with the double page spread, all the images I have found of it so far have been too small.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-12-2014 at 11:43 PM.

what will happen to "Odinson" when the new Thor takes over? Will NuThor get to be an Avenger right off the bat? (or, hammer?)

BANNED

It does seem, at least from the covers (which I know can be quite shifty) that Loki is going back to his "true" bad ways which I hope I am wrong for assuming as I like his direction at this time (he also looks older again).
    Interesting that Odin cannot lift the hammer either. I love a good mystery (who the woman is, what was "said" to Thor to make him unworthy, how his arm is lost), but I really hope it does not drag on for too long. Leave it stretch out and it always seems disappointing at the end.
    I wonder if Thor is really the son of the Serpent?...just a lob out there.
    Last edited by Daymare; 09-13-2014 at 09:03 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    It does seem, at least from the covers (which I know can be quite shifty) that Loki is going back to his "true" bad ways which I hope I am wrong for assuming as I like his direction at this time (he also looks older again).
    Interesting that Odin cannot lift the hammer either. I love a good mystery (who the woman is, what was "said" to Thor to make him unworthy, how his arm is lost), but I really hope it does not drag on for too long. Leave it stretch out and it always seems disappointing at the end.
    Could it be Future Loki?

Extraordinary Member

Loki should be bad.

no he shouldn't, he's been WAY more interesting the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    I don't think he is going bad again. For one, if you are talking about that alternate cover, that was clearly 'future' Loki. Making main Loki evil again would pretty much ruin his current solo book, and the entire message of his whole redemption arc. I don't think Marvel would do that, especially now that they have TWO of him running around, one of which is gleefully evil. They don't need the main one to go bad as well since they can just use King Loki for all their evil Loki needs. Also, while most of the people on that double page spread are bad guys, not ALL of them are. They may be antagonists, and I am sure he will come into conflict with the new Thor in some way, but there is a big difference between antagonist and villain. Also, if you read the Axis solicits, specifically the one for Axis #6, then put that together with this image which has a new costume quite likely designed by Esad Ribic (it definitely has his design sensibilities)... I think he is actually joining the Avengers during/after Axis, (with some other ex villains, like Magneto) and that is his costume for Astonishing Avengers, which is rumored to be drawn by Esad Ribic.

I don't think the secret can be related to his parentage, otherwise someone like Steve Rogers or whoever else would never be able to lift it, and you would think that if it was tied to whose blood flowed through your veins, the hammer would be able to pick up on that even if you had been lied to. It has to be something that will affect him on an emotional level in such a way that it's those emotions that make him unworthy. That's the only way a whispered secret makes sense, which is why I think the 'crime that will not be forgiven' which has been foreshadowed for a while now makes the most sense.

Spectacular Member

Interesting that Odin cannot lift the hammer either.
    Where was this shown? It really makes no sense that a hammer that Odin enchanted cannot be lifted by him. This is one of the plot holes of Jurgen's run (and a few other stories)--when Thor inherits the Odin Power, he could easily control the enchantment that was placed on Mjolnir. So lifting it should not be an issue.

BANNED

Just read #25. Good stuff, but what was really interesting was Jason Aaron's hammergram. It seems like lady Thor is the second act of a major epic he has in the works.

spoilers:
    Not just the War of Realms (which this issue reveals will force Thor to do something he doesn't like talking about) but the matter of Lauffey and an unfinished spell...
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Thor in Avengers Age of Ultron (2015) Movie Comic Con Poster

BANNED

BANNED

The dark world by Florbe

BANNED

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by thorki View Post
    IMO, Thor works best with gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    New Thor vs Hulk art by Leandro Matos
    Never heard of the artist but he's damn good! Does he do commisions? FB?