Page 177 of 354 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227277 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 5304

No, this is a common complaint about Aaron's run for many in this thread.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Okay finally finished the first volume with Jane Thor and I am about 12 issues in for the second volume, I completely understand where you are coming from. Why is Thor all of a sudden so incompetent, he gets is arm lopped off, when in the previous volume he took on one of his greatest villains (The God Butcher). I understand he no longer has Mjolnir, but when he is shown during his young viking days he is wrecking shop.

Why is Odin written like such a tool and why if Freyja written so out of character? When did the become so antagonistic toward one another (almost to the point where she is put to death)? When did civil strife enter Asgardia? I mean everybody seemed so cool a few issues ago and then al of a sudden Odin is a despot?

I do however like the use of Cul Borson, I really appreciate how Aaron picks up on old plot points.

I am still going to continue to read the series because it is enjoyable, it's just that because I read everything within the span of a couple of weeks Aaron's run has very inconsistent characterization.

Am I wrong have I misread something?
    Well, that's part of what I meant about Thor (Odinson) turning into a sad sack of **** suddenly. It completely put me off for things to happen the way they did. lol. But what do I know? I'm just a misogynist. I honestly hope you enjoy the rest of the story. Seriously.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Well, that's part of what I meant about Thor (Odinson) turning into a sad sack of **** suddenly. It completely put me off for things to happen the way they did. lol. But what do I know? I'm just a misogynist. I honestly hope you enjoy the rest of the story. Seriously.
    I really love the exploration of Thor's universe and the expansion of the mythology especially with all of the other gods, my only beef is with the characterization in spots that swing wildly. I really like Aaron and I really love how he made Thor epic again (both Thor and Jane). I also love the deep dive into the other realms and not solely be focused on Midgard, which gives the book a real stand alone feeling and doesn't suffer from crossover shenanigans.

I do however hope that the story dovetails into a stellar ending, because Aaron's run has been one of the longer Thor runs and I would like to see the story end in the way the author meant and not be derailed for whatever reason (i.e. him leaving because of artistic reasons, corporate forcing his hand to bring Thor back for MCU reasons). So, I am hoping for a announcement that after Death of Jane Foster arc that he will wrap up his War of Realms story.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I do however hope that the story dovetails into a stellar ending, because Aaron's run has been one of the longer Thor runs and I would like to see the story end in the way the author meant and not be derailed for whatever reason (i.e. him leaving because of artistic reasons, corporate forcing his hand to bring Thor back for MCU reasons). So, I am hoping for a announcement that after Death of Jane Foster arc that he will wrap up his War of Realms story.
    I'm fairly sure that Aaron has more in mind than just the War of Realms story to do. For starters it is been foreshadowed a coupe of times that Loki is the 'biggest bad' that Odinson will have to face - I imagine that to be the climax of Aaron's run. There are also some more minor things that Aaron intends to explore such as his two sons. Also there is the Chekov's Gun to deal with (aka Roz Solomon). Personally I'd like him to write a couple of years worth of Odinson as Thor stories - I'd feel a bit jibbed if he didn't.

But as you say there might be other factors which get in the way of it happening.
    Last edited by WaxHawk; 09-04-2017 at 08:06 PM. Reason: there/their

Yeah, like Loki actually being otherwise occupied - he's the villain in Doctor Strange's Legacy story arc, he's going to be the new Sorcerer Supreme.

BANNED

Yeah, old Thor mentioned Roz Solomon as if she was really important so I'm hoping that wasn't just another red herring to keep us guessing if she was female Thor or not.

Yeah, old Thor mentioned Roz Solomon as if she was really important so I'm hoping that wasn't just another red herring to keep us guessing if she was female Thor or not.
    she is another Thor better than OG Thor...

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WaxHawk View Post
    I'm fairly sure that Aaron has more in mind than just the War of Realms story to do. For starters it is been foreshadowed a coupe of times that Loki is the 'biggest bad' that Odinson will have to face - I imagine that to be the climax of Aaron's run. There are also some more minor things that Aaron intends to explore such as his two sons. Also there is the Chekov's Gun to deal with (aka Roz Solomon). Personally I'd like him to write a couple of years worth of Odinson as Thor stories - I'd feel a bit jibbed if he didn't.

But as you say there might be other factors which get in the way of it happening.
    Ohh, I must have missed the tease for Loki as the big bad, but I thought they were moving away from Loki being a villain and him being the God of Stories? I did however pick up on the Avengers 1 Million hints which were cool and now seeing it come to fruition is pretty awesome, luckily Aaron doesn't throw around to many dangling plot points (unlike some writers).

I do really enjoy his run, but for me I really like tightly written stories from writers and not overly long runs (I'm looking at you Slott). Think about how tight God Butcher was I mean it was one of the best runs of Thor ever in my eyes, the second best was JMS' however that got derailed which was so infuriating and that is something I do not want for this run.

Astonishing Member

I don't think he's playing a villain. That's the perception because it's Loki after all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    she is another Thor better than OG Thor...
    I wouldn't mind her being better than OG (original gangster) Thor as long as she earns it through years of training and experience. None of this, "It's my first time using Mjolnir and I'm already better than the guy who's used it in battle for ages! Weeeeee!"

I wouldn't mind her being better than OG (original gangster) Thor as long as she earns it through years of training and experience. None of this, "It's my first time using Mjolnir and I'm already better than the guy who's used it in battle for ages! Weeeeee!"
    everybody is Thor lately.

fucking War Thor seems more OP than OG Thor.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    everybody is Thor lately.

fucking War Thor seems more OP than OG Thor.
    War Thor doesn't seem to have control of how he should act, vengeance seems to drive him. He is the Punisher Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    War Thor doesn't seem to have control of how he should act, vengeance seems to drive him. He is the Punisher Thor.
    he can be driven sexually for all I care.

BANNED

From Mighty Thor #700

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Uncle Walt is back! Yeah baby!!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor