Page 179 of 354 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 5304

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    That was a dumb name when Wonder Man used it.
    It's good to know that they'll be there, but I still wish the films had used them more or more effectively.

Also wish Sif could've been the love interest of this movie...

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    If something like that is what happens, it'll be because Marvel wants to focus on the Thor that's been more successful in recent years.

Aaron may want to finish telling the story he set out tell, but from business perspective, Marvel might want to keep the Thor that's gotten an Eisner nomination more recently, and has seen superior sales.

With digital sales included, Jane's Thor #1 is possibly the best selling Thor comic ever, and probably the best selling Thor comic since the rise of the direct market.

It makes sense for them to make her the face of the Thor franchise going forward.
    One of the huge selling point in the Mighty Thor run is Aaron. I for example prefer Odinson over Jane. The reason why I keep reading The Mighty Thor is A) The book is good; B) Aaron is really good and seems to know where he is going with the story; C) Aaron said several time that despite what it looks like, he is telling the same story he was telling at the beginning of T-GoT, Odinson was the main character when it started, now it's Jane, but when he ends who knows? Actually you can even say that in Thor, Odinson was still the main character, since so much of it was following him, only in Mighty Thor #1 Jane took the role of sole protagonist.

If when Aaron finishes what he have planed for Jane, let's say that both Odinson and her, each one get a book. Let's call it Thor Odinson and Jane Thor, I would read Odinson regardless, Jane would depend on who is writing it, if it's Aaron, yes; if it's Bendis, no; if it's Warren Ellis, yes; if it's Waid, maybe; if it's Tom King, yes, if it's Nick Spencer, no.

Basically, that is no way to tell what character is more successful until both of then get their own comic at the same time, even better if both of then is written by the same author. I would go for Odinson, you I imagine would go for Jane, the other thousands of readers, I have no idea.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 09-08-2017 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    lol Revengers.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    One of the huge selling point in the Mighty Thor run is Aaron.
    I think Aaron breathed some new life into the comic but I think the biggest selling point has been the consistently high-quality of art on the book. With a few exceptions, the art has been good-to-great since Aaron started his run. If not for the likes of Coipel, Ribic, and Dauterman, I don't think this run would be nearly as highly regarded.

Quote Originally Posted by pugbuddy View Post
    I think Aaron breathed some new life into the comic but I think the biggest selling point has been the consistently high-quality of art on the book. With a few exceptions, the art has been good-to-great since Aaron started his run. If not for the likes of Coipel, Ribic, and Dauterman, I don't think this run would be nearly as highly regarded.
    You're right, the reason why I pick Thor - God of Thunder in the first place was because of the art. Aaron can be what keep me reading but the artwork is a huge point in bringing new readers.

Niffleheim

You're right, the reason why I pick Thor - God of Thunder in the first place was because of the art. Aaron can be what keep me reading but the artwork is a huge point in bringing new readers.
    Consistent good/great art will always be winner in convincing me to spend my money and also i didn't mind that Aaron continued telling the story of The Accursed all through his introduction of Jane Thor.

Did Aaron ever explain what happened to Jane's real estate boyfriend? Did they break-up off panel?
    Last edited by Tofali; 09-08-2017 at 05:03 PM.

BANNED

Basically, that is no way to tell what character is more successful until both of then get their own comic at the same time, even better if both of then is written by the same author. I would go for Odinson, you I imagine would go for Jane, the other thousands of readers, I have no idea.
    I'm speaking of actual numbers here.

Both Odinson and Jane have had volumes written by Aaron, and Jane has seen more success.

You may be right that if both characters get their own book in the future, or that Odinson takes over the main book again, that he sees better sales than Jane. But as it stands, Jane's sales have been better.

I'm speaking of actual numbers here.
    Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics.

Numbers don't tell the whole story. There are lots of facts that get ignored. The most important one.........

It is not a competition!!

It can't be. If you take Thor/Odinson and his mythology out of the Thor/Jane books - what is left? Thor/Jane is partly, if not mainly, reliant on Thor/Odinson for any success she has. If you are a fan of Thor/Jane - you really should recognise this.

Likewise if you are a Thor/Odinson fan any success that Thor/Jane has (and it seems she is successful) is a reflection of what makes Thor/Odinson great. When pointing out what makes Thor/Odinson a wonderful character you can point to Thor/Jane and say - there's proof.

It is a symbiotic relationship - not an adversarial one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WaxHawk View Post
    Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics.

Numbers don't tell the whole story. There are lots of facts that get ignored. The most important one.........

It is not a competition!!

It can't be. If you take Thor/Odinson and his mythology out of the Thor/Jane books - what is left? Thor/Jane is partly, if not mainly, reliant on Thor/Odinson for any success she has. If you are a fan of Thor/Jane - you really should recognise this.

Likewise if you are a Thor/Odinson fan any success that Thor/Jane has (and it seems she is successful) is a reflection of what makes Thor/Odinson great. When pointing out what makes Thor/Odinson a wonderful character you can point to Thor/Jane and say - there's proof.

It is a symbiotic relationship - not an adversarial one.
    Which is besides the point.

Very early on in discussing sales performance, I agreed that Jane is benefiting from the Thor mythology.

If Jane were relaunched in the vein of Thunderstrike, she wouldn't be performing as well as she is now.

In the most recent discussion of sales, I was pointing out, if Marvel does make Jane the face of the Thor franchise going forward, why they would do so. It was a response.

As for who's a better character, I haven't discussed anything like that in this thread. That's not what sales discussions have been about.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 09-08-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Mighty Member

I would love to see a meeting between Thor and his biological mother, Jord aka Gaea in the movies.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

BANNED

Is that Karnilla?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is that Karnilla?
    From what I can remember of her most recent appearance it seems to be her.