Page 150 of 354 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 5304
    BANNED

But the magic of the hammer is said to be what's driving the chemo from Jane's body, preventing it from being cured. Why doesn't it do the same for the cancer that is harming her?

Okay, you've got me there.

BANNED

I'm sure the question has probably been answered in the book but I'm not reading it. What is it about the cancer that the hammer doesn't destroy it out of Jane's body when she becomes Thor?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    But the magic of the hammer is said to be what's driving the chemo from Jane's body, preventing it from being cured. Why doesn't it do the same for the cancer that is harming her?

If I think of this from a semi logic approach

The chemo drugs are removed coz their foreign to thors form, as essentially is the cancer

Once human she reverts to as was with the cancer coz it's part of her, a bit like don blakes mobility issues iirc

The drugs are not part of her so once removed stay out

Least that's how it works for me

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    my biggest problem is this

Odin put down Thor like Bruce Lee putting down a High School teenager.

Jane on the other hand can actually fight Odin.

I'm still waiting for some answer to this.

did Odin got depowered somewhere??? did I miss some comic issue???
    That is one of many problems with Aaron's run. I looked at that issue when it came out. I wasn't pleased.

I'm sure the question has probably been answered in the book but I'm not reading it. What is it about the cancer that the hammer doesn't destroy it out of Jane's body when she becomes Thor?
    I don't know but they don't need the hammer to cure her. If someone new his shit then Odin could have turned her into a valkyrie or have Idun gift her with a apple of immortality. The Odin bit would require him not to be turned into a piece of shit though.

I think it's because the hammer's "awakened," so it's less Jane and more the Mother Storm powering her up or doing stuff on it's own that's taking Odin out.

Of course I doubt Aaron thought too much of it beyond just having Jane beat Odin who he's posited as caricature of the patriarchy his run has been about tearing down.

BANNED

It's been answered.

Jane had help from the God Tempest, which itself was able to fight Odin for days on end in the past.

It was laughing during Jane's battle against Odin, and Thor was further amped by super storms in vicinity of the fight.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 08-05-2017 at 05:53 PM.

BANNED

This "mother storm" sounds like a big phat plot device to push this political narrative along.

BANNED

This "mother storm" sounds like a big phat plot device to push this political narrative along.
    Eh, sure. If that's your take.

I'm not going to try and convince any of you that you should think the comic is good, or that you should find the explanations given in the comic to be acceptable, but the comic has provided answers.

BANNED

I'll accept the answers. Even if some don't make sense. I don't have to like them to accept them either, especially when the wizard behind the curtain has long since shown his motivations to be less than honorable, in my opinion.

But if you can help me with the question of why the hammer doesn't cure Jane's cancer I'd appreciate it. That's something I feel like I've seen or heard answered but I can't recall for the life of me.

BANNED

But if you can help me with the question of why the hammer doesn't cure Jane's cancer I'd appreciate it. That's something I feel like I've seen or heard answered but I can't recall for the life of me.
    The same reason Donald Blake's leg wasn't healed, which is what Aaron is drawing from.

Longstanding afflictions aren't healed as a result of a using Mjolnir, and Jane had cancer for a while before she became Thor. The cancer exists within her, while chemo is an ongoing process.

The transformation burns away the chemo in her body because it is treated as a toxic intrusion, while the cancer is part of her.

Mighty Thor #1 sums it after Jane's first transformation in the issue.

BANNED

Alright. Got it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    It's been answered.

Jane had help from the God Tempest, which itself was able to fight Odin for days on end in the past.

It was laughing during Jane's battle against Odin, and Thor was further amped by super storms in vicinity of the fight.

From what's been shown this storm is fairly powerful but it's not more than a skyfather

sure it's strong and could have caught him off guard but no way it put him down for the count he's gone 1-1 with galactus

This is a very poor rendering of odin forcing a "bad guy" onto him that simply hasn't been there in the past

He might have been a git at times but he was so to everyone - his son most of all

Imo it's just shifting his character to push the perspective of jane they wanted to sell

I would add I like Jane with the hammer just not how thor and odin have been reconstructed to sell it imo

Odin should have gone got the destroyer armour himself, picked up his odin sword and knocked seven bells out of this storm and reminded it what a skyfather is and why it shud have left asgard alone
    Last edited by kilderkin; 08-05-2017 at 07:31 PM.

So, back when I started reading comics, I did so because I picked up The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1 on a whim. The next time I went into the comic store, I decided to try another book. The one that caught my eye was Thor #1, the first issue featuring Jane-Thor and I have been hooked to the book ever since. I love Jane as a character, and how her struggle with cancer has been added into the story. Plus the world of Thor is fascinating, I love the 'fantasy' side of the MU and this was my first taste of it. Its made me a fan of Jason Aaron, who is one of my favorite Marvel writers now. I have been reading his pre-Jane Thor stories recently, and while I prefer the Jane-Thor stuff, its a great read too.

I just hope that they do not just kill off Jane and have Odinson go back to being Thor as if nothing will happen. I mean yeah, he will probably get Mjolnir back some time, but I just hope Jane-Thor still exists in some way, be it with another hammer under a new allies etc. Although figuring out a way to get rid of Jane's cancer in a sensitive manner is not a feat I am envious off...

Speaking of other hammers, I love the fact that it was Volstagg who became the War Thor, and the reasoning behind it was well done. The whole 'War of the Realms' is very dark, which fits the theme well. I liked the hints in the last issue that his kinda 'fighting back' against what he has become, will be interesting to see if his going to carry on or given up the hammer sooner rather then later.