Page 174 of 354 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 5304
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    its not just Aaron.

female characters grew a LOT over the years.

Angela had some potential.

then she turned gay, SJW crap.
    She did? Not even BI? Just straight gay, huh? Interesting. Well, it's not like being gay strips her of potential. There has to be more to it than that. I haven't been keeping up with her so I don't know what's going on with her now. I heard she became queen of Hel and that's about it. Seems kind of weird to unseat Hela like that but if it makes for a good story I'm down with it. I'm just not into Angela. Maybe I'll look up her appearances later and get caught up. She might grow on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    She did? Not even BI? Just straight gay, huh? Interesting. Well, it's not like being gay strips her of potential. There has to be more to it than that. I haven't been keeping up with her so I don't know what's going on with her now. I heard she became queen of Hel and that's about it. Seems kind of weird to unseat Hela like that but if it makes for a good story I'm down with it. I'm just not into Angela. Maybe I'll look up her appearances later and get caught up. She might grow on me.
    she became the Queen and left the throne for Balder I think.

Hela is into Thanos now.

personally, I was looking forward for Angela and Thor bonding, you know, big sister and little brother.

but no, Thor is irrelevant now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    its not just Aaron.

female characters grew a LOT over the years.

Angela had some potential.

then she turned gay, SJW crap.
    Btw, you should be careful how you use "SJW". From what I have observed, people have equated the use of "SJW" to bigoted rhetoric spewed by cisgender, white heterosexual males who hate minorities. I think I know what you mean but if I just read what is plainly typed, that post does seem anti-LGBT. You have to pay painstaking attention to detailed in what you type so that it can't be construed that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Btw, you should be careful how you use "SJW". From what I have observed, people have equated the use of "SJW" to bigoted rhetoric spewed by cisgender, white heterosexual males who hate minorities. I think I know what you mean but if I just read what is plainly typed, that post does seem anti-LGBT. You have to pay painstaking attention to detailed in what you type so that it can't be construed that way.
    thanks for the warning.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Finally got around to finishing Thor: God of Thunder and man of man is it amazing!

I am really digging Aaron's take on Asgardian myth and legend, I wonder if he is going to touch on Necro-Galactus at all?

Also Young Thor riding a COSMIC SHARK!? What a book, and Ribic's art is a thing of beauty, if I could ever get my hand on oversized paged I would put it on my walls.

Does Aaron's future volumes carry the same level of quality (and please no OMG Thor is a wOmun! comments). I've seen some covers of the Goddess of Thunder battling Shiar gods which looks dope.
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 08-29-2017 at 03:13 PM.

Is Thor Girl still around? Isn't she like female Thor lite? Have they met?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Finally got around to finishing Thor: God of Thunder and man of man is it amazing!

I am really digging Aaron's take on Asgardian myth and legend, I wonder if he is going to touch on Necro-Galactus at all?

Also Young Thor riding a COSMIC SHARK!? What a book, and Ribic's art is a thing of beauty, if I could ever get my hand on oversized paged I would put it on my walls.

Does Aaron's future volumes carry the same level of quality (and please no OMG Thor is a wOmun! comments). I've seen some covers of the Goddess of Thunder battling Shiar gods which looks dope.
    The God Butcher/Godbomb arc is really good, but the next two arcs are disappointing imo; Ribic doesn't draw the next arc (though returns for the arc after) and Aaron in my opinion looks down on Thor as a barbarian and it shows in his writing. The Jane-as-Thor stuff that I have read is much more compelling, Aaron obviously having a much higher regard for the character than for the original Thor, but boy does he try to push the idea of Thor as an unsophisticated over-privileged misogynist - very disappointing for fans of the character. I guess you could try the next arc, and if you don't like it try picking up the first Jane arc which, like I said, Aaron seems much more comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    The God Butcher/Godbomb arc is really good, but the next two arcs are disappointing imo; Ribic doesn't draw the next arc (though returns for the arc after) and Aaron in my opinion looks down on Thor as a barbarian and it shows in his writing. The Jane-as-Thor stuff that I have read is much more compelling, Aaron obviously having a much higher regard for the character than for the original Thor, but boy does he try to push the idea of Thor as an unsophisticated over-privileged misogynist - very disappointing for fans of the character. I guess you could try the next arc, and if you don't like it try picking up the first Jane arc which, like I said, Aaron seems much more comfortable with.
    Cool, thanks for the response.

From the God Butcher arc it seemed like he was having a lot of fun writing young Thor as a brash impulsive ass (which I really liked too), I read in a interview that he likes to toy with the idea of "Worthiness," I wonder if that is why he made Thor Unworthy.

I'll definitely check out the first Jane arc. Do you think Aaron is going to end his run after the "Death of Thor" arc?

No, I think he'll keep going.

I should have mentioned the Unworthy Thor trade; superb Coipel art, though a story which doesn't come to much. Google the title to get a look at the art, it is very nice.

I should have mentioned the Unworthy Thor trade; superb Coipel art, though a story which doesn't come to much. Google the title to get a look at the art, it is very nice.
    Ohh, I love me some Coipel. His run with Strazynski was amazing. Will check it out.

Astonishing Member

Yeah I agree

It started well but in the end amounted to nothing that the war thor didn't null and secret empire didn't ignore imo

BANNED

I've found that his Thor work has continued to improve since GOT.

I would rank Mighty Thor higher than GOT, and 'Thor' on par with GOT, although it is essentially a eight issue prologue to Mighty Thor.

BANNED

Cool, thanks for the response.

From the God Butcher arc it seemed like he was having a lot of fun writing young Thor as a brash impulsive ass (which I really liked too), I read in a interview that he likes to toy with the idea of "Worthiness," I wonder if that is why he made Thor Unworthy.

I'll definitely check out the first Jane arc. Do you think Aaron is going to end his run after the "Death of Thor" arc?
    I LOVED the female Thor when this whole thing started. I still have her as my avatar on my tumblr account. Probably gonna change it one day but I'm too lazy. I fell out of love with his story shortly after the mystery ended because, in my opinion, the underlying narrative that he wanted to tell was beginning to feel forced and heavy handed - and it was one that I didn't agree with. Aaron can write his ass off, but like Panic said he has some ways that might get under the reader's skin, depending on how the reader feel about the matters he deals with. You might enjoy the whole "mystery" that he had formed around the secret identity of the female Thor, but pay attention to what she says when she comes face to face with Dario Agger. He asks Thor a question that she answers "Yes" to when it should have been a "No."

For all I know, you might love everything this series has to offer. There's nothing objectively flawed with it, I guess. The art won't disappoint either, in my opinion. I love Dauterman's art probably just as much as Ribic's. Ribic drew a more epic Thor but Dauterman's art is gorgeous in general.