Page 15 of 354 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thorki View Post
    What was this ad for? Which mini-series? Do you know what Marvel issues it appeared in?
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Astonishing Member

Two of Thor's allies:

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Aegis View Post
    What was this ad for? Which mini-series? Do you know what Marvel issues it appeared in?
    Dark Reign.

BANNED

The marvel character Thor Odinson has my appreciation because I liked the way he was introduced in JIM 83 in 1962.
    My liking of the character increased 10-fold when in 1983, marvel comics revealed that his biological mom is non other then Jord aka Gaea, the all-mother of Midgard aka Earth!

Father : Odin, all-father of Asgard
    Mother : Jord, all-mother of Midgard

I LOVED his line in every episode of Avengers : earth's mightiest heroes when he exclaims his battlecry : FOR MIDGAAAARRRRRD!!!!!
    It made so much sense to me since he battles in the defense of his mother's world.

For more then 50 years of his comicbook existence the Mighty Thor has been a hero worthy of Mjolnir. Being aware of this as a reader, I, to this day, find it unreasonable that Thor would become unworthy because of what the original Nick Furry whispered in his ear.

That is way Thordis doesn't warrant my support in 2015 and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    The marvel character Thor Odinson has my appreciation because I liked the way he was introduced in JIM 83 in 1962.
    My liking of the character increased 10-fold when in 1983, marvel comics revealed that his biological mom is non other then Jord aka Gaea, the all-mother of Midgard aka Earth!

Father : Odin, all-father of Asgard
    Mother : Jord, all-mother of Midgard

I LOVED his line in every episode of Avengers : earth's mightiest heroes when he exclaims his battlecry : FOR MIDGAAAARRRRRD!!!!!
    It made so much sense to me since he battles in the defense of his mother's world.

For more then 50 years of his comicbook existence the Mighty Thor has been a hero worthy of Mjolnir. Being aware of this as a reader, I, to this day, find it unreasonable that Thor would become unworthy because of what the original Nick Furry whispered in his ear.

That is way Thordis doesn't warrant my support in 2015 and beyond.
    If I want to be honest I kind of wish Jord was just Jord and not another alias of Gaea. Actually I kind of wish they just made Gaea stay with the Greek pantheon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jazzflower92 View Post
    If I want to be honest I kind of wish Jord was just Jord and not another alias of Gaea. Actually I kind of wish they just made Gaea stay with the Greek pantheon.
    Having witnessed in the 21st century that marvel comics does not give a damn about what creators established in the 20th century, Secret Wars is the pefect way to crap all over this to me marvelous revelation.

Horryfying to read the very notion of the marvel character Gaea to be exclusive to the Greek pantheon but something that has a strong chance to become true since, as stated before, marvel comics does not give a damn about what creators established in the 20th century

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    That's wonderful Juan. Thanks for posting.
    "Self has no time for this."

Having witnessed in the 21st century that marvel comics does not give a damn about what creators established in the 20th century, Secret Wars is the pefect way to crap all over this to me marvelous revelation.

Horryfying to read the very notion of the marvel character Gaea to be exclusive to the Greek pantheon but something that has a strong chance to become true since, as stated before, marvel comics does not give a damn about what creators established in the 20th century
    How about if they do retcon it that the Gaea and all the other mother earth characters would actually be sisters who were elder gods. It would also make the Norse family tree less needlessly tangled because unlike the other pantheons the Norse gods actually had a taboo against incest. If I want to be honest I actually find it rather creepy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jazzflower92 View Post
    How about if they do retcon it that the Gaea and all the other mother earth characters would actually be sisters who were elder gods. It would also make the Norse family tree less needlessly tangled because unlike the other pantheons the Norse gods actually had a taboo against incest. If I want to be honest I actually find it rather creepy.
    Uh, the marvel character Gaea IS all the other mother earth characters. She appears in whatever form she wants with a name that goes with that guise.
    Also, Oshtur is the only other elder goddess, I know, who is Gaea's sister.
    Set and Chton are brothers of Gaea and Oshtur Oshtur is also The Bright Lady the spiritual mother of Ororo Munroe STORM

Incest ? Do you mean there is a marvel story that revealed that Gaea and Thor had a child together?

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Two of Thor's allies
    And two of his lovers .

I just love that Noto cover with Sif sizing up female Thor .
    Last edited by Frontier; 01-02-2015 at 01:01 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Yes.... that's a keeper.

Uh, the marvel character Gaea IS all the other mother earth characters. She appears in whatever form she wants with a name that goes with that guise.
    Also, Oshtur is the only other elder goddess, I know, who is Gaea's sister.
    Set and Chton are brothers of Gaea and Oshtur Oshtur is also The Bright Lady the spiritual mother of Ororo Munroe STORM

Incest ? Do you mean there is a marvel story that revealed that Gaea and Thor had a child together?
    I kind of want it retconned that Gaea is all the other mother earth characters.

BANNED