Page 166 of 354 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 5304
    BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!!!

..and happy birthday John Romita Jr.!!!
    http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....ohn_romita_jr/

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Jason Aaron is know for changing and retconning things to fit his story (not just Thor, he retconned the entire origin of Ghost Rider as well). So IŽd rather have someone else on Fantastic Four, they donŽt need AaronŽs retcon-y hands on them, a good writer tells his story with the elements established within the universe, a good writer doesnŽt change and retcon the core of a character for his story to work.
    FF are coming back???

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Instead of saying "A woman Thor?" he should have said "Liar! Thor is my name."

Instead, the way it's worded puts the emphasis on sex when the debate is not merely about Thor being a woman. It's reframing the argument to make it about sexism when it's beyond that. Once again, Marvel is being completely disingenuous because they can't stand being questioned and they hate the fans that don't worship the ground they walk on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Instead of saying "A woman Thor?" he should have said "Liar! Thor is my name."

Instead, the way it's worded puts the emphasis on sex when the debate is not merely about Thor being a woman. It's reframing the argument to make it about sexism when it's beyond that. Once again, Marvel is being completely disingenuous because they can't stand being questioned and they hate the fans that don't worship the ground they walk on.
    One could say, once again people are focusing too keenly on what they want to believe about Marvel and their attitude, instead of reading the story being presented. The last thing he is gong to focus on is the idea that the person in front of him is somehow stealing his name. That would be projecting an issue that shouldn't be a problem. The surprise of another Thor turning up who is clearly a feminine aspect of him, is literally staring him in the face. You think he is going to worry about the name? Or immediately jump to the idea that she is an imposter? He is exclaiming about what he is seeing. Other questions may arise, let's judge the story when we read it.

BANNED

I want to give them the benefit of the doubt but they've burned me before with that Thor vs Titania and Creed battle. So forgive me if my expectations of them are too low.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I want to give them the benefit of the doubt but they've burned me before with that Thor vs Titania and Creed battle. So forgive me if my expectations of them are too low.
    I really don't want to open up that can of worms again, so I will simply reiterate that the scene was clearly an attempt at light relief. I can see how it might have backfired by many people's reactions, but it was less editorial comment than a tongue in cheek dig. I really don't think it was meant to be taken that seriously. I think Aaron was genuinely surprised by some fan reactions and was seeking to lighten the mood. Whether he succeeded or not is clearly debatable.

Yeah, just from that preview alone I don't expect I'll enjoy this issue .

I think Aaron is still mocking fans for objecting to his writing of Odinson. The Architects tend to be a bit like that.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Actually, he would naturally be shocked to see a woman Thor. He points out that she has his hammer, the one that his father promised him. So to him this is a case of either his dad screwing with him or someone trying to impersonate him. Also remember this is young Thor, the one that was still a teen by all accounts. In his mind, no one but him should be Thor, and he'd probably react the same if War Thor showed up. "A Red haired thor? Ridiculous!"

I don't think this is Aaron digging at anyone, it pretty much is a genuine reaction from this early version of Thor, he doesn't think anyone but him should hold that hammer. This isn't older, more matured, Thor, this is bratty, "here hold my beer" Thor, who thinks that he can't be beat by anyone and gets annoyed by others doubting him and such. Remember his hubris was what caused Daddy to throw him into being Donald Blake to teach him a lesson, and this is before that, since he doesn't even have the hammer yet. So yeah, this Thor is going to react with "WTF" when he sees a female form of himself. Or who he thinks is himself, he hasn't met Jane yet.

BANNED

Jason Aaron is too damned smart to not understand the ambiguity of the intent in the words Thor Odinson spoke. It was deliberately phrased to leave room for perceptive people to recognize the jab, and for others to not see anything at all. He could have said ANY NUMBER of things but NO, he chose to have him repeat the argument that they're claiming people are making - that "a woman Thor" is "ridiculous". How stupid does he believe we are?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Actually, he would naturally be shocked to see a woman Thor. He points out that she has his hammer, the one that his father promised him. So to him this is a case of either his dad screwing with him or someone trying to impersonate him. Also remember this is young Thor, the one that was still a teen by all accounts. In his mind, no one but him should be Thor, and he'd probably react the same if War Thor showed up. "A Red haired thor? Ridiculous!"

I don't think this is Aaron digging at anyone, it pretty much is a genuine reaction from this early version of Thor, he doesn't think anyone but him should hold that hammer. This isn't older, more matured, Thor, this is bratty, "here hold my beer" Thor, who thinks that he can't be beat by anyone and gets annoyed by others doubting him and such. Remember his hubris was what caused Daddy to throw him into being Donald Blake to teach him a lesson, and this is before that, since he doesn't even have the hammer yet. So yeah, this Thor is going to react with "WTF" when he sees a female form of himself. Or who he thinks is himself, he hasn't met Jane yet.
    Except that Thor was never really seen as bratty. You needed a scene or two to justify the whole Blake-was-always-Thor recon, but in fact in the Tales of Asgard backups Thor wasn't shown as bratty at all, iirc. Aaron has portrayed young Thor like that but he wasn't shown that way before.

BANNED

I don't remember Aaron's young Thor dressing that way. He didn't wear a helmet and cape, did he?