Page 171 of 354 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 5304

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    So Odin & Phoenix Force had sex? Man no wonder why he's a dick I'd be in an eternal shitty mood too if my dick was set on fire. Joking aside thought this Generations issue was pretty good. More of the same with Aarons run but I'm like one of the few here who has been enjoying the run so That's on me.
    Aaron even slipped in some sly innuendo. Very saga like.

I liked it as well, and don't have a problem with the Odin/Phoenix thing. He's many, many years old, and this apparently happened around a million years ago, likely before his other wives entered the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I liked it as well, and don't have a problem with the Odin/Phoenix thing. He's many, many years old, and this apparently happened around a million years ago, likely before his other wives entered the picture.
    Indeed it is solid setup for an insight into Odin that we have never had. The idea that he was very like Thor in his own way and that his relationship with Bor is history repeating itself is really nice. And this seems to be a straightforward history rather than messing around with 'Ragnarok Cycles' like the Fraction minis. That in itself is a welcome thing.

I think I'm kind of done with Aaron's take on young Thor.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think I'm kind of done with Aaron's take on young Thor.

I find it a very blunt and bland version but that's not uncommon with young thor generally imo

I did find some of the script was leading and pushing a specific view that they want thor to have to reinforce jane which I think doesn't help either character and isn't needed by either character

Spectacular Member

I love it.
    The character i want to survive IF the most is thor because he seems to just get good in the mcu. I do want cap or tony to die because they got their franchise good.
    Black widow will also be a waste to kill and also hulk and clint. I can only see the big hitters die and maybe drax or nebula or gamora from the guardians side.

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!!!

The Mighty Thor

by Jack "King" Kirby

BANNED

I find it interesting that Aaron had Odin practically worshiping Phoenix like she was some kind of capital "G" Goddess even to him. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I find it interesting that Aaron had Odin practically worshiping Phoenix like she was some kind of capital "G" Goddess even to him. SMH
    The Phoenix is way above Odin in Hierarchy though, Phoenix force users have been known to beat Galactus, and hold conversations as equals with death and infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    The Phoenix is way above Odin in Hierarchy though, Phoenix force users have been known to beat Galactus, and hold conversations as equals with death and infinity.
    Well that may not be as clear cut as we might think. The myth we have been told about the Mother of Storms suggests a comparable elemental power. Although The Phoenix is not specifically elemental fire, we have no reason to think of the Mother of Storms to be specifically elemental air either. It is possible the two are being set up as equal and opposite. For example we have seen the storm transform into a human form, just as The Phoenix transformed into a likeness of Jean.

If this is the scheme that Aaron is working to, then Odin with the Odinforce may be evenly matched with each of them. Of course we still haven't been told the full story of how the Mother of Storms ended up in Mjölnir or indeed why. We just have a version written in a book. Lots of things don't quite add up with that story.

Why, for example does the Myth suggest the storm was placed into Mjölnir at its creation? That has always seemed suspect. So much so, many here cried foul that it was a retcon too far. I strongly suspect it isn't true.

Now we have a story coming up that seems to suggest a time when Odin wielded Mjölnir, but wasn't the All-Father, and wouldn't have had the Odinforce. So perhaps this proves the myth wrong. Maybe Odin only defeated the storm with the help of The Phoenix. Who can tell? But things have never been simple and clear cut in this run.

The cosy notion of the 'Mother Storm' as a helper of Jane is also contradicted in Thor #3. There Mother Storm is worshipped by the Jotnari, much as The Phoenix is worshipped by the Shi'ar. It is seen as the strengthener of their race, 'scouring away... weakness' and is used to select the strongest, in a parallel to The Phoenix being a force of evolution. Notably Skrymir of the Jotnari claims that 'the winds do not blow as they once did,' which would make sense if Storm Mother is no longer immanent.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-25-2017 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    originally, all Cosmic Entities were afraid of the Phoenix and was said by Uato to be second only to the One Above All when she is at full power.

obviously, they will retcon everything so Phoenix will be trash.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    obviously, they will retcon everything so Phoenix will be trash.
    I doubt that very much. Why even suggest it? The Phoenix, must be THE most retconned entity in the MU anyway, so there is an unlimited scope for how it can be used, but at no point so far have we been led to believe it is anything other than awesome in power and scope.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I doubt that very much. Why even suggest it? The Phoenix, must be THE most retconned entity in the MU anyway, so there is an unlimited scope for how it can be used, but at no point so far have we been led to believe it is anything other than awesome in power and scope.
    yeah, she got so low to the point where she had a boner for a lowly God.

now I need a shocking reveal that Thor is the son of the Phoenix.